The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2018, 11:27 PM
spacewulf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957767
spacewulf Reputation: 10
Default K95 Platinum RGB and Scimitar Pro RGB Getting Out of Sync

So I have had my scimitar pro for a while, and recently acquired the k95 platinum, and wanted to link the lighting while in certain games. Currently I have a gradient over the whole keyboard changing from blue to pink, and back to blue again. I wanted to have my mouse match it, thus I created gradient for that as well, with the same timings and colors. After a while of gaming, I noticed that my mouse was out of sync with my keyboard. I have fine-tuned all the timings both in the software and out of it. I first off made sure that the lighting was taking up exactly 1 second on each device. Secondly, I tried to use the exact same gradient for both, but as there is no lighting library across devices, I could not do that; I found a work-around, however, by editing the cue profiles themselves with Notepad ++, I adjusted the timings to exactly the same across both devices. I have the blue starting from 0 seconds to 0.25 seconds, the pink going from 0.25 seconds to 0.75, going to blue again from 0.75 to 1 second. I have this across both devices, for every profile. I really don't know what's going on here, as my mouse and keyboard should be syncing up with these lighting effects, although they are not. Please help.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:35 PM

POST ID # = 958966
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

You know, you might want to use iCUE for this instead, as it has a preset Color Shift Lighting Link option. I'm guessing that the manual timing is being offset because it takes less time to shift the colors on the mouse than the keyboard.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:39 PM
icy3141's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984270
icy3141 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
You know, you might want to use iCUE for this instead, as it has a preset Color Shift Lighting Link option. I'm guessing that the manual timing is being offset because it takes less time to shift the colors on the mouse than the keyboard.
Same issue for me as OP. Lighting Link is great, but the problem with color shift preset is you can't control color opacity, duration, and can only select 2 colors to shift between.

I can't do my lighting effect without opacity, so it's frustrating that the gradients will not stay synced even though they have the same time setting.