Corsair Community

Vertical GPU for 500D, how do you do it?

Dajinn

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same question for the 500D SE.

Will the graphics card just hang in the bracket?

Normally something from the bottom holds it as well (like the mother board or a kit that is used in non-supported vertical cases).

In addition, will 200mm length cable be enough to connect the graphics card vertically?

I have Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 mother board.

I ordered the Corsair 500D SE case and waiting also to get the Gigabyte RTX 2080 graphics card.

This is the cable that I'm looking for: https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Gaming-Black-Extender-AC-053-CN1OTN-C1/dp/B06Y5YNGDJ/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PEP5P6PN9CZWG4QFGB5X

• 2 weeks later...
I kind of wondered about this as well on the 275R. I guess you're expected to just mount the GPU in the vertical PCI-E slots and let it hang with the cable connected to the bottom. I mocked up my EVGA GTX1060 6GB SSC into this position, but there was far too much sag without something holding it up underneath. If I were to do it, I'd drill and tap some holes into the PSU cover, and install some standoffs to mount the riser PCB and keep the GPU oriented properly. As-is, the GPU sags way too much and completely defeats the purpose of a vertical GPU - which is purely 100% aesthetics.

• 4 months later...
I kind of wondered about this as well on the 275R. I guess you're expected to just mount the GPU in the vertical PCI-E slots and let it hang with the cable connected to the bottom. I mocked up my EVGA GTX1060 6GB SSC into this position, but there was far too much sag without something holding it up underneath. If I were to do it, I'd drill and tap some holes into the PSU cover, and install some standoffs to mount the riser PCB and keep the GPU oriented properly. As-is, the GPU sags way too much and completely defeats the purpose of a vertical GPU - which is purely 100% aesthetics.

Just more of Corsair's half-assed attempts to rush sh!t out the door.

Archived