Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2018, 09:38 PM
Aliti_308's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951036
Aliti_308 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
AFAIK, it is a hardware limitation of the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro. They can't handle some of the new complex patterns available on the LL series fans. If you want all of the patterns, you HAVE to run Link. I don't know if it can be fixed with a firmware update, but I don't think it can.

This is rather depressing for those who do not wish to run Link. I only use Link to update firmware in my Commander Pro and 2 Lighting Node Pros. I use 3rd party software to control all of my Link enabled products, and I am not willing to run Link to get the LL series patterns. So when the time came, I decided to stick with the ML-Pro series fans. The software I use to control my fans and pump is configured to do things that Link cannot do, and I am not willing to give up those features to get LL series LED patterns. In the end, functionality is more important to me than blinky lights, so I made by choice based on that. YMMV.

Thanks for your input! It would be nice to have this ironed out if possible. Having CL running in the back isn't a major deal with me but it kinda sucks that one particular fan type requires CL to run. My PC is strictly a gaming PC. I like to be running minimal background applications as possible. Regularly, these background processes do play around with games (causing stutter, defaulting to windowed mode etc..) as I have found with other examples. CL doesn't appear to be affecting anything with me that I know of though at the moment so that's a plus for now.

Last edited by Aliti_308; 04-18-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Zora50's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951043
Zora50 Reputation: 10

No longer can see temps of my Harddrive or SSD.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:24 PM
will_s's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951051
will_s Reputation: 10

115i Pro is now working with link correctly and that is important to me, 1st pic is from current link

but

Have lost all my drives

pic above was yesterday on older link but had all drives showing but sadly the H115i pro did not communicate with the older version

Last edited by will_s; 04-18-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:44 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951052
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Yes, the drive monitoring has been removed until the clicking issue is resolved.

It'll be back.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:49 AM
Nate82's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951058
Nate82 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair link latest version says "Restore normal operation"

I have a corsair H110i GT and whenever I set corsair link to performance mode, it comes up with a message in green "restore normal operation" What's the go with that.

If I set it to standard or silent there is no error/message???
Attached Images
File Type: png corsairlinkperformancemode.PNG (169.9 KB, 102 views)

Old 04-19-2018, 04:29 AM
Le Juragos
Jackouille's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951069
Jackouille Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffl2me View Post
ok so not a massive issue for me but just wondering if it a "feature" or a bug, ive used used Link before back with ther old silver box and feature/bug was a very grey area for my expirence.

i have recently bough a H150 pro and since the last update (the one before the current 4.9..7.35.) my 3 fans all spin at slightly different speeds:

See Here

so...... feature or bug?

EDIT: i have the profile set to the bog standard BALANCED.

I also noticed this at home, before they were turning to within a couple of rpm.
and now it's a bit of anarchy of 60rpm difference between some fans we are well in the 10% but why before were they absolutely syncro

Last edited by Jackouille; 04-19-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:28 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate82 View Post
I have a corsair H110i GT and whenever I set corsair link to performance mode, it comes up with a message in green "restore normal operation" What's the go with that.

If I set it to standard or silent there is no error/message???
Take a look at your notifications. Do you have something for the fan speed going over a certain level?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:57 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951166
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliti_308 View Post
Thanks for your input! It would be nice to have this ironed out if possible. Having CL running in the back isn't a major deal with me but it kinda sucks that one particular fan type requires CL to run. My PC is strictly a gaming PC. I like to be running minimal background applications as possible. Regularly, these background processes do play around with games (causing stutter, defaulting to windowed mode etc..) as I have found with other examples. CL doesn't appear to be affecting anything with me that I know of though at the moment so that's a plus for now.
I don't know about this version of Link but past versions have been plagued by complaints of high CPU usage that creeps up over time, and memory leaks. Some people running Latency Mon have reported increased latency issues as well. Again, I have no idea if these issues are still afflicting Link.

There are people on here who know a LOT more about Link than I do so maybe someone will chime in here. The program I use to control Link hardware is rock stable and uses extremely low CPU resource as it is very efficient. It does not have a pretty image of your case like Link does and can be complicated to set up. It's really a comprehensive system monitoring program that happens to also control Link enabled devices. It can do pretty much everything that Link can do (except some LL series fan patterns), and some things that Link cannot do, like the ability to have a fan react to more than 1 temperature input, and adjusting curves based on coolant temperature relative to ambient, so your fans can behave one way when the room is hot and another way when the room is cool.

