Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 10:28 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 236989
angelobr Reputation: 10
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiano86
The thing is, my options are to either get a different brand of ram or mobo, and both are over 5 months old, so this isn't really possible for me to do unfortunately, I can only get them replaced. Newegg's return policy is 30 days... I'm guessing that you were able to get your money back because of a recent purchase?
Yeah, I get my mobo money back as the seller doesn`t have a A8N-SLI Premium anymore and the mobo was only one week old here, so, I picked up the money and bought a less expensive A8N-E, that`ve all the features that I really need.

For my cpu, I has less than 30 days that I bought it, so I talked with the guy that sold it to me and he replaced it with a Venice 3500+. Off course that I needed to pay the little money difference...

Now I just finished the installation of the Evercool fan on my mobo replacing the original chipset fan that passed away.. that was a hard time as the new cooler appears to be a little bit bigger than the old one... nothing that a some punchs and kicks can`t solve

Now I`ve everything working right! Dual Channel is working, tested with Everest and I really get a very high bandwidth. My mobo and cpu is also working fine and the brand new Western Digital 250Gb SATA2 HDD is really fast, furious and hot.. very hot..

Well, anyway, my problem is solved, but if I can help anyone here just leave your message

Old 02-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237096
Italiano86 Reputation: 10

You guys are never gonna believe this. I was messing around with the voltage and timings, and it suddeny started working again! The timings are at the defaults, 2-3-3-6 @ 400mhz, however, your reccommended 2.75 seems to be the cause, I set it at 2.85 and bam, windows loaded perfectly. I'm gonna try to run it at 2.80 and see what happens. Also, is it safe to run it at 2.85? Seems like I have some power hungry dual-channel ram.

Edit: I spoke too soon. As soon as I lowered the voltage to 2.80 it wouldn't reboot again. Even though I put it back to 2.85, its still not working.Man, i'm kinda pissed off, lol. Had it working for 20 mins until i decided to reboot and lower the voltage. I suppose it wouldn't have worked again anyway, no way to tell now...

Last edited by Italiano86; 02-11-2006 at 12:08 AM.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237103
Wired Reputation: 32

Warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 02-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237227

Just got finished testing and going through stuff with an asus tech. We determined the ram and mobo were fine because the computer would post fine with my ram and some older pc2100 without the hdd pulgged in. He also told me that since I own and use a Maxtor maxline 3 drive, that there may be a problem with running it on an nforce mobo, which my a8n-sli is. I emailed maxtor for the software update on my drive, and am still waiting back, will post again to let everyone know if it resolves the problem.

Angelobr, I noticed that you have drives that are listed just as mine which have issues with an nforce4 chipset. Here's the link for everyone to check out, I hope this is the solution to everyones problem.

Maxtor Support Page

Last edited by Italiano86; 02-12-2006 at 11:34 PM.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:37 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237371

Quote:
Just got finished testing and going through stuff with an asus tech. We determined the ram and mobo were fine because the computer would post fine with my ram and some older pc2100 without the hdd pulgged in. He also told me that since I own and use a Maxtor maxline 3 drive, that there may be a problem with running it on an nforce mobo, which my a8n-sli is. I emailed maxtor for the software update on my drive, and am still waiting back, will post again to let everyone know if it resolves the problem.

Angelobr, I noticed that you have drives that are listed just as mine which have issues with an nforce4 chipset. Here's the link for everyone to check out, I hope this is the solution to everyones problem.

Maxtor Support Page

Thanks man, but Maxtor really $uck$ for me. This support post from them are not very clear, as I also had a DiamondMax Plus 9 and it doens't work at all, it's a complete mess with NForce4 chipset. I tried to contact Maxtor using e-mail but their support also $uck$ as they told me that I must call them by phone to solve the problem.

The problem with this's that I live in Brazil and I really doesn't think that is necessary for me to pay a giant phone bill because of US calls to Maxtor as they can solve my problem via e-mail.

