Corsair Community

Portable macros?

MashoWocky

Hello all,

Recently bought a corsair scimitar. Feels great, love the looks.

So the reason I bought it is because my job consists of sending out a bunch of repetitive emails, copy and pasting IP addresses and subnets over and over again, and just typing a crap ton of repetitive stuff all around.

My plan was to map these pre-typed messages into each of the side buttons of the mouse.

Here's the issue I'm having though...

Security is a HUGE thing at my job. I can't install software on company laptops. And I'd rather not go and ask the higher ups if I can install gaming peripheral software on their company laptop. I can bring my own laptop and configure it on my own, but I'm not able to get those macros and typed messages saved on to the mouse. Is it not possible?

If not, does corsair have a keyboard or mouse that WILL let me carry over macros and what not, over to a different PC? I assumed since it had onboard memory, the mouse would be able to handle it. Unless I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Masho, unless you have hardware with onboard memory, you wont be able to do much outside of cue. the platinum edition k95? keyboard i think has onboard memory for six reasonably sized memory banks with various profiles savable, the regular k95 just lets you save basic lighting to it.

dont lose hope you might be able to find another solution, let's say you are configuring some vpn tunnels on client laptops for an IT firm? you dont have to give me or anyone else specifics but you need numbers to be available at the click of a button and its not like you are looking to bust out a pen and pad to figure out a mask for the fiftieth time or tell someone where something is again...maybe there is a better solution for you, but hardware memory is only available on specific devices...the scimitar only saves dpi and static lighting i think for 1 profile. Can you get away with running your own autohotkey macros or perhaps running your own website that generates your own string content that you can take from there with ease?

Archived