Corsair Community

very disappointed with corsair customer experience, worst ever!

MyPC8MyBrain

I see you Corsair you’re making so much noise that’s its impossible not too, Linus, Jayz2cent, TTL, you’re endorsing big names to help you push your brand,

The sad part is the efforts are only being put on social media PR while neglecting the essence of end user experience,

To say the least it is horrible to the point that I don’t care that you made a nice toy if this is the dynamics our relationship will operate under,

No one wants to pre pay for an item there no info about and once the embargo is lifted still acting with secrecy with customer who fronted you already!

Yes I pre ordered another unit the i160, accept an email notification that my payment was received nothing!

I called in just to get some generic call center personnel who offer that I should go open a ticket and wait for a rep to contact me,

After giving this kid a piece of my mind he finally realized he can and should do this for me which he did eventually,

So waiting 3 days now asked for a call back from a certified individual who can walk me through the new system as what is shown is not to my liking at all,

So waited not to be rude two days even though this process is being rude to begin with; when I spend 4 grand with you if I asked you will clan my car! (not that I will but you get the point!)

If it was you committing the same amount you worked hard for you’d expect the same respect back this command which we are not receiving as customers!

Corsair you failed your customer experience process BIG TIME!

Now as a concerned customer who is very technical; reading on nVidia site that the new RTX require a minimum (emphasis on minimum) 650w to operate safely is very concerning seeing the unit I ordered has only 600w PSU,

Lets talk another issue, the older model had a 240ml rad on the cpu side which is now cut by 100ml in the refresh model,

You don’t think we deserve some explanation on this m over? You paired the old 240ml with i7700 with 4 cores!

Now your mounting a smaller radiator configuration with twice the core count?

No one wants to buy a restricted unit, the old system was regular form factor gpu while the new unit are not carrying a normal form factor unit and cannot be accommodated with one in the future!

And the only way you could make the 600w PSU actually work the RTX line is by capping its power supply, so is that what you did Corsair?

This is what we are paying premium dollars for and this is why you keep a buffer from your paying customers while rubbing shoulders with big media names?

I haven’t even begun to talk about my experience with your high end memory BS which none work, 4 different sets of the same 32GB 4133 kit, 3 9900k CPU's and 2 motherboards later and your memory still cant be read at its rated speeds,

zero help form Corsair! stalling support tickets, shame on you!

All the while not a single real person bothered to respond accept the guys here on the forums but they cant do much to be honest,

I’m voicing here not as a complaint to the forums guys but management; if you think this will go long way your wrong!

These paid promoters do care about their end users and what they air on their channels; if I only contacted Linus or Jay or any of the promoters and share my experience as a customer I doubt they will keep endorsing Corsair if this is the experience we get as customers,

this attitude may work with kids; not with serious people who can actually afford to spend that kind of $$

it appears that ill be pulling my order; its not because the unit is bad as i never even got to interact with it, i dont want to think what will be the case if i got a lemon and had to have it replaced or something else down the road; you convey ZERO confidence to customers Corsair!

good luck

The first part of your post seems strange and a bit unreasonable. Corsair are providing you the computer for your money - they don't "have" to guide you through the system, and they don't owe you anything else (in regards to your clean your car comment) outside of just being professional, and any necessary technical help. The fact they are even playing ball with you is good - and 2-3 days of waiting in between is not uncommon at all, consider it a bonus they are getting someone certified to walk you through the system at all. That is above and beyond - not a standard offering. Most of the issues you have are unfounded and you can find out more about them/answers to them on the Corsair product page, their announcement videos and the youtube videos you say you have watched (eg Jay's mini teardown).

In regards to your concerns about the PSU - the GPU is full size per their PR appearances. Nvidia recommends a PSU size for their gfx cards for consumers. This is due to massive differences in processor, mb, peripheral power draws and more importantly the quality of PSU. Different PSUs will deliver their power with different efficiency ratings, so Nvidia's recommendations are about taking this into account.

As this is a pre-built, the power draw will be very finely tuned and the appropriate PSU identified and selected carefully to match the system - it's one of the benefits of prebuilts. Corsair's PSUs are generally considered some of the highest quality ones and will perform very well (GOLD 80+ / platinum etc) at good efficiencies. For comparison, NVIDIA recommends a 600W PSU for the 1080 TI - the previous Corsair One had a 500W PSU. It worked fine, even with a small bit of room for OCing. This is normal for prebuilts, especially high end / SFF ones. You describe yourself as very technical but this is a pretty basic understanding of how PSUs and power requirements work.

In regards to the smaller rad on the CPU size, this is part of a brand new cooling solution they have shown off. The smaller rad is, from the mini-teardown on youtube, presumably to help with the PSU fan placement which seemed to be a bit of an issue with the previous system, and to help pull in cool air from the sides for some active cooling as well. This is an educated assumption based on the mini teardown and comparing it to last year's model, though. I sort of agree with you here, I'd like to understand exactly why the rad size was shortened in height (but due to the new perforations lower down the case I think it is for airflow w/ PSU fan) as well.