So I find the best possible solution, i just sold my 2 Maxtor HDDs, and bought a brand new one from Western Digital. This one is working just fine with NForce4, no problems at all and very fast. So I need to remember to never more buy a Maxtor HDD again in my life

Old 02-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237448

Huh, I wonder if getting a new hdd before getting all new components would have solved the problem. I emailed maxtor and am still waiting to hear back from them...

Old 02-14-2006, 06:20 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237518

Quote:
Huh, I wonder if getting a new hdd before getting all new components would have solved the problem. I emailed maxtor and am still waiting to hear back from them...
For me those Maxtor HDDs was only part of the problem. But after I changed my PC gets much faster...

Old 02-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Kevlin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237581
Kevlin Reputation: 10

I have the Asus A8N-SLI Premium using Corsairs XMS 3200 2x1024 ram with a Enermax WhisperII 535 PSU.

I read somewhere that for all to work you must go into bios and under your memory settings change 2T/1T to 1T.

I have no idea what the 2T/1T thing is (my first time with this much info in bios) but on my first boot I successfully installed Windows XP Pro x64, NVIDIA Drivers and Utilities and never once have seen a glitch.

Someone splain the 2T/1T thing?

Also how do I tell if I am using Dual Channel or not?

Old 02-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 237584
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I doubt that you will be able to run at 1T command Rate with the CPU you have but you are welcome to try it.
And Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependant on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this setting up on www.rojakpot.com and get a better explanation.
You can run CPU-Z or Everest to see if you are in Dual channel or even www.memtest.org will show it as well.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlin
I have the Asus A8N-SLI Premium using Corsairs XMS 3200 2x1024 ram with a Enermax WhisperII 535 PSU.

I read somewhere that for all to work you must go into bios and under your memory settings change 2T/1T to 1T.

I have no idea what the 2T/1T thing is (my first time with this much info in bios) but on my first boot I successfully installed Windows XP Pro x64, NVIDIA Drivers and Utilities and never once have seen a glitch.

Someone splain the 2T/1T thing?

Also how do I tell if I am using Dual Channel or not?
I think 1T/2T is what you use when you have unbuffered or buffered ram. I believe you want it set to 2T as corsair ram is unbuffered. Dual channel on your board is either both blue slots, or both black slots, can't miss it.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:16 PM
leeghoofd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 237589
leeghoofd Reputation: 10

1T/2T I have no clue whether it has to be buffered or unbuffered ram but you can easily check via te post screen either way it will say Dual channel or 128bit or single channel or 64bit operation mode (if you have the logo press the TAB key to see what is goin on.) Indeed like claimed before if you use the ram in the according coloured slots you will go dual channel operation.

For the command rate you grab a tool like eg A64 tweaker ( http://files1.extremeoverclocking.co...r_V0.6beta.zip) and see in windows if 2T command is enabled ( so 2T) or disabled (AT) The latter is faster and is preferable if it's stable, if not go 2T mate. ( About 5% performance loss against 1T operation in the memory department)

Command Per Clock(CPC)

Settings: Auto, Enable(1T), Disable(2T)

Command Per Clock(CPC) is also called Command Rate. It may be best in some instances to Disable (2T) w/ 2x512 RAM modules. It has a large Influence on Bandwidth/Stability.

From Adrian Wong’s site: http://www.rojakpot.com/
“This BIOS feature allows you to select the delay between the assertion of the Chip Select signal till the time the memory controller starts sending commands to the memory bank. The lower the value, the sooner the memory controller can send commands out to the activated memory bank. When this feature is enabled, the memory controller will only insert a command delay of one clock cycle or 1T. When this feature is disabled, the memory controller will insert a command delay of two clock cycles or 2T. The Auto option allows the memory controller to use the memory module's SPD value for command delay. If the SDRAM command delay is too long, it can reduce performance by unnecessarily preventing the memory controller from issuing the commands sooner. However, if the SDRAM command delay is too short, the memory controller may not be able to translate the addresses in time and the "bad commands" that result will cause data loss and corruption. It is recommended that you try enabling SDRAM 1T Command for better memory performance. But if you face stability issues, disable this BIOS feature."

Large Influence on Bandwidth/Stability.

If you understand it PM me I just know 1T is faster than 2T lol