The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 07:37 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 915038
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzych View Post
The board said to stay at 1.95 max to daily use so I did and focused on tweaking other voltages. I saw VCCIN helping a lot on MSI so I just kept it high for now. The settings are posted for 4.5 Core 4.5 Cache clocks on my 5960X, 1.22 and 1.3V respectively. I can go higher with core but my cooling in not sufficient above 1.3V on the core (H115i), at least not in summer.

Since I have to use Fully Manual Mode in BIOS to get stable with memory and it allows only manual voltages without adaptive mode I have backed my cache to 4.0 and I am now focusing on lowering all voltages. No point on maxing things out until I get custom loop and can really overclock this CPU to max potential.
4.5 and 4.5 is pretty a hefty overclock and I am just fine with 1.95 input voltage for that. I did not expect you have the cache up that high. I do think the cache frequency may have some effect on your attempts to get the memory going. I also have passed near that range, but it became so tedious with nothing more than a bolstered write speed to show for it. I dialed my cache back down to 4.0 and stopped going for more long ago. I've had my dance with non-standard memory frequencies. These days I either run low (2666) or 3200, depending on how hard I want to press the CPU frequencies. I am probably just worn out after a few years of it, but keep at it if you have the energy.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:22 AM

POST ID # = 915076
Krzych Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
4.5 and 4.5 is pretty a hefty overclock and I am just fine with 1.95 input voltage for that. I did not expect you have the cache up that high. I do think the cache frequency may have some effect on your attempts to get the memory going. I also have passed near that range, but it became so tedious with nothing more than a bolstered write speed to show for it. I dialed my cache back down to 4.0 and stopped going for more long ago. I've had my dance with non-standard memory frequencies. These days I either run low (2666) or 3200, depending on how hard I want to press the CPU frequencies. I am probably just worn out after a few years of it, but keep at it if you have the energy.
I have tried even without CPU overclock and memory is till throwing errors at 3000, unless all voltages are fixed through Fully Manual Mode in BIOS.

I have tried different BIOS versions yesterday and it doesn't help. This memory is just bad.

I have tried 2750MHz yesterday and it works without all of this fixing. So getting 2750 MHz with as low timings as possible vs 3000 MHz is some alternative, 2750 13-15-15 should perform very similarly to 3000 14-16-16

Looks like this memory is not really working on advertised speeds unless it is strictly tweaked on each mobo exclusively. It was the cheapest from the stack so I cannot really complain, but generally quality is very questionable.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:37 PM

POST ID # = 915417
Krzych Reputation: 10

Getting issues again, XMP won't boot. I am done. I will order different sticks and if there will be everything okay then I will try to get my money back from Corsair or the shop I bought current sticks in.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:23 PM

POST ID # = 918815
Hurin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion250 View Post
DRAM frequency ratio from 100:100 to 100:133
MCH Full Check from Auto/Enabled to Disabled

After I changed those two I have been stable on 3200.
Glad I took the time to read this thread from page 1.

Since I got my Asus Z170 Deluxe and CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 (2x16GB) RAM, I've only ever been able to run at XMP 3200 settings with a single BIOS for the motherboard.

With the 1902 BIOS, everything is rock stable. No problems whatsoever. However, every newer BIOS has presented with the occasional "error 55" at warm or cold startup.

This weekend, I finally decided that I didn't want to continue running such an old BIOS, so I put the newly release 3504 BIOS on it and began reading. . .

The two tips above seem to do the trick. If I turn off either of them, the issue returns.

Asus Z170 Deluxe - BIOS 3504
Intel 6700K @ 4.6GHz
32GB (2 x 16GB) CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

Stable settings (at least thirty cold and warm reboots accomplished without issue)
  • AI OVerclock Tuner --> XMP
  • ASUS Multicore Enhancement --> Disabled
  • Core Ratios (all four) --> 46
  • BCLK Frequency : DRAM Frequency Ratio --> 100:133
  • DRAM Odd Ratio Mode --> Disabled
  • DRAM Frequency --> 3200 (must set this again after changing BCLK:DRAM ratio to 100:133)
  • MCH Full Check --> Disabled (under DRAM Timing Control)
  • Max CPU Cache Ratio --> 46
  • CPU Core/Cache Voltage --> Adaptive Mode
  • Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage --> 1.290
  • DRAM Voltage --> 1.3500
  • FCLK Frequency For Early Power On --> 1GHz
  • CPU Load-line Calibration --> 6

Old 11-19-2017, 11:29 AM

POST ID # = 926914
Hurin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
Glad I took the time to read this thread from page 1.

Since I got my Asus Z170 Deluxe and CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 (2x16GB) RAM, I've only ever been able to run at XMP 3200 settings with a single BIOS for the motherboard.

With the 1902 BIOS, everything is rock stable. No problems whatsoever. However, every newer BIOS has presented with the occasional "error 55" at warm or cold startup.

This weekend, I finally decided that I didn't want to continue running such an old BIOS, so I put the newly release 3504 BIOS on it and began reading. . .

The two tips above seem to do the trick. If I turn off either of them, the issue returns.

Asus Z170 Deluxe - BIOS 3504
Intel 6700K @ 4.6GHz
32GB (2 x 16GB) CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

Stable settings (at least thirty cold and warm reboots accomplished without issue)
  • AI OVerclock Tuner --> XMP
  • ASUS Multicore Enhancement --> Disabled
  • Core Ratios (all four) --> 46
  • BCLK Frequency : DRAM Frequency Ratio --> 100:133
  • DRAM Odd Ratio Mode --> Disabled
  • DRAM Frequency --> 3200 (must set this again after changing BCLK:DRAM ratio to 100:133)
  • MCH Full Check --> Disabled (under DRAM Timing Control)
  • Max CPU Cache Ratio --> 46
  • CPU Core/Cache Voltage --> Adaptive Mode
  • Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage --> 1.290
  • DRAM Voltage --> 1.3500
  • FCLK Frequency For Early Power On --> 1GHz
  • CPU Load-line Calibration --> 6
Been meaning to report back for a while now. The above did, in fact, not work. Though boot issues are seldom, they still remain. Time to sell this Corsair kit and get something else.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:50 AM
cpdowell's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980617
cpdowell Reputation: 10

When the XMP for the advertised speeds don't work and the manual settings for the advertised speeds don't work, at what point do we ask if at least some of this ram is not capable of reliably hitting the advertised speeds??