The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2018, 12:38 PM

POST ID # = 979645
Yannosh Reputation: 10

Hi everyone! I just registered to the forum because of this issue...
I just bought the Crystal 280x case, which is the best and most beautiful case I ever owned, but it is a shame that the only solution not to beacome crazy or blind (or both) is to downgrade the firmware and install an old software.
I hope you will fix this soon!

Add me to the list Piplos, peace!
Old 11-09-2018, 01:21 PM
natefrog's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979649
natefrog Reputation: 9

DevBiker, dude I'm not arguing with you. I understand what you're saying and I agree. However, my biggest issue with both the beta team's and the dev's responses in this thread is calling this issue low priority. When compared to severe performance bugs yes I get that it's a lower priority, but on the functionality side of things this should be one of the highest priorities since it effects every single user of the effected products. Add that to the fact that the biggest selling point of this software and it's related product line is customization, losing said customization whenever you do routine PC tasks such as locking, restarting, monitor power saving mode, etc. is a huge hit to the product.

So basically what I'm saying is for non-bug fix related items this issue should be among the highest of priorities. I know that the type of bug fixes you stated would jump in front of this issue definitely, but calling this a low priority to a customer, especially one that doesn't understand what we're discussing is basically saying "We don't really give a **** about your issue" in their eyes.

*EDIT*
I also wanted to add that I think this is a spectacular piece of software and product line. This one issue completely kills it for me though because it ruins the exact purpose of which I purchased the items for. That is why I am so upset and in the end it really doesn't matter the internal development issues, even though I understand them, bottom line is I purchased products for a specific reason and there is a flaw in the software causing it to not function as stated (customized).

Last edited by natefrog; 11-09-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:36 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979651
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by natefrog View Post
beta team's responses
NDA's suck at times.. really does limit how one can reply in a support type of way at times....

but.

Hold tight... really... hold tight man.... ;) ;) all I can say is.. if you was on a rocket to the moon.. you are already in the Moon Landing Craft. and preparing to slow your orbit down ready to land ;).. you will soon be saying "one small step for iCue one giant leap for RGB kind"

as DevB has already said.... things are being worked on and have been since before this thread started ;). we are limited on what we are allowed to say Dude.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:48 PM
natefrog's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
NDA's suck at times.. really does limit how one can reply in a support type of way at times....

but.

Hold tight... really... hold tight man.... ;) ;) all I can say is.. if you was on a rocket to the moon.. you are already in the Moon Landing Craft. and preparing to slow your orbit down ready to land ;).. you will soon be saying "one small step for iCue one giant leap for RGB kind"

as DevB has already said.... things are being worked on and have been since before this thread started ;). we are limited on what we are allowed to say Dude.
Completely understand all that, I deal with that kind of stuff on the daily. All I'm saying is calling someone's issue that is important to them on a product they spent allot of money on "low priority" will infuriate people because it's just like telling them you don't care about their issue. In fact "low priority" should never come out of someone's mouth when discussing a customer's issue regardless of its the correct priority or not, that's business 101.

Best response would have been "This issue has been noted and is being worked on, but other issues have a higher priority at this time. We will have something done on this as soon as we can." See how that is better then the "We know about this, but it's a low priority because it isn't a bug" statement. Also this is speaking about the Dev's responses in this thread, not yours as you don't work for Corsair so you can say it however you want to.

*EDIT*
Also I have my temporary fix working even though it is a pain. Used iCUE to set a hardware profile to my cooler then uninstalled iCUE and used Link to set my LNP up to match the cooler. Works perfectly, but will be a pain to change things up when I get the urge. Really looking forward to iCUE being able to do it all as ,like I said before, it really is a spectacular piece of software.

Last edited by natefrog; 11-09-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:37 PM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979666
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Completely understand all that, I deal with that kind of stuff on the daily. All I'm saying is calling someone's issue that is important to them on a product they spent allot of money on "low priority" will infuriate people because it's just like telling them you don't care about their issue. In fact "low priority" should never come out of someone's mouth when discussing a customer's issue regardless of its the correct priority or not, that's business 101.

Best response would have been "This issue has been noted and is being worked on, but other issues have a higher priority at this time. We will have something done on this as soon as we can." See how that is better then the "We know about this, but it's a low priority because it isn't a bug" statement. Also this is speaking about the Dev's responses in this thread, not yours as you don't work for Corsair so you can say it however you want to.
I don't think anyone called it a "low priority", I think DevBiker's "Lower Priority" was in context to other things that need to be addressed, like performance issues and items that cause the software to crash. Also new hardware priority can be put over smaller things that come as more of an annoyance. The hardware is what pays their bills, the software is given out free and is a cost center for them.

