The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2016, 12:19 AM
IcEWoLF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 869140
IcEWoLF Reputation: 10

Sounds like Corsair QC is not that great on memory.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:02 PM
Oggela's PC Specs

POST ID # = 869224
Oggela Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Black Pearl View Post
Hi BonorBound, babovand, Qqu, supertt, and Oggela

We apologize for the trouble you have with your RAM, we are currently investigating the cause of no boot on these motherboards. Can you let me the BIOS revision of your board?

Thank you.
Hello,

Asus Strix X99 Gaming, board revision 1.00 and BIOS version 0801

Last edited by Oggela; 08-28-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 869404
Corsair Black Pearl Reputation: 10

Thank you all for the help. I realized I missed a few of you mentioned about this issue in the earlier post, please forgive me. I will pass BIOS information to our team, this will assist them in narrowing down trouble platforms. Vengeance LED uses premium components and goes through the same QC process as other product lines, so it is very likely that no boot is caused by certain hardware combination. I am confident that we will be able to replicate issue and provide solution shortly.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:04 PM
s5drew's PC Specs

POST ID # = 869412
s5drew Reputation: 10

Quote:
Thank you all for the help. I realized I missed a few of you mentioned about this issue in the earlier post, please forgive me. I will pass BIOS information to our team, this will assist them in narrowing down trouble platforms. Vengeance LED uses premium components and goes through the same QC process as other product lines, so it is very likely that no boot is caused by certain hardware combination. I am confident that we will be able to replicate issue and provide solution shortly.
If you need any assisting on the root cause of the failures, please let me know I am willing to help. I will be seriously bummed if I can't use the LED sticks with my motherboard. It really makes my system give it that cherry on top!

Old 08-30-2016, 06:31 AM

POST ID # = 869433
supertt Reputation: 10

Quote:
Hi BonorBound, babovand, Qqu, supertt, and Oggela

We apologize for the trouble you have with your RAM, we are currently investigating the cause of no boot on these motherboards. Can you let me the BIOS revision of your board?

Thank you.
Hi Black Pearl

Firstly, I was using gigabyte GA-X99-Phoenix SLI*(rev.*1.0) BIOS at F4, when my sencond stick died. I replaced mobo to GA-X99-Designare EX (rev. 1.0) BIOS at F3. unfortunately thrid stick died too in one week later.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:36 AM

POST ID # = 869446
HonorBound Reputation: 10

Also had issues with the new X99 boards from gigabyte with this memory. Had vengeance led sticks die in both x99 ultra gaming and the x99 designare ex

Old 08-30-2016, 09:09 AM
babovand's PC Specs

POST ID # = 869450
babovand Reputation: 10

I just tried my RAM-sticks in my friends ASrock Fatal1ty X99 board. Same as before 16GB out of 32GB showing up in BIOS and Windows. All LED working this time on all sticks. CPU-Z is is detecting all sticks. BIOS is not.

2 sticks somehow got fried.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:42 PM
s5drew's PC Specs

POST ID # = 869508

well this escalated quickly....thats a lot of people. Corsair just needs to admit there are some bad modules.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Sohco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 869789
Sohco Reputation: 10

Well.....my first 8gb stick ( 32gb quad kit ) that was the first to start their "slow pulse death spiral" just stopped working. Boots fine, for now, on the other 3 but as soon as the 4th stick is added it will no longer boot.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Sohco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870303

Update: Two sticks have now died and the third of the four was just starting to do the slow pulse LED light spiral of death. Since it is within the return window for Newegg, Corsair has instructed me to go that route. Fortunately for me, I have a few spare sticks I can install until I receive the new kit. I am really hoping that is all it is and the new ones are better.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:07 AM

POST ID # = 870343
supertt Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohco View Post
Update: Two sticks have now died and the third of the four was just starting to do the slow pulse LED light spiral of death. Since it is within the return window for Newegg, Corsair has instructed me to go that route. Fortunately for me, I have a few spare sticks I can install until I receive the new kit. I am really hoping that is all it is and the new ones are better.
I stoped using rest of these ram and waitting for corsair investigation

Old 09-06-2016, 01:34 PM
s5drew's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870390

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertt View Post
I stoped using rest of these ram and waitting for corsair investigation
yeah goodluck with that wait...they will probably never get back to us.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Sohco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870479

Quote:
Originally Posted by s5drew View Post
yeah goodluck with that wait...they will probably never get back to us.
Possibly true ....

I spoke to Corsair tech support last week and was told that they are unaware of any issues with the RAM. His continued response was that "Well there are bound to be a few bad sticks in every product line they have". I also asked if he (they) were aware of all of the posts on the forums regarding the issues with this RAM. His response was that "people will only post about negative experiences and not positive ones"

I am not very hopeful that any issues will be resolved any time soon.....

Old 09-13-2016, 02:44 AM
s5drew's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871125

It is with great sadness to say ....3 sticks have now died, running on 8gb of RAM here...pretty sad.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Qqu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871234
Qqu Reputation: 10
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by s5drew View Post
It is with great sadness to say ....3 sticks have now died, running on 8gb of RAM here...pretty sad.
You haven't RMA'd those yet? I am having to RMA 2 kits, 1 kit has a dead stick and the other, has a slow LED and if that stick is in, the XMP sets timings to 15-23-24-65.... I can't catch a break with this build....

Asus RVE10 had a dead lan port, returned for exchange to Newegg, out of stock.... who knows when I will see one now although they refunded me so I can try a different board if it is taking to long...

2 bad memory kits and the worst part is, two 4x8gb kits played nicely together so who knows if the replacements will work together or not...... With my luck, I am going to say no and it's anyone's guess if those LEDs will work properly....lol

EVGA has a hardware issue with their 1080 FTWs going black screen and fans spooling to 100% and you guessed it, I have 2 of them although, I haven't had that problem with mine so hopefully, I missed that batch....

My first Intel 6850k was DOA if you can believe it, Sound Blaster Zx defective right channel....

As you can imagine, I am very frustrated right now... haven't had this much trouble ever and I have put more rigs together than I can count starting with my first in 1998.