Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 500D

14wntr

I have just three questions.

1. When is the 500D (in any form) going to be released?

2. What is the hold up on it?

3. If you cant tell us a specific date, could you tell which month at least?

Hi bud. .

1. Corsair never comment on unreleased products

2. Corsair never comment on unreleased products

3. Corsair never comment on unreleased products

Sorry dude... its just how it is....

I will never understand this line of corporate thinking...

Hi bud. .

1. Corsair never comment on unreleased products

2. Corsair never comment on unreleased products

3. Corsair never comment on unreleased products

Sorry dude... its just how it is....

I can understand the stance of not giving a specific date, but even kickstarters give an estimate and updates on products. I am not going to wait for the 500D SE months if a second case (not-Corsair) I might be just as happy with. My Brand loyality runs deep but it has limits... hahaa

I can understand the stance of not giving a specific date, but even kickstarters give an estimate and updates on products. I am not going to wait for the 500D SE months if a second case (not-Corsair) I might be just as happy with. My Brand loyality runs deep but it has limits... hahaa

Absolutely. No precise date is understandable, but at least please say "Yes we will make it" or "no it will not come into production".

Had the case with the 1000d, waited 9 months since CES2017, and Corsair still hasn't announced if they are gonna make it, that was before last week when my retailer said it will not come into production. Even that info didn't come from Corsair...

Honestly, I would just pass on this case. There's nothing really about it that makes it worth shelling out 150 bucks for as Phanteks and Fractal Design continuously blow Corsair away with their interior and chassis design and many of their best cases are cheaper or more than competitively priced for what you get.

Corsair just seems to keep recycling chassis and frames and all they do is tack on plastic, glass, or aluminum junk on the fascia, top, and sides without any thought towards improving anything on the interior or actual chassis / frame design.

I think it's insulting that this is an Obsidian case that basically re-uses the same Crystal 570X frame and has very little to no improvements on the component side and, again, little to no improvement on cable management side. The LOGO on the front is not even embossed or engraved, it's literally a sticker that had problems in the initial production run with PEELING off the aluminum. Yes this was fixed but wow, that is SO cheap.

It's weird to say but the Corsair 800D, at $179.99 original MSRP, was one of their best cases ever, with lots of grommets and very generous cable management options on the rear, and their clever use of plastic covers to hide things like the bottom drives and the cabling for the hot swap back plane, were all amazing. And at least their own damn logo was painted onto the aluminum front fascia. They should re-release it with some changes and add tempered glass and I think they would have a real winner. I know this kind of goes against my complaint of them recycling products, but at least in their current case line up, the 800D would be a HUGE improvement over this garbage they keep shoveling out.

Just vote with your money, and don't buy this recycled crap. Wait for Corsair to actually release a NEW product that can actually compete with the trends of newer manufacturers.

but at least please say "Yes we will make it" or "no it will not come into production".

It doesn't work like that, Any company with a possible new product needs to see if it will sell.. you can not assume it will. So you have to find out if there is enough interest. drip feed some info to the world.. see where it goes ;).. this thread is one of those possible sources of gauging interest ;)..

If enough people talk about it and ask for it Corsair would be silly not to make it.. simple marketing techniques at play!

But as this case is now out.. its the 500D SE that needs talked about ;) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I like the looks of the 500D but my real issue is the 4mm gaps on the side panels.

Even with 3 high quality 120mm front fans (NF-F12 PWM) it will be difficult to have positive case pressure let alone good front to back air flow since the air will flow to the path of least resistance.

I can overlook most of the other flaws with the design but those gaps are kind of a deal breaker.

• 2 months later...

Archived