Regardless, they have shown off benchmarks showing that the new models are cooler than the previous system so there is nothing to worry about.

In my experience, Corsair customer service is a lot better than the likes of Dell (bad), MSI (awful) or Razer. The direct line we have to people on the forums for escalation alone is quite rare - the communication here is (while not perfect obviously) a lot better than competitors. Corsair Customer Service scores poorly, but scores over double most of their competitors (in the UK).

So… to clarify; when was the last time you spent 4 grand on a pre ordered unit?

my comment in regards to the car was in a sarcastic tone; expressing the point of when someone spends this much money it should command the respect it deserves; that is if they have any respect for their own work,

You do consider that these are not only used for gaming application and some use these as real PC’s and need dependability,

I cannot trust a unit I know I have to wait a month if something goes wrong, not in these days I’m sorry,

These carry business and for some their ordinary livelihood, these are no longer a casual accessory!

I’m sorry you feel this is ok; here in the USA it’s not! (these are only offered in the US atm)

don’t encourage subpar customer service because you might need it too one day and find yourself on the other end of it!

the pace the world moves these days is fast; you don’t keep up you will be left behind,

Social media promotions are nice as long as you keep up your end of the bargain; part of it is called customer experience and service to follow after the initial experience!

Beside the case (and you saw people posting here already who just went and bought a generic unit with the same specs and I bet it cost them less too!)

I Promise you not a single executive at Corsair buying a new high end car would accept this type customer experience or follow up service!

i haven't seen any benchmarks nor information about the hardware included,

i don’t know where you are getting your information; it is not a form factor 2080ti!

nVidia calls for a minimum of 650w for the RTX line in general (650w is minimum)

and the older ONE units with 1080ti run a 600w PSU! (per nVidia's minimal requirement as well)

Have a looksee

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183339

i have many other concerns like what are my upgrade ability option there with the different size form factor gpu, limited power supply and clearly lower heat controls,

while the higher model is at the least getting bit closer to required specs for the hardware with 750w PSU and 160ml (vs 140 for the i9900k) on the cpu side which is still far from the 240ml the case had prior!

leaving customers hanging like this is uncool and doesn't really make me want to spend money with them in the future,

I’ve dealt with Dell close to 30 years by now; they are outstanding from my firsthand experience!

not to mentioned Dell has been in the computer building industry long before Corsair was even conceived and has a completely different reputation,

I understand it was sarcastic - but you are expecting lightning fast turn arounds with very specific demands. It's unreasonable to be upset about waiting 2-3 days for something they are going out of their way to provide you with. Be patient

No, the 1080 TI ONEs did not come with a 600W PSU. They came with a 500W PSU. You even stated this in your own post in the thread you linked. See below. Nvidia recommends 600W for 1080ti and many systems have less than that - with previous Corsair Ones 100W lower. 600W will be adequate for the 2080 ti as long as Corsair have done their design homework, which all signs point to.

the unit i ordered came with 1080Ti and 500w stock,

I am not encouraging bad Customer Service practice. You just haven't detailed anything they have done which is bad. What is your problem exactly? You are not buying a Lambo - you do not have a personal banker or personal assistant coming with your purchase. What have they done that is so bad?

Nvidia does NOT have a minimum power requirement for any RTX cards - or any card. They only have a system recommendation - they can't specify any particular minimum since systems vary so widely. The card itself takes 270-300W draw. The 600W PSU should be more than adequate for an RTX card with a tightly coupled pre-built design (depending on its other factors such as CPU choice). They are not going to ship with an inadequate PSU.

The ONEs are not only offered in the USA. They are available for pre-order in the UK too.

Dell does not have outstanding customer support. In fact, they currently have one of the worst rated customer support out of all of the brands I mentioned above. (1.6-1.7 out of 10 in the UK // 1 star on USA BBB). But that's beside the point - tech companies normally have pretty poor support records and I find Corsair's to be on the better end of that generally.

The temperature benchmarking was shown here: https://www.techpowerup.com/img/4mokAKumvoxSVTY5.jpg

It shows cooler temps - but it's from an official source. If you care that much and you don't trust Corsair at all, then either don't buy it or wait for third party benchmarks.

I agree that more detail about the upgradability this time around would be useful, but I doubt it will be any more upgradable.

that's a misprint or more to say a misleading info,

i was under the impression early on that the SF500 is a 500w PSU as in the ONE unit specs lists 500w as in the SF500 PSU suggested name,

the model is named SF500 while in reality is SF600 specs 1:1 and is a 600w psu unit confirmed!

