Corsair Community

CUE loses keyboard after lock/unlock of Windows 10

TheEngine

Hey all,

I'm having a reproducible problem where, on boot, all of my Corsair hardware is detected normally by CUE (K70 LUX RGB, M65 PRO RBG, VOID Wireless headset). However, when I lock Windows and then log back in, the keyboard is not shown in CUE. It works fine, just not detected by CUE and the profile settings are not applied. Restarting CUE does not affect the behavior, and I have to restart Windows 10 to get it to detect again.

Has anyone else seen something like this? The mouse is connected through the USB pass-through on the back of the keyboard, so I know there's communication happening because it is detected fine, but no clue why CUE is being dodgy.

Edit: If I unplug and reconnect the USB cable, it is redetected. That doesn't sound like a terribly good workaround, though.

I have worse problem but fixable in the same way. When i pull the power plug from computer and then plug it back in my K70 LUX isn't recognised at all and keyboard is in demo mode with lights randomly flashing. I can't use it in BIOS nor in Windows to log in even if I set it to BIOS mode or any number on Bios Switch on the back of the keyboard. Unplugging and replugging the USB 3.0 cable does the trick but it's not the best solution. Everything works fine when I shut down my computer but power strip is not turned off. But when I turn if off it breakes the keyboard.

I hope this is fixable by some firmware update. I have the newest motherboard bios and Windows 10 so this shouldn't be a problem from them.

I hope it's a common bug and not just with my keyboard cause I don't want to RMA it after 2 weeks of purchase and I already sold my old keyboard so I would end up with no keyboard.

I have a similar problem with a strafe RGB. From any boot as well as simply locking and unlocking Windows, switching profiles does not activate that profile's settings. I have to restart CUE to get the profiles working again. The keyboard is still detected though at all times, but I do see it reconnect after unlocking Windows. Maybe the reconnection doesn't occur properly.

I don't think giving CUE version helps in my case cause keyboard is not recognised and It's lightning settings are reset to demo mode before even loging to windows. But here it is: I'm using 2.20.72 but it also happened with 2.19.65 and before that 2.18.81 was the version i used when I bought my K70 LUX. Firmware version is and was 2.04.

• Corsair Employee

If you haven't already, try installing the USB drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's website to see if that corrects the issue. From what our developers told me, there are some known issues with the Fall Creator's update that affects USB ports. We're doing what we can on our end to find a workaround, but the true issue lies with Windows unfortunately.

Feel free to provide your PC build info so we can log it in on our end for testing as well.

PC build info from my profile:

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A

Processor: Intel 6700K @4.7GHz (watercooled with Corsair H80i v2)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400

Video Card: ASUS Geforce GTX 1080 STRIX

Hard Drive #1: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB

Hard Drive #2: SATA SSD 240GB

Hard Drive #3: WD HDD 1TB

Power Supply: Corsair AX860

Monitors: acer XB270HU / acer H243H

Operating System: Windows 10 Education 64bit (1709)

I agree that this was most likely caused by a recent Windows update as I had not updated CUE before this problem started occurring.

This problem is quite the nuisance when I'm gaming online and suddenly realize that my key remaps aren't active, forcing me to restart CUE mid-game. I hope this gets fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived