Corsair Community

Hey all, I have managed to get hold of a H100i V2 and was wondering if anyone had any information about the coolers parts. I would like to replace the tubing with clear tubing and include a very small reservoir. What kind of materials are used in this cooler and what fittings etc. might I need to accomplish this? Also what is the best fluid to use? I would like to try the Meyhems Aurora but not sure if it's right for this loop?

Any help would be appreciated and if there is a corsair employee with any info I would appreciate it and understand that no warranty comes with the information.

thanks guys

Ok there seems to be a lot of information out there regarding this kind of mod but nothing for this cooler specifically. What I have come to understand is that the radiator is probably made of aluminium and the water block is obviously copper. This seems to be a huge cause for concern for everyone in the water cooling community as it is suggested that this might cause corrosion. I imagine there must be some very powerful anti corrosives at play here to prevent that so my new plan is to simply replace the tubing. I did plan on adding a res too but I think I may have to reuse the fluid in this loop.

So my next question is, which tubing can I use? I would like to go with white soft tubing. Cheers all

I have had to refill an AIO before a couple of times with different coolers and you are right it is a bit of a pain but there is a technique to it to make it a little easier. I'm not too worried about filling etc, I just want to be sure I'm buying the right materials for the job. My 2 big concerns are finding the right diameter tubing and weather the tubing will be able to withstand the liquid that's currently in the cooler. I would prefer to replace the fluid and use clear tubing but again corrosion is a big concern.

EDIT: also was that video supposed to be 'Let's face the music'? He he

I have had to refill an AIO before a couple of times with different coolers and you are right it is a bit of a pain but there is a technique to it to make it a little easier. I'm not too worried about filling etc, I just want to be sure I'm buying the right materials for the job. My 2 big concerns are finding the right diameter tubing and weather the tubing will be able to withstand the liquid that's currently in the cooler. I would prefer to replace the fluid and use clear tubing but again corrosion is a big concern.

EDIT: also was that video supposed to be 'Let's face the music'? He he

yeah... there maybe trouble aaaaaaahead... lol....

and corrosion would certainly be my main concern too dude

Ha yes I see now. I have just been reading about galvanic corrosion, and it seems that this should be a problem with all in one coolers too. From what I have learned, having the two metals electrically isolated and using a corrosion inhibitor will reduce the effect of galvanic corrosion but it won't completely stop it. I have opened a corsair cooler in the past and there was a buildup of material on the coolers copper plate. I suppose my question is this, why are manufacturers using copper and aluminium in the same loop in the first place? I have been thinking a bit more about this and having a small case means I can't get a pump in there without it looking unsightly, i'm now toying with the idea of buying a copper rad to add to the loop meaning the only thing left is the pump/heatsinc, which is the bit I really like about this cooler.

EDIT: This could end up getting a bit expensive for what I will end up achieving

Ha yes I see now. I have just been reading about galvanic corrosion, and it seems that this should be a problem with all in one coolers too. From what I have learned, having the two metals electrically isolated and using a corrosion inhibitor will reduce the effect of galvanic corrosion but it won't completely stop it. I have opened a corsair cooler in the past and there was a buildup of material on the coolers copper plate. I suppose my question is this, why are manufacturers using copper and aluminium in the same loop in the first place? I have been thinking a bit more about this and having a small case means I can't get a pump in there without it looking unsightly, i'm now toying with the idea of buying a copper rad to add to the loop meaning the only thing left is the pump/heatsinc, which is the bit I really like about this cooler.

EDIT: This could end up getting a bit expensive for what I will end up achieving

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do..

only thing I would be wary of is what the Pump can handle as the system expands.

But I like your thinking.. some of us try to make the best of what we have to hand which imho is a dying art...... Works for me!

I wonder.....

2 corsair Aios.. Gpu/Cpu combo... on the same loop. maybe the combined pumps would allow the extra abuse of a res....

Yes I would think it probably would but to be honest the res I was thinking of using is the smallest I can find so I shouldn't think it would be a problem. Was thinking of the EK-RES X3 110 which is quite small. As for the rad I would just go for the exact same size the loop has now due to space restrictions.

Archived