Corsair Community

My latest issue with CUE

Hey there,

I am new to these forums my problem is as stated below, I copied this from the ticket I was going to put in with support. It seems however they don't have a category for the CUE software. If anyone here would possibly be able to help me I am sure a lot of y'all have more insight into this than I do. Thanks in advance.

I am unable to install the CUE software onto my computer. I just a few days ago had my HDD die. this was a secondary drive in my computer, (D:) which I used to hold software and digital media. When it stopped working I lost my older version of CUE. So when I downloaded the new software (2.20.72) I tried to install it onto another one of my backup SSD (G:) but I am unable to.

As I go thru the install process I hit the section where I choose the installation path, it still shows the install path for the now disconnected (D:) drive. I change it to the new path on (G:) and accept to continue. At this point it briefly begins the download but then gives me an error saying "The older version of CUE cannot be removed, contact tech support."

I have run a clean-up program after the removal of (D:) drive but there must be some hidden directory somewhere with leftover information that I do not know how to access.

Archived