If you are interested, PM me. Some people on this forum don't like to see a lot of posts about a non-Corsair solution, but there is one, and some prefer it.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:32 PM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951199
Muadweeb Reputation: 10

As usual, the thing isnt fixed yet.

The Commander Pro Hub is not operational with internal or EXTERNAL USB headers/ports on AMD boards. Of course, this is not even acknowledged as a "known bug" in the release. I'm tempted to rip the damn commander pro out of my chassis and light it on fire. I have NEVER in my 18 year professional IT career seen a piece of hardware with this many out of the box issues. Usually, there is some sort of workaround, but in this case there's no end in sight. Why not release a driver for the Commander Pro Hub specifically for the HUB portion? As of right now, the fan controller and lighting portions are operational, but the built in USB hub is total junk.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:49 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951202

The thing is ... it works on MOST USB header. However, some AsMedia chipsets are particularly problematic.
You may want to try enabling Legacy USB Support and XHCI Handoff in the BIOS. Or, if enabled, disable them. If possible, you may also want to flash the BIOS.

From my understand, it's an issue with the AsMedia implementation. The fact that the NZXT hub has similar issues would seem to support this understanding. Both of these devices work well on previous generation AMD platforms as well as Intel platforms that use a different controller.

Now .. don't tell me that in your 18 years in IT you've NEVER seen a hardware vendor fail to fully or properly implement a specification. Because I can tell you that in my 25+ years, I've certainly seen it. More than once. ;-)

Old 04-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951235
Muadweeb Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
The thing is ... it works on MOST USB header. However, some AsMedia chipsets are particularly problematic.
You may want to try enabling Legacy USB Support and XHCI Handoff in the BIOS. Or, if enabled, disable them. If possible, you may also want to flash the BIOS.

From my understand, it's an issue with the AsMedia implementation. The fact that the NZXT hub has similar issues would seem to support this understanding. Both of these devices work well on previous generation AMD platforms as well as Intel platforms that use a different controller.

Now .. don't tell me that in your 18 years in IT you've NEVER seen a hardware vendor fail to fully or properly implement a specification. Because I can tell you that in my 25+ years, I've certainly seen it. More than once. ;-)
Oh sure, I have, but there seems to be a disconnect here. Sure, vendors screw up, and with very few exceptions those issues are usually taken care of in a timely fashion (driver updates, etc.)

And you are right, its an issue with the AsMedia sourced components. I have everything updated, including bios, Corsair Link, Firmware for the Commander Pro, and switching legacy and XHCI does nothing. I'd be happy if Corsair acknowledged that this is a known bug, and at the bare minimum added it to the release notes.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:49 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadweeb View Post
Oh sure, I have, but there seems to be a disconnect here. Sure, vendors screw up, and with very few exceptions those issues are usually taken care of in a timely fashion (driver updates, etc.)

And you are right, its an issue with the AsMedia sourced components. I have everything updated, including bios, Corsair Link, Firmware for the Commander Pro, and switching legacy and XHCI does nothing. I'd be happy if Corsair acknowledged that this is a known bug, and at the bare minimum added it to the release notes.
The have acknowledged it, long ago. Now ... they thought they had it fixed with a firmware update to the CoPro. So make sure that you have that done ... if not then they need to continue to work on it. Your takeaway from this is that Corsair is attempting to work around another vendor's bugs to get their device to work properly. But they also need to be careful not to break everyone else because working around this issue requires going "off spec". See the challenge?

Old 04-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Dominator01's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951335
Dominator01 Reputation: 10

If you go into "About Corsair Link" it will give you the wrong Windows 10 version. I'm running Professional and it says it's Enterprise. Has anybody else noticed this issue?

Old 04-20-2018, 08:14 PM
cmkeddy88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951340
cmkeddy88 Reputation: 10

The readings for my AX760i, will either not show up at all or show up but update extremely slowly (maybe once every couple of hours). I have it hooked up through my H100i, it's never shown up properly since using Windows 10.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:30 PM
screwtech02's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951344
screwtech02 Reputation: 10
Default R9 390's not detected with latest link.

Dont know if its a "new" feature, but none of my R9 cards are being detected now.. Neither is my NVME Samsung drive..
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (680.2 KB, 97 views)

Closed Thread