IMG-6376.jpg IMG-6383.jpg

it may sound like I’m being unreasonable or impatient,

i placed my order a day before CES started, got my email confirmation saying someone will call shortly to confirm the order in person; i figured ill ask my questions than, no one called the next day they sent another email saying we confirmed your order it will be delivers in 4-5 weeks,

ok, i finally called their support the next day after being transferred 4 or 5 times i got to the ONE special support team and spoke to a person,

not to put him down as it’s not his fault; but he had no information to provide, not a clue, he never saw a unit before and was curious himself!

he then suggested i open a support ticket asking to speak to a person who has information (no idea who that would be; but let’s play along with the process); after some huff and puff he submitted a ticket request from the person he would be asking for information internally to contact me first and through my ticket he could learn too,

i request for this to be over the phone as i have no time nor patience to also be chasing chat responses that takes 48h to respond a yes or no to a question, which would clearly be followed by another and another as there is no info out there, that simply unacceptable,

so i wanted two more days for the person to call me; so what does he do,

send me a chat response; what would you like to know sir?

as if spending two hours with their support and waiting two days isn't enough; now it’s his turn to waste more of my time?

so if I’m being unreasonable so be it; I dealt with much worst :roll:

PR smoke screen aside we all need answers,

other than specifying AIDA64 and showing some heat graph they haven't said what they tested there, how long, cpu clocks, the ambient temps this was conducted under etc...

technically these results could be from any silly low end test that isn't reflecting real world load or time frames, completely shady!

comparing with their new temp graph comparison due to their "new" design, pumps and radiators, etc...

what should i make of these temps i am seeing with my custom ONE build running i9900k?

what should i expect from the new unit? still no clue!

IMG-6385.jpg

Here's a review of the 1080 ti unit about its power consumption to put you at ease: https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/systems/118523-corsair-one-elite/?page=7

The power draw was around 330 while gaming (as with any GPU though, it can spike for a few ms) - the 600W should be capable for the 2080 / ti systems. I don't think there will be a big headroom for OC but there shouldn't be any major concerns

It sounds like the SF500 is another "tinkered with" component - they seem to be basing many of the components in the ONE on their own consumer components and then tweaking them a bit - what's different about the SF500? It is a bit overkill for the previous models anyway (600w) so I wonder why they would change the name if it's exactly the same

I think you might be suffering from ordering a bit too early! Why not wait a week or so for some more of that information to come out? The guys on the forums here might be more able to reply and give more accurate info by that time as well.

I do agree that the info provided is a bit barebones compared to their previous release (which included details about upgradability etc) - one press article suggested that Corsair told them the i180 could be upgraded with an RTX Titan and 18c XE processor.. so that would suggest some major improvements in upgradability but I haven't read anything to that effect.

For example, I'm guessing it's still max 32gb RAM in the i140/60 - why still on z370 instead of z390? What is the motherboard model - same as in previous ONE? We know the i180 is the ASRock X299E-ITX/ac customised. This is partly why I'm holding off for third party benchmarking and teardowns :)

the board is a z370 Mortar from MSI,

it does seem there is some headroom for expandability on the cpu side extending the rad all the way to the bottom the way it was before,

from scavenging footage online i can roughly guess that the rad and pump setup from the gpu side can be also mounted on the cpu side as well,

clearly the current SF600 can be swapped with the SF750 later on (why not now?),

hopefully the GPU can somehow be swapped as well to the Titan instead of the 2080Ti.

but i suspect that require a special unit that can only be ordered from Corsair which is not cool!

the whole setup lining customers up for out the door immediate upgrades is uncool imh(impatient)o :(

I'd also like some more info, hence started asking questions *before* I buy. Got an answer to my nvme/mainboard question, waiting for some other answers and following questions from other people with interest (what about iCUE on Linux, or generally Linux support ).

Apparently there's a press/review embargo, which means I won't be ordering until that Embargo is lifted, what's the problem with that? Corsair makes me wait for info, I let corsair wait before I order. We all just have be be a bit patient.

it really doesn't take much to make me a happy customer,

1) have a real person pick up the phone and first talk to me...

2) id like the full size radiator on the CPU side upgraded before its shipped over,

3) id like my unit shipped with the 750W PSU unit from factory,

4) id like to have the Titan in there now, i dont need the 2080ti to begin with,

5) optionally if Corsair engineers are really out there...

these units should be offered with direct die mounted cpu's,

they can order these cpu from Intel without the IHS upfront and just do what the laptop industry been doing forever and what has been shown to boost temperature management anyway with the latest i9 cpu's;

direct mount the pump to the die already instead of dilly dally around! (did i mentioned you're already doing it on the GPU side anyway?)

i hope the new pump's have a zinc coated plate instead of the pure copper,

i am willing to entertain an extreme build (i can do it myself but prefer having Corsair do it, unfortunately i was told its not an option even though these are hand built!).

Archived