The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2018, 05:20 AM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969554
Piplos Reputation: 10
Unhappy Important features needed

Why is there no "pause iCUE" setting somewhere? It would be really useful a thing which immediately put all devices to a "default profile" and stops all the iCUE processes and services to 0% CPU. I absolutely need this feature when I need to use CPU-intensive applications or games and I need to kick-out unneeded processes, but iCUE keeps restarting and when I finally manage to kick everything out a crappy distracting rainbow effect appears.

Also, there is still no "default profile" feature which kicks in when the computer is starting or is in a locked state. I'm really tired of that rainbow animation when iCUE is not connected to the LNP. When is this feature coming? In the very first versions of iCUE I remember all the leds were used to simply shut down and I preferred this behavior to the rainbow.

PLEASE. I'M REALLY SICK OF THE RAINBOW EFFECT.

[EDIT 27 nov 2018] Corsair listened to us and it appears there will be hardware lighting in 3.10! Finally!!

I'm posting a quick list of users who also complained about the rainbow effect issue:
This can be called a bug or an usability problem, but this actually IS a serious issue and it can be seen that a lot of users are demanding for an appropriate fix.

Like I did, you can also try to help to solve the issue by opening a support ticket like this:

Quote:
LNP and Commander PRO default profile

To the attention of Corsair Support

I've bought these RGB products:
- 3x LL120 Fans with Lighting Node PRO
- RGB Pro Expansion Kit (four led strips)
- Vengeance RGB Ram

I'm using them with the official iCUE software from the Corsair site
However, I'm experiencing an issue which seriously compromises the overall experience with these products.

If I boot my PC or I lock it (with Win+L shortcut) or I boot any Operating System which doesn't have iCUE software installed, these devices are disconnected from iCUE and display a default too bright full rainbow effect. I really don't like this effect and I want to avoid it by putting some other RGB effect. There appear to be no way to set a default profile to show in these cases (unlike the keyboards or the mouses like Strafe and Scimitar). There is even no way to turn it off.

I've also illustrated the issue in the Corsair User Forum where I found many people having the same problem and complaining about it. There are many threads about that, and you can find an example in this link: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180506

I ask the Corsair Support to address this issue to the development department in order to appropriately fix this issue by giving the user the ability to set a default RGB profile for the abovementioned products.

Kind regards

Last edited by Piplos; 11-27-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:55 AM
Ich spreche kein Englisch
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969558
LeSnakk Reputation: 16

Just use instant lighting BLACK
Old 08-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969569

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSnakk View Post
Just use instant lighting BLACK
Wait, is this a joke? Are you kidding me, right? Did you even read my post?
Old 08-21-2018, 07:42 AM

POST ID # = 969564
TheBuz Reputation: 10

Quote:

Also, there is still no "default profile" feature which kicks in when the computer is starting or is in a locked state. I'm really tired of that rainbow animation when iCUE is not connected to the LNP. When is this feature coming? In the very first versions of iCUE I remember all the leds were used to simply shut down and I preferred this behavior to the rainbow.

Agreed! There's a 3 page thread about it

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=280
Old 08-21-2018, 11:08 AM

POST ID # = 969600
Asdfog Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplos View Post
Why is there no "pause iCUE" setting somewhere? It would be really useful a thing which immediately put all devices to a "default profile" and stops all the iCUE processes and services to 0% CPU. I absolutely need this feature when I need to use CPU-intensive applications or games and I need to kick-out unneeded processes, but iCUE keeps restarting and when I finally manage to kick everything out a crappy distracting rainbow effect appears.

I totally agree with this post, I praise for Corsair to listen to us
Old 08-21-2018, 03:02 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 969633
Inheritance Reputation: 41

If your going to do something CPU insensitive then exit iCUE. Software does not work the way you think it does. Its not a movie you cant just pause and un-pause. With that many devices there will always be an some CPU usage.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Last edited by Inheritance; 08-22-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:22 PM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
If your going to do something CPU insensitive then exit iCUE. Software does not work the way you think it does. Its not a movie you cant just pause and un-pause. With that many devices there will always be an some CPU usage.
I can't simply exit iCUE.
  1. Corsair Service still randomly uses CPU. (it's closed now and it's using between 0,5% and 1% of CPU, apparently for no reason. Trust me and check it by yourself, it's still using system resources for no reason)
  2. If I exit iCUE I get the retarded unicorn effect which annoys me (Also check this, please)
Old 08-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969760

Do you like the rainbow effect? Good, I'm really happy for you.

BUT I HATE IT
Old 10-18-2018, 10:12 AM
dwjp90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976928
dwjp90 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplos View Post
Do you like the rainbow effect? Good, I'm really happy for you.

BUT I HATE IT
I like it.

WHEN I USE MY RAINBOW PROFILE, but not when I lock my PC before I go to sleep
Old 08-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 969779
Greybeard Reputation: 14

I don't personally like the rainbow effect myself (it's a personal preference for the most part), but I love the fact iCUE has endless lighting effect customization.

To stop iCUE from using 0.5% of your CPU resources, quit iCUE then "end task" Corsair.Service under task manager.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:55 PM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I don't personally like the rainbow effect myself (it's a personal preference for the most part), but I love the fact iCUE has endless lighting effect customization.
This statement simply means nothing. So what do you think about the rainbow behavior when iCUE is not connected to the LNP? What are you going to do about this?

Quote:
To stop iCUE from using 0.5% of your CPU resources, quit iCUE then "end task" Corsair.Service under task manager.
Yeah, it's very easy: left click on iCUE icon, click on "Exit", open task manager, go to Processes, find Corsair.Service, then kill it. Pretty straightforward and easy to the user. And then enjoy the rainbow effect!!1!

Now seriously: are you people of Corsair going to do something about these two big issues?
Old 08-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 970033
Greybeard Reputation: 14

Actually, to a good amount of people, that statement make a lot of sense. Because like what I said, it's a personal preference. You may or may not like it. In my case, the rainbow doesn't really bother me.

Calling it an issue would be a stretch. Although it would be nice to have an option where you can toggle on/off for the default rainbow effect. It's been brought up in the past, but was never addressed since it was never considered an issue, and plus we rarely ran into any complaints on this particular subject.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:47 PM
Piplos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970056

Quote:
Calling it an issue would be a stretch. Although it would be nice to have an option where you can toggle on/off for the default rainbow effect. It's been brought up in the past, but was never addressed since it was never considered an issue, and plus we rarely ran into any complaints on this particular subject.
Really?

Just to let you know, here's a quick list of users who complained:

[EDIT] List moved to the first post of this thread

I can find other complains if you want, but I know you are aware of the search function of this forum. Call this a bug or an usability problem, but this actually IS a serious issue and you can actually see a lot of users demanding for an appropriate fix.

Last edited by Piplos; 08-27-2018 at 04:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:36 PM

POST ID # = 970052
JimmyRappit Reputation: 10

We should have an option for default lighting.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:20 PM
Napascj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970064
Napascj Reputation: 10

You can add me to that list. Nothing worse than turning on your sleek, custom built PC to a full rainbow effect. I agree the customisation is great but at the right time. I'd still like to select what appears during boot-up.