The Beta testers here, including myself are all volunteers. We like this software and that is why we are Beta testing it. We also like helping others. It can be frustrating at times. Some people are very rude to us i.e. insulting developers, calling people fan boys, and calling the product crap. Comments like that have no bearing or anyway to help the product or Corsair improve itself. As toxic as the OP has been, I think this thread has been helpful to bring to light how many people want this feature. After all for annoying items like this, it is the community that sets the priority. I think you kind of jumped into a little bit of fire after such a comment. If people seemed short with you, then that is the reason. There is a difference between constructive criticism/critiques and being rude.

I was livid when Windows released the "free" Windows update to Windows 10. My dad got upgraded to Windows 10 and didn't know how to get on the internet (no supported NIC drivers). Also my wife's and mother's Laptops didn't support Windows 10 and ran slow as hell. My old man tried to roll back, though that process didn't work out so well for him. My nerd rage exceeded the OP's, though I did not vent my rage to MS as they realized the F'ed up. I even run Windows 10 now on my current system. Though thank god I support Linux at work :)

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:46 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979876

just to show that you can't please every one. whats good for the goose isnt always good for the gander

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182373

Last edited by Zotty; 11-11-2018 at 03:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:02 AM
natefrog's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
just to show that you can't please every one. whats good for the goose isnt always good for the gander

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182373
There's bound to be some people that love it. I actually don't hate it that much, I just really hate the fact that it takes over when I don't want it to.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:10 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979878

Quote:
There's bound to be some people that love it. I actually don't hate it that much, I just really hate the fact that it takes over when I don't want it to.
understandable.... and not aimed at you ;). i am the same dude as it bothers me little, but that's easy for me to say as a home user where i dont have to worry about security.. my PC doesnt sleep or lock it's self. when it's off.. it's off...

was just a general eye opener for those not paying attention ;) ;)

Imagine if it did bother me!!! lol

Last edited by Zotty; 11-11-2018 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:22 PM
Lurker Extraordinaire
monakh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980509
monakh Reputation: 10

Thread seems pretty heated but add me to the list of peeps who want the lighting to either stick to the active profile or completely turn off when I lock the PC.

I'll wait as long as it takes though, it's very bothersome for me but not enough to get into giant arguments over, with a company I like.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:29 PM
guschen802's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980547
guschen802 Reputation: 10

Add me to the list. I ran several non-windows os on my pc, it is really annoying that the profile change to rainbow when not using iCue. I like rainbow, but I rather have it consistent no matter iCue is on or off.

Until the problem solved, I will still use Link.

I am kind of afraid that CP and LNP does not support this. Because they can only replay last light effect instead of a dedicate storage for storing profile. And it can not replay the fancy iCue light effect without iCue running and cause it to use the only one profile that come with the hardware, rainbow.

Hope this is not true and it will be address in future.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:47 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980568

Quote:
Originally Posted by guschen802 View Post

It's not true buddy. If it could do it in Link then it will happen in iCue.. just a matter of time imho....
Old 11-15-2018, 06:00 AM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980582
Piplos Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
Thread seems pretty heated but add me to the list of peeps who want the lighting to either stick to the active profile or completely turn off when I lock the PC.

I'll wait as long as it takes though, it's very bothersome for me but not enough to get into giant arguments over, with a company I like.
Thanks, I've added you to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by guschen802 View Post
Add me to the list. I ran several non-windows os on my pc, it is really annoying that the profile change to rainbow when not using iCue. I like rainbow, but I rather have it consistent no matter iCue is on or off.

Until the problem solved, I will still use Link.

I am kind of afraid that CP and LNP does not support this. Because they can only replay last light effect instead of a dedicate storage for storing profile. And it can not replay the fancy iCue light effect without iCue running and cause it to use the only one profile that come with the hardware, rainbow.

Exactly, I'm also using other operating systems than Windows and the unstoppable rainbow effect really bothers me
Old 11-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Djsprc's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981257
Djsprc Reputation: 10

Is there a fix for this rainbow affect. ift not add me to the list
Old 11-21-2018, 11:57 AM
minciu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981496
minciu Reputation: 10

Pls add Ambilight for monitors (and keaybord):
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182086

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=966637

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=156390

There is any chance to add this function to iCue soon? Months, two or three ?? How long we need wait? I need to know :)

Old 11-23-2018, 11:23 AM

POST ID # = 981703
ChaosBlades Reputation: 12

Putting my vote in this as well. It is really annoying. At least Razers chosen effect is a slow fade instead of Corsairs obnoxious rainbow spiral. Please disable all LED effects unless connected to CUE.