Corsair Community

Upgrading to W200.. Potential gotchas

Yanta

This is more me thinking out loud than seeking help for a specific problem. But I'd like to create a discussion about the Thermaltake W200 (and potentially) P200 case. The catalyst for this post was reading the CorsairLink 4.9.5.25 thread where several issues were discussed.

I am planning my 2018 case project. After about a month of searching I've pretty much settled on a Thermaltake W200. If I need it I will also purchase the P200.

The W200 is detailed here: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002894

The case comes disassembled and in black. I will be having it spray painted gloss white. The case will run two systems.

On one side, a Z370 I5-8600K system which is currently using a H100i but I will be replacing that with a H115i. This side has 4x 120mm side fans, a 140mm rear fan, a 140mm front fan and a 120mm bottom fan. I've used fans with airflow and air pressure specs that allow me to maintain a negative airflow (by about 20%). This PC is used mostly for connecting to my TV.

On the other side I will have my main PC which is an X299 I9-7900X delidded. @ 4.3ghz vCore=1.24v. It has a H115i up top, 4x 120mm side fans, a 120mm bottom fan, a 140mm rear fan and 4x120mm front fans.

This system has 1x4TB spinner, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and two three Optical drives. (The opticals are mounted on the left side which is why there are no front fans on that side. The Mobo has 3x NVMe M.2 drives on the MSI X299 XPower AC motherboard.

To control all this it looks like I need 4 commander pro's. Two for each system. Where I am going to mount them I haven't figured out yet. It's a shame they don't come with any mounting brackets or hardware.

PSU wise, left to right they are HX850i and HX1200i.

CorsairLink is still 32bit, so I'm only seeing half my cores on my I9-7900X. I hope they can catch up with the rest of the world and make a 64 Bit version.

Two Commander Pro's monitoring 7 fans on PC #1 and two monitoring 10 fans on the PC #2. Anyone think there might be any issues?

Any other issues any one can think of that might present themselves with CorsairLink?

• Corsair Employee
This is more me thinking out loud than seeking help for a specific problem. But I'd like to create a discussion about the Thermaltake W200 (and potentially) P200 case. The catalyst for this post was reading the CorsairLink 4.9.5.25 thread where several issues were discussed.

I am planning my 2018 case project. After about a month of searching I've pretty much settled on a Thermaltake W200. If I need it I will also purchase the P200.

The W200 is detailed here: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002894

The case comes disassembled and in black. I will be having it spray painted gloss white. The case will run two systems.

On one side, a Z370 I5-8600K system which is currently using a H100i but I will be replacing that with a H115i. This side has 4x 120mm side fans, a 140mm rear fan, a 140mm front fan and a 120mm bottom fan. I've used fans with airflow and air pressure specs that allow me to maintain a negative airflow (by about 20%). This PC is used mostly for connecting to my TV.

On the other side I will have my main PC which is an X299 I9-7900X delidded. @ 4.3ghz vCore=1.24v. It has a H115i up top, 4x 120mm side fans, a 120mm bottom fan, a 140mm rear fan and 4x120mm front fans.

This system has 1x4TB spinner, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and two three Optical drives. (The opticals are mounted on the left side which is why there are no front fans on that side. The Mobo has 3x NVMe M.2 drives on the MSI X299 XPower AC motherboard.

To control all this it looks like I need 4 commander pro's. Two for each system. Where I am going to mount them I haven't figured out yet. It's a shame they don't come with any mounting brackets or hardware.

PSU wise, left to right they are HX850i and HX1200i.

CorsairLink is still 32bit, so I'm only seeing half my cores on my I9-7900X. I hope they can catch up with the rest of the world and make a 64 Bit version.

Two Commander Pro's monitoring 7 fans on PC #1 and two monitoring 10 fans on the PC #2. Anyone think there might be any issues?

Any other issues any one can think of that might present themselves with CorsairLink?

You can daisy chain multiple Commander PROs to control/monitor more than 6 fans in CL4 (they appear as separate Commander PRO tiles).

Commander PRO includes double-sided adhesive for flexible mounting anywhere in your case (you can even stack Commander PROs if you want).

I don't think you need that many Commander Pros. For the first system, 1 will definitely suffice; 2 fans will be on splitters.

For the second ... it's iffy. Are you counting the fans that go with the coolers? Those can connect directly to the cooler rather than requiring a Commander Pro. Ten fans, though, even with splitters ... I do think that'd be pushing it.

From a current perspective, it's 1.0A per port with a limit of 4.5A overall. However, I wouldn't recommend putting more than two fans on a single port; some folks have reported problems with 3 fans on a port and, honestly, that is pushing it; typically you'd be looking at 0.75 - 0.9A or more 3 fans.

Archived