The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2018, 06:11 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957918
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

No offense taken. I am having a hard time picking out the pattern so far. Normally, I can scroll through and see it without having to methodically document it. Not this time. It might be helpful is we can push this issue into the hardware problem category or an installation problem. My instincts tell me the later, but that is not a solid foundation to work from.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:28 PM
ph3nak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957923
ph3nak Reputation: 10
Default Cpu0

It only effecting core 1 thread 0 on my cpu
Attached Images
File Type: png high cpu on cpu0.png (128.2 KB, 152 views)
Old 06-06-2018, 07:08 PM
KnightArch's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957927
KnightArch Reputation: 10

I don't think it's installation problem. My guess is bad coding, like some mistaken loop or some thread stuck waiting for some action to trigger it out of the loop, which is not the intended and uses a lot of cpu resources for some obscure reason, it happens. As a dev, I saw a lot of these problems in my career and sometimes it's not easy to find the source of the problem, but I'm speculating here. I have experience with app development but what I said is purely speculation since I did't see the code, so I'm not 100% sure, of course.

Here I have problems with my Dell Inspiron 15 7560 using only my void surround and my desktop that I built myself. Both has cpu consumption of one core at 95%+ even that there is no devices connected, which leads me to think there is something else besides the lighting effects causing this behavior as my notebook doesn't have any profile with lights and still has high cpu usage.
In my desktop, jesus, I have a lot of things from Corsair connected to it and the problem are basically the same. I said a few post before that I even tried to remove all the profiles and removed the lighting for all my devices, but no changes.

I hope now that Corsair released the "full version" of iCUE they will work faster to release new builds to us.

Just to coop with you, based on your own pattern:

Desktop PC

Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME/7900X
Chipset Southbridge X299
Chipset Northbridge Skylake-X
Vengeance RGB
H115i
K95 RGB Platinum
Glaive RGB
MM800 mouse pad
ST100 Stand
Void Surround
Win 10 PRO 1803 (17134.81)

Notebook PC

Dell Inspiron 7560/7500U
Chipset Southbridge Kaby Lake-Y PCH
Chipset Northbridge Kaby Lake
Void Surround
Win 10 PRO 1803 (17134.81)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:13 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957935
hastegag Reputation: 20

As mentioned by others, I had the previous icue installed and had zero issues, then updated, but heeded posted advice and pulled the micro USB on the processor cooler and then rebooted and icue went back to ZERO utilization from around 10-11% on a modern system (8700k).

For the record, it didn't seem in my case to have aggressive core affinity for the 10-11 percent.

That said, I agree with the posited assertion above about a thread-locking-poll with a programming problem, I've done it, it happens and those loops don't always stick out like a sore thumb. Seems fixable when they step through but they def. should look at what is happening with the processor coolers when USB is plugged in, mine is last gen btw.

EDIT Update: Just plugged it back in for reference and it jumped right back up from 0 with occasional 1-2 percent spikes to 10-11 again. :) This is definitely most folks problem.

Oh my bad read above about h115i being a problem that is definitely mine. :))

As recommended above, probably your best bet is to temporarily rename the file as below:

Last edited by hastegag; 06-06-2018 at 09:51 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-07-2018, 01:24 AM

POST ID # = 957968
k155 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightArch View Post
I hope now that Corsair released the "full version" of iCUE they will work faster to release new builds to us.
I hope I turn out to be wrong, but the fact that Corsair is currently at Computex debuting new products doesn't bode well for the fix being released this week. In the meantime, I would love it if they could let us download the prior version of iCUE which had some minor bugs but nothing of this magnitude.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:28 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957970
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by k155 View Post
I hope I turn out to be wrong, but the fact that Corsair is currently at Computex debuting new products doesn't bode well for the fix being released this week. In the meantime, I would love it if they could let us download the prior version of iCUE which had some minor bugs but nothing of this magnitude.
The dev team is not at Computex, though Corsair James, the PM, is. They are working on this and have been for some time now.

While I would not expect a release this week (and there wouldn't be, regardless), I would expect to see one pretty quickly - it won't be as long between releases (3.3 -> 3.4) as it was between 3.2 and 3.3.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-07-2018, 02:18 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957973
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by k155 View Post

this version dude?

http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...87_release.msi
Old 06-07-2018, 05:12 AM

POST ID # = 957982
Tzseng Reputation: 10

Can someone send me 3.2.87 Dark Core SE xml?
Thanks alot!
Old 06-07-2018, 05:41 AM
Syberon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957984
Syberon Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzseng View Post
Thanks alot!
Here is the link: https://yadi.sk/d/08D87mIm3XL3Q9
Old 06-07-2018, 07:02 AM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957994
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzseng View Post
Thanks alot!
Yeah you want to move it or rename it. Maybe I should clarify more on my original post.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:40 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957996
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Would be nice if things like this were fixed prior to release, I know it's early access but still something like this is painfully obvious as soon as you start iCUE.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:32 AM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Would be nice if things like this were fixed prior to release, I know it's early access but still something like this is painfully obvious as soon as you start iCUE.
It is actually officially released, I think this came as a surprise to many of us. They released new RAM and wanted to show the tool off and have much fan fair at Computex. It will get lots of coverage and I am betting many at Corsair where not to happy about the release so soon especially w/ this issue. Maybe they are banking about having it fix, before the majority of people give it a try. Many of us know that this is a great tool, though I do worry that others might not have the same patience. So the more help we give them pin pointing the bugs, the less time they have to spend finding it and the more time they can spend fixing them.

I love the fact they are letting us engage with them. It sure beats making a solution that fits my needs like I had to do with Gigabyte's RGB Fusion. After playing with CUE a year ago, it is hard not to cringe at everything else. iCue gives us a lot more :)

Old 06-07-2018, 01:48 PM
minhdang36's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958052
minhdang36 Reputation: 10

In my case, removing lighting effects of RAM fixes the issue. CPU usage reduces from 11% to 1% after turning off the light of RAM. Please help.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:07 PM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958062

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhdang36 View Post
In my case, removing lighting effects of RAM fixes the issue. CPU usage reduces from 11% to 1% after turning off the light of RAM. Please help.
Unless us users find a quick work around, this issue might have to be patched.
I am fairly confident that this issue is the up most concern for Corsair. We have at least 3 closed Beta guys responding in this thread and an employee.

Your current options are:
1) Downgrading to the previous version, though your profiles won't be able to take the down grade with it.
2) Living with it till they patch or a work around is discovered :(
3) Using Cue2/Link, which won't be able to use your current profiles.

If you have simple profiles it might be worth it if you want to down grade, though if you have something complex, you might have to take the medicine and keep the RAM off, till it is patched. At least this issue will be resolved quickly and they are responding to us.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:03 AM
Syberon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958161
Syberon Reputation: 12

solarity
Today i received my new K70 RGB Rapidfire and you can add to working devices list. This model is not affected by this bug.