The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2018, 02:21 PM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978420
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

Same here.

iCUE+Service spend around 6% after fresh boot then over time both climb a bit more.

10%+ just to manage profiles and drive lights is certainly unacceptable. The service keeps using CPU even if iCUE has been closed and lights aren't being driven.

Having iCUE running without the SDK doesn't make any difference performance wise here, but it makes iCUE to lose all custom performance settings after each reboot.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:54 PM
Crashboy96's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978458
Crashboy96 Reputation: 10

I stumbled upon this thread with the same issue and actually found a solution that fixed this for me.

As soon as I unchecked the setting for my RAM in iCue "Enable full software control" the CPU usage for Corsair Service dropped from 10-11% on my OCd 8700k to literally less than half a percent.

Not only did it fix this issue, but I was having an issue lately with the blue LEDs on my RAM wavering/flickering during effects and this resolved that as well somehow.

Not really sure what the intention of the "Enable full software control" setting is, but what it actually did was **** with my PC.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:10 AM
monta990's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978478
monta990 Reputation: 10

i have a problem, this version don't recognize my nvidia gtx 1080 in the dashboard :)
Old 11-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Ich spreche kein Englisch
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978488
LeSnakk Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashboy96 View Post
I stumbled upon this thread with the same issue and actually found a solution that fixed this for me.

As soon as I unchecked the setting for my RAM in iCue "Enable full software control" the CPU usage for Corsair Service dropped from 10-11% on my OCd 8700k to literally less than half a percent.

Not only did it fix this issue, but I was having an issue lately with the blue LEDs on my RAM wavering/flickering during effects and this resolved that as well somehow.

Not really sure what the intention of the "Enable full software control" setting is, but what it actually did was **** with my PC.
This is a known solution.
First, it was only possible to save one effect directly to the Vengeance RGB Pro. With another update you were then able to aktivate the option "Enable full software control" which means that the effect is no longer stored onto the memory of the RAM but instead iCUE controls the RAM directly, which leads to a slightly higher CPU usage.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:21 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978502
Mussels Reputation: 10

My node pro wont update to the new firmware (seems to work, then asks to update again) in this build of iCue, and my light strips dont work - the first strip is stuck on static lighting and only the first 4 LED's of the second strip light up... strips 3 and 4 are dark.

rewiring the 2nd strip in place of the first doesnt seem to change anything, so i dont think its a failed strip

i'm also seeing my vengeance pro ram twice, and its lighting control is all weird as well. only thing behaving normal is K65 rapidfire keyboard.

Last edited by Mussels; 11-01-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:26 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978504
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
My node pro wont update to the new firmware (seems to work, then asks to update again) in this build of iCue, and my light strips dont work - the first strip is stuck on static lighting and only the first 4 LED's of the second strip light up... strips 3 and 4 are dark.

rewiring the 2nd strip in place of the first doesnt seem to change anything, so i dont think its a failed strip

i'm also seeing my vengeance pro ram twice, and its lighting control is all weird as well. only thing behaving normal is K65 rapidfire keyboard.
I would suggest trying a repair install first.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978554

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I would suggest trying a repair install first.
updated update to the update: my lighting strips just chose this time to die. Simply a coincidence about the iCue and firmware update, as two of the strips work perfectly fine but things go crazy when the faulty ones are connected, in any order

Last edited by Mussels; 11-01-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:02 PM
726Nine's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978559
726Nine Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashboy96 View Post

Many thanks for sharing this solution. It also worked for me, reducing CPU usage on my OC’d 4.8G 7700K from 14% to about 1%
Old 11-02-2018, 02:26 AM
fix ya stuff, *******...
greyaria's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978570
greyaria Reputation: 10

New to this forum and new to Corsair.

Gotta say that so far I am NOT impressed.

I bought a Void Pro RGB Wireless headset earlier this evening. I had no problems with it until I decided that I wanted to extend the battery life by shutting off the LED lights, so I downloaded iCUE.

As soon as I installed it, I started hearing static whenever any audio would play on the headset. I have been searching for a solution to this for about six hours, and the best answer I have found came from this forum. The solution was to uninstall iCUE entirely.

I did, and while the static is now gone, I can't control the LED lights, use the equalizer, or the 7.1 surround feature.

This is something that far too many people seem to have an issue with, and it seems that Corsair really doesn't care to fix it. At least according to so many other posts in this forum.

I created a ticket with Corsair support (which was ridiculous in itself... Nowhere on the box does it say what the hell the part number is vs the serial number or lot number... Seems to me that customers should not have to look up how to create a ticket on top of everything else...) so we'll see how that goes.

Though, again, judging by many other posts, I probably won't get much in the way of help.

I am posting on this specific thread because this thread is specifically for the iCUE software, unless I am mistaken.

If there is a more appropriate place for me to post this, please let me know and I will move it there.

While I'm here, I have some other questions/comments on this iCUE software.

Why does it use so much memory? I guess I can see why iCUE would use more memory if it were actually controlling several different pieces of hardware at once... But I was only using it for my headset, and it was using typically about 300 mb of memory. What's the issue with that? Many of my pc games don't use that much memory. Neither does software like OBS, Steam on Twitch.

Why are there zero microphone settings? I should not have to download additional software to be able to control basic things like noise suppression and mic sensitivity, but I had to. I have gotten cheapy $20 headsets from China with more microphone settings than this $100 name brand headset. The 'unidirectional' microphone is insanely sensitive (it picks up the sounds of cars passing on the street, despite all the windows being closed, a fan being on, being on the second story and the street being about 30 yards away) making some sort of control option necessary to be able to use the microphone at all. The fact that iCUE lacks any microphone control at all makes no sense.

Last edited by greyaria; 11-02-2018 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:43 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978571

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyaria View Post
New to this forum and new to Corsair.

Gotta say that so far I am NOT impressed.

I bought a Void Pro RGB Wireless headset earlier this evening. I had no problems with it until I decided that I wanted to extend the battery life by shutting off the LED lights, so I downloaded iCUE.

As soon as I installed it, I started hearing static whenever any audio would play on the headset. I have been searching for a solution to this for about six hours, and the best answer I have found came from this forum. The solution was to uninstall iCUE entirely.

I did, and while the static is now gone, I can't control the LED lights, use the equalizer, or the 7.1 surround feature.

This is something that far too many people seem to have an issue with, and it seems that Corsair really doesn't care to fix it. At least according to so many other posts in this forum.

I created a ticket with Corsair support (which was ridiculous in itself... Nowhere on the box does it say what the hell the part number is vs the serial number or lot number... Seems to me that customers should not have to look up how to create a ticket on top of everything else...) so we'll see how that goes.

Though, again, judging by many other posts, I probably won't get much in the way of help.

I am posting on this specific thread because this thread is specifically for the iCUE software, unless I am mistaken.

If there is a more appropriate place for me to post this, please let me know and I will move it there.
turn off sidetone, see if that helps.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:39 AM
drcmclow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978629
drcmclow Reputation: 8

i deinstalled icue complettly since im having real troubles with the 3.8 version...

- dashboard is complettly dark
- icue always freezes
- now the biggest error:
my whole computer has font problems when it is installed or runned once...
this means my context menu dont have no letters at all.. also most programms like explorer have no text... i tried alot of things im 100 percent sure its from icue...

is there a way i can download earlier versions?? thx