Corsair Community

H100 getting noisier.

uosdwiS lewoH

I've had a Corsair H100 for about 8 months now and I believe the pump is gradually getting noiser. I've checked every other source of noise in my case and I can categorically say that the noise is coming from the H100's pump. The noise in question is a whirring noise that, for lack of a less obvious description, sounds like a pump.

I have a few questions.

1. Seen as though it's under warranty, should I just RMA it?

2. I believe postage is paid by the e-tailer used, is the same true if I RMA direct to Corsair?

3. Will I receive an H100 as a replacement or a H100i (the question popped into my head after noticing that the e-retailer is selling the H100 for £17 more than the H100i)?

4. Will I be charged if the unit is found to be within tolerances and if so, how much?

And, lastly...

5. Would it be possible to arrange dispatch of a replacement before I post the defective unit so I won't have to do without my computer for a significant amount of time?

if you rma thru corsair you must call them for a advanced rma,where you receive the new one first.you pay postage sending old unit,corsair pays sending the new unit

you would receive the same model as turned in,there has been instances where the user pays the difference for an integrated unit

1) I would if it were my unit.

3)No, you would receive an H100 if thats what you send in.

4) No, they would just send you a new unit.

5) Yes, but you would need to call CS to arrange the advanced RMA because of CC security reasons.

posted by Wytnyt:

there has been instances where the user pays the difference for an integrated unit

HUH?

Quote:

posted by Wytnyt:

there has been instances where the user pays the difference for an integrated unit

HUH?

if he wants a different unit,ive seen instances on here where the customer pays the difference to a upgraded unit.

2. I believe postage is paid by the e-tailer used, is the same true if I RMA direct to Corsair?

your other questions were answered correctly except this one

you would be required to pay postage to send old unit back and corsair pays to send new unit to you.

your other questions were answered correctly except this one

you would be required to pay postage to send old unit back and corsair pays to send new unit to you.

To be perfectly honest I don't know what made me write that... perhaps it was stories in the back of my mind about the shop in question delivering larger items and picking up the defective item at the same time. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

I've contacted the retailer with further questions regarding the RMA as it appears that they no longer stock the H100... here's hoping I get lucky and get an H100i.

if they still have a h100,thats what you would receive a h100 but if not then it would be a h100I

if you would prefer a I series,theres no harm in calling corsair and ask to pay the difference.corsair really takes care of its customers

if they still have a h100,thats what you would receive a h100 but if not then it would be a h100I

if you would prefer a I series,theres no harm in calling corsair and ask to pay the difference.corsair really takes care of its customers

I think I'm gonna have to give that a go as the retailer said I may only be entitled to a partial refund... which seems a bit of BS to me.

Archived