The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 330387
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I am sorry I dont have access to that information, but you can call our customer service and ask them, but keep in mind that it will be a prediction. 888-222-4346 Ext "0"

Old 02-24-2008, 07:29 AM

POST ID # = 332719
robinwilson16 Reputation: 10

The ASUS support forum is not accepting my reply for some reason so I will post my experiences here. Seems as buggy as their motherboards!!!

Unfortunately I bought this motherboard and have had exactly the same problems as everyone else with random freezes and Vista not booting (just sticking on the loading screen) and even installing Vista took multiple attempts due to crashes and lockups. Thanks to NuckinFutz (his post on the ASUS forum) for his settings which enabled me to get things a bit more stable but things are far from satisfactory.
Before thinking that the motherboard may be "dodgy" I went through the normal troubleshooting steps changing ram, removing anything I didn't need to start up but nothing made any difference.

I ran on 2 GB of ram to get things working as I know Vista has some bug with 4GB but then when I put all 4 in the system just beeped when I turned it on and I had to remove 1GB stick and change the sli memory option to disabled and then reinsert the 1gb stick for it to work (the memory is SLI certified).

After applying NuckinFutz settings my system seemed to be running hot too (CPU was 62C and motherboard was 47C) at which point it froze. The computer was idle as well. This is surprising as I have 3 12cm fans blowing onto the motherboard (two at the side, one at the front) with a 12cm fan at the back blowing it out. Things shouldn't be this hot should they?

I am so frustrated with this motherboard having wasted 4 days trying to force it to just run windows and work as it should. All my other motherboards are Asus and I purchase components for an organisation as well.

I will think twice about buying ASUS products in the future as this motherboard is nearly as buggy as Windows Vista!!! Did no-one think to test that this motherboard would work with a quad core Q6600 before sticking it on the packaging and advertising it as such???

Old 02-24-2008, 03:27 PM
DerekT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 332750
DerekT Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinwilson16 View Post
Did no-one think to test that this motherboard would work with a quad core Q6600 before sticking it on the packaging and advertising it as such???
Please enter Here and set down your system components being as specific as possible.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:44 PM

POST ID # = 332778
robinwilson16 Reputation: 10

I didn't bother to fill in my system specs as they will be changing soon as I sent this motherboard back. Is the most unstable one I have ever worked with!

Old 02-24-2008, 05:54 PM
DerekT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 332799
DerekT Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinwilson16 View Post
I didn't bother to fill in my system specs as they will be changing soon as I sent this motherboard back. Is the most unstable one I have ever worked with!
I certainly understand your frustration with the 780i and this board. Just as with the 680i, it is fraught with issues. I personally go with Intel based Chipsets for Intel CPU's.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:12 AM
psygnosi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 341165
psygnosi Reputation: 10
Big Grin

Make sure you are using bios 1001 as this fixes alot of the problems. Like with any motherboard there are teething pains. Ran prime95 quad test & memtest for 24 hours. Rock stable at 3.2Ghz. Running Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition. No BSODs or Lockups. Running UT3, COD4, Bioshock, Stalker, NFS Prostreet and Crysis with no problems. Corsair Dominators rock!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 341449
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

And please post if that solves the issue for you.