Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 06:33 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236440
angelobr Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiano86
An E3 revision is a bit older than the E4. Are you positive that he had the latest bios version on his mobo?

I'm recieving my cpu from fedex today, at last. I'll let you guys know how everything goes once I get it installed again.
Mine was revision D something, and I think that this maybe the problem, or a really defective memory controller... don't now, but tomorrow I'll receive my "new" 3500+, and it was tested by the guy that is selling it and he send me some CPU-z shots. It's really a E3 revision, and I really want this one as I think that it'll for sure works with my ram.

I'll also get my new mobo tomorrow, I'll pick up a Asus A8N-SLI, not the deluxe anymore as I don't need all those advanced features, I can go with the cheaper one and be happy any way

Old 02-07-2006, 06:34 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236441

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY
Please do let us know but it sounds like you are going in the right direction!
Yeah, for sure, now I think that everything will be ok. Let's see what happens tomorrow

Old 02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236589
Italiano86 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelobr
Mine was revision D something, and I think that this maybe the problem, or a really defective memory controller... don't now, but tomorrow I'll receive my "new" 3500+, and it was tested by the guy that is selling it and he send me some CPU-z shots. It's really a E3 revision, and I really want this one as I think that it'll for sure works with my ram.

I'll also get my new mobo tomorrow, I'll pick up a Asus A8N-SLI, not the deluxe anymore as I don't need all those advanced features, I can go with the cheaper one and be happy any way
Can you do us all a big favor and mess around with your old and new parts if you still have them? Here is a lsit of the things that would be awsome if you can test out.

Try: The old cpu with new board, with original memory (if you have new then try that too), and then the new cpu with old board, with original memory.

If you could do all that for us then it very well may help us determine the issue. Thanks man.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:22 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236620

Quote:
Can you do us all a big favor and mess around with your old and new parts if you still have them? Here is a lsit of the things that would be awsome if you can test out.

Try: The old cpu with new board, with original memory (if you have new then try that too), and then the new cpu with old board, with original memory.

If you could do all that for us then it very well may help us determine the issue. Thanks man.
Well, I did something just like this. I went to a friend's house and used his mobo and cpu to test.

So that is what happened:

my mobo / my cpu / my memory = beeps, or sometimes single channel
his mobo / his cpu / his memory = no problems, dual channel
his mobo / his cpu / my memory = no problems, dual channel
his mobo / my cpu / my memory = beeps

So, I think that I had a defective CPU. I already send my mobo and my cpu to be replaced. Today I'll receive the new cpu, that'll be a Venice 3500+, and as the mobo vendor doesn't have a new one to send me he returned my money and I'll get a new one. I'll probably get a Asus A8N-E, that is simple, cost effective and have all the features that I really need.

Let's see what happens today at night.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236631

Yea, I was hoping that you were able to test your old stuff on the new asus mobo if you were going to get a new one, but it's all good. In the asus forum that I registered on, some moderator trys to tell me that my ram shouldn't work on that board because asus didn't list it as supported on their website, this guy is full of crap. Corsair has it listed on their website, doesn't that mean something? lol

Old 02-08-2006, 01:41 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236643

Quote:
Yea, I was hoping that you were able to test your old stuff on the new asus mobo if you were going to get a new one, but it's all good. In the asus forum that I registered on, some moderator trys to tell me that my ram shouldn't work on that board because asus didn't list it as supported on their website, this guy is full of crap. Corsair has it listed on their website, doesn't that mean something? lol
Well, can't this be a problem with your cpu? I think that this was my problem. I just get a brand new Asus, a A8N-E, revision 2.00. I'll see in some hours what'll happens as I'm working now.

I also received my new cpu, that is a Venice 3500+ revision E3. The same revision of the Venice 3000+ that my friend've and where my ram worked just fine. I hope that this thing works now

Old 02-08-2006, 01:48 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236646

Quote:
I saw in your's specs that you've a Maxtor SATA HDD, do you've any trouble with this and your NForce4 mobo?

I had two Maxtor SATA HDD, one DiamondMax 10 and a DiamondMax 9, the 10 one worked right but appears to be a little bit slower than used to be on my old Nforce3 mobo, but the 9 one was totally crazy, and it disappears sometimes under Windows.... a totally crazy thing. Do you've this kind of problem? I just sold both and picked up a brand new Western Digital

Old 02-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236695

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelobr
I saw in your's specs that you've a Maxtor SATA HDD, do you've any trouble with this and your NForce4 mobo?

I had two Maxtor SATA HDD, one DiamondMax 10 and a DiamondMax 9, the 10 one worked right but appears to be a little bit slower than used to be on my old Nforce3 mobo, but the 9 one was totally crazy, and it disappears sometimes under Windows.... a totally crazy thing. Do you've this kind of problem? I just sold both and picked up a brand new Western Digital
Nah, the hard-drive works like a charm, the 16meg chache kicks ***. Thing is man, I really needed you to test your new cpu with your original asus board and ram to see if that made a difference at all. Amd tested and passed my cpu, so there is no way I can get a replacement for it.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:32 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236800

Quote:
Nah, the hard-drive works like a charm, the 16meg chache kicks ***. Thing is man, I really needed you to test your new cpu with your original asus board and ram to see if that made a difference at all. Amd tested and passed my cpu, so there is no way I can get a replacement for it.
I just made the tests, and now everything is working fine! Finally I get dual channel working, and no problem at all until now, but I`m using my new mobo also, I don`t have the old one anymore...

Old 02-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236845

So exactly which parts are you using? You have a new mobo, cpu, and the same old ram?

Old 02-09-2006, 02:02 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236866

Quote:
So exactly which parts are you using? You have a new mobo, cpu, and the same old ram?
Exact. I get a new mobo, a Asus A8N-E, a new cpu, Venice 3500+, and the same "old" ram, 2x1Gb Corsair Value RAM.

Now everything is working, although my mobo already showed me problems But this was because of this stupid Asus that used the worst cooler in the world for the chipset and at the third time that the mobo was turned on the chipset fan passed away... I'll remember this on my next mobo, to don't buy Asus anymore

I just went now to another store here and bought a new chipset cooler from Evercool that I hope will work for a long time and will also make this chipset cooler

Tonight I post what happend...

Old 02-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 236907
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Thank you for letting us know!

Old 02-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236955

The thing is, my options are to either get a different brand of ram or mobo, and both are over 5 months old, so this isn't really possible for me to do unfortunately, I can only get them replaced. Newegg's return policy is 30 days... I'm guessing that you were able to get your money back because of a recent purchase?

Old 02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 236970
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Old 02-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236979

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY
Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it!
I'm cool with getting them replaced, but I'm pretty sure that even if I get a new set, it's still not gonna work. Angelobr kinda proved that already when he went through 3 motherboards, and got another new one which he is using the original memory in just fine. Is there any way I can just get my money back on them?
My 30 day money back on newegg is kinda expired...

Last edited by Italiano86; 02-09-2006 at 09:30 PM.