The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2018, 02:40 AM
Jayri Avieock's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968409
Jayri Avieock Reputation: 10

I think y'all should be looking for a temperature sensor that's +10°C the CPU cause I found the closest one and make a custom curve based upon the higher temps. Least it's easier to predict temps with that!

Old 08-15-2018, 05:16 PM

POST ID # = 968743
Gary7 Reputation: 10

Same here. To check, I tried the cooler that comes with the processor and Corsair Link gave me the same results.

Last edited by Gary7; 08-15-2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: image doesn't appear.

Old 09-09-2018, 02:55 PM

POST ID # = 972035
seanpatrick Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^ikki View Post
I can confirm this too. I hope this will get fixed soon
Just upgraded to a 2600 from 1600, and now the temp is all screwed up for me too (checked against multiple other software like Aida 64, HwInfo64 etc)

Old 09-09-2018, 05:46 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972047
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpatrick View Post
Just upgraded to a 2600 from 1600, and now the temp is all screwed up for me too (checked against multiple other software like Aida 64, HwInfo64 etc)

Already responded in the separate thread that you made. Multiple posts on the same issue really aren't helpful. Just sayin' ...

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:13 AM
LightCacher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972547
LightCacher Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Corsair is aware of this and working on the fix. I don't have an ETA.

In all honesty, the temp sensors for the AMD platform are something of a challenge due to AMD's implementation. And they changed the temperature offset for the 2nd generation Ryzens somewhat at the last minute without telling anyone. This was actually mentioned in the press shortly after the release of the CPUs.
Any news about this?? I'am very disappointed by Corsair for this issue, several months have passed and I'am tired to see this wrong value daily on Corsair Link.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:22 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972557

It should be fixed in the current iCue build.

Keep in mind that, while it's easy to blame Corsair, it's not entirely their fault. Reviews of the 2nd gen Ryzen noted that AMD changed the thermal sensor offsets at the last minute and without really telling anyone about it. From there, the fix needs to be rolled into the CPUID SDK that they use for monitoring and then integrated into iCue - none of which can happen overnight. Certainly, it's frustrating - I get that - but at least some of that frustration should be directed towards AMD as well.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:43 AM
LightCacher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972568
LightCacher Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
It should be fixed in the current iCue build.

Keep in mind that, while it's easy to blame Corsair, it's not entirely their fault. Reviews of the 2nd gen Ryzen noted that AMD changed the thermal sensor offsets at the last minute and without really telling anyone about it. From there, the fix needs to be rolled into the CPUID SDK that they use for monitoring and then integrated into iCue - none of which can happen overnight. Certainly, it's frustrating - I get that - but at least some of that frustration should be directed towards AMD as well.
Thanks for your reply. I understand what do you say. IMHO if there is so complicated things behinds, (I speak as incompetent) why not implement a sort of manual offset in CL? So I know that my 2700x temp are under -30° I set -30 and so I see the real temp. It is possible to do? Thanks :)

Old 09-13-2018, 10:48 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972570

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCacher View Post
Thanks for your reply. I understand what do you say. IMHO if there is so complicated things behinds, (I speak as incompetent) why not implement a sort of manual offset in CL? So I know that my 2700x temp are under -30° I set -30 and so I see the real temp. It is possible to do? Thanks :)
All things are possible ... it's a question of time, money, available resources, and other priorities.

So ... it's possible. Will it happen? I don't know.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:48 PM

POST ID # = 983590
savinho1 Reputation: 10

Ive found a solution for the problem.
I just registered to help you guys out.

In iCue:

1. Go to Settings.
2. Update Firmware (even when u already have the newest)
3. It will remind you, that you already have the newest Version.
4. Force Update.
5. Cooling makes some strage noises -> Profit

Hope my post was usefull. :)