The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2018, 04:45 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 972618
Corsair James Reputation: 75

It has and still is being worked on. I can elaborate why its taking so long:

1.) We are not reusing LINK lighting patterns to save to the device due to the newer options of iCUE. We have to translate instead all of the lighting patterns from scratch to ensure the devices can use them as "hardware mode" for all of our strips and fans.

2.) We are working to add LL fans for hardware effects, something LINK couldn't do and is a new enhancement to better serve all your needs.

3.) We are not going to allow this to be toggleable per fan due to the hardware limitations. What we are going to do is you can select an effect and have it play all over your strips and fans as one effect overall (i.e., Wave will play over X number fans, X being the fans you designated in Lighting Setup). You cannot do Wave on Fan 1, Rainbow on Fan 2, etc. anymore. However, since software opened up a plethora of new effects, we felt this was a good compromise.

4.) This is currently still in development and undergoing massive testing since its all new code for this feature. I understand a lot of you are awaiting for this feature and I have not ignored it, but it will take some time to implement this in addition to all of our other features and enhancements. As you can see from the patch notes, iCUE is a massive beast that has many moving parts.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 09-15-2018, 02:34 AM

POST ID # = 972816
TheBuz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post

3.) We are not going to allow this to be toggleable per fan due to the hardware limitations. What we are going to do is you can select an effect and have it play all over your strips and fans as one effect overall (i.e., Wave will play over X number fans, X being the fans you designated in Lighting Setup). You cannot do Wave on Fan 1, Rainbow on Fan 2, etc. anymore. However, since software opened up a plethora of new effects, we felt this was a good compromise.
Thank you for the update! Very much appreciated

Does point 3 mean we would lose that functionality all of the time, or just in "hardware mode"?
Old 09-18-2018, 04:50 AM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973220
Piplos Reputation: 10

Quote:

1.) We are not reusing LINK lighting patterns to save to the device due to the newer options of iCUE. We have to translate instead all of the lighting patterns from scratch to ensure the devices can use them as "hardware mode" for all of our strips and fans.

2.) We are working to add LL fans for hardware effects, something LINK couldn't do and is a new enhancement to better serve all your needs.

4.) This is currently still in development and undergoing massive testing since its all new code for this feature. I understand a lot of you are awaiting for this feature and I have not ignored it, but it will take some time to implement this in addition to all of our other features and enhancements. As you can see from the patch notes, iCUE is a massive beast that has many moving parts.
That's great. I'm waiting for the next big update. I hope there will be some code optimization as well, iCUE takes a lot of CPU
Old 10-04-2018, 12:49 AM
dwjp90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975119
dwjp90 Reputation: 10

Quote:

Corsair James,

I can not wait for this feature, is it possible to have a firmware that we can manually flash for the lighting node pro and the commander pro that can disable all leds for demo mode?

Perhaps a sticky with 7-10 firmwares of just different static colors will make lots of users happy and be a fantastic temp solution

I just dumped a good chunk of money on 3xLL120, 8X led strip, 3XLL140, Commander pro and was really hoping to perfect my setup, but my lights being on when I lock my PC messes that up a lot

Last edited by dwjp90; 10-04-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:52 AM

POST ID # = 976116
ombadboy Reputation: 10

Add me to this list please. In particular, I'm interested in all RGB going OFF when Win + L.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombadboy View Post
Add me to this list please. In particular, I'm interested in all RGB going OFF when Win + L.
Thanks, I've added you
Old 10-12-2018, 12:16 PM
cc10101's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976120
cc10101 Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombadboy View Post
I would prefer that my RGB settings persist when my computer is locked. For aesthetic reasons, but also practical ones. For example, turning off my keyboard lighting entirely undoes my highlighting of certain keys.

With what will wind up being around 32+ fans in my case when I'm done with this build, plus all the other RGB stuff, I guess I'd it all to show what I set up even when I'm away from my computer.

My objection is not having an option other than the rainbow effect, which I find personally find an irritating effect. And who wants to spend all that money on a ton of RBG-enabled hardware to be irritated by it when the system is locked and one's working on another machine?
Old 10-18-2018, 05:35 AM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976898

Still no fix?
Old 10-18-2018, 07:16 AM
GreenArrow18's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976906
GreenArrow18 Reputation: 10

I mean, my iCue setting hold after i boot off, they are the same when I boot, but quickly become out of sync until I have iCue running on the OS. My problem is that I use an effect for the ram on my color profile and it always defaults to random colors instead of the single color i told it to use. moderately annoying.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:43 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976913
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenArrow18 View Post
I mean, my iCue setting hold after i boot off, they are the same when I boot, but quickly become out of sync until I have iCue running on the OS. My problem is that I use an effect for the ram on my color profile and it always defaults to random colors instead of the single color i told it to use. moderately annoying.
That's the sequential effect, yes? If so, it's a known bug and it's on the list.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:41 AM
GreenArrow18's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976920
GreenArrow18 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
That's the sequential effect, yes? If so, it's a known bug and it's on the list.
Yep. At least it is a known bug.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:12 AM
dwjp90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976928
dwjp90 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplos View Post
Do you like the rainbow effect? Good, I'm really happy for you.

BUT I HATE IT
I like it.

WHEN I USE MY RAINBOW PROFILE, but not when I lock my PC before I go to sleep
Old 10-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977097

Meanwhile, the list of users complaining about this [bug|issue|usabilityproblem] is still growing. Still no fix.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 PM
RGB Lunatic
Alcasczar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977113
Alcasczar Reputation: 10

Add me to this list also in regards to keeping my default profile humming along when I lock my screen / during boot up etc .
Old 10-20-2018, 03:25 AM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcasczar View Post
Add me to this list also in regards to keeping my default profile humming along when I lock my screen / during boot up etc .
Thanks, I've just added you to the list