Corsair Community

HX650 Squeeling

cx3

Ya, I need to RMA it definitely. The problem right now is, I'm currently preparing for a tournament and I can't really go any day(s) without having a computer - especially in the next couple weeks. Is there anyway I can get a replacement to put in before I send it back? I know it's a long shot :/. It was bought through Newegg.

• Corsair Employee
Yes we can please request the RMA and post the Case number and I will ask our customer service to arrange an advanced RMA for you, but they will ask for a credit card to get the PSU before you send your PSU back in, is that Okay with you?

"Cons: The HX650 makes a chirping sound when the psu fan speed changes, and after running a short time the fan speed on my system changed constantly. The first HX650 was noisy - sounded like a bad fan bearing. The second HX650 sounded like a hamster wheel. Loudest component in my system."

That's someone who also has the same problem as me. Is this a problem with all the HX650's or a certain batch?

Okay, got it! My case # is 5137039

My main concern is that people have had this PSU come squeeling, send it back, and get another one that squeels. I'm hoping it was just a bad batch so I don't have to go through this multiple times.

• Corsair Employee
I am sure you wont have a problem with the replacement, and I have sent our customer service a message to contact you but you can go ahead and send the unit to us unless you have had it less than thirty days then I would contact them by phone to arrange shipping.

I bought 2 of the same PSU and have the same problem with both. I bought them a week ago and already tired of this sound. Should the store to exchange them immediately or money back or I'll have to wait until they send it to the examination in the Corsair service? I have often had to deal with servicing in this store and usually have to wait about a month while to me money back or exchanged for a new one. PSU I need right now, I can not wait so long. And one more question. Shop provides a 1 year warranty as well Corsair 7 years. If anything should happen through after 1 year, what should I do?

I'm from Russia, Moscow. Sorry for my English.

• Corsair Employee

Please start your own thread and post your case number, if you do not have one please use the link on the left and request an RMA and post the case number.

And if you want to ask the reseller to help to get them replaced that is up to you. But if they will not or cannot help you then please try the above listed steps and we will be more than happy to help..

Archived