The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2019, 07:24 PM
HooDoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004934
HooDoo Reputation: 10
Default H100i V2 issues

I have been experiencing slow temp rise over months from 26 degrees when first installed to 40 degrees plus as of this writing. At first I figured it was that old culprit dust clogging the radiator. I pulled unit thoroughly blew it out and cleaned all fans. No change.
All fan speeds and pump speed seem within specs. Though when I feel the hoses, one is cold the other is fairly warm bordering hot.
I have also noticed if I tap on the sides(ends) of the radiator I can get a range of 3 to 10 degree temp drops immediately. Pretty sure this isn't normal.
Just wanted to check in on the forums to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:38 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004935
DevBiker Reputation: 83

That sounds like a partial blockage is forming or has formed, especially the tap that reduces temperatures.
Make sure that you have it powered correctly (see section B of the cooler FAQ in my sig) and, if so, contact support.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:19 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004946
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooDoo View Post
Though when I feel the hoses, one is cold the other is fairly warm bordering hot.

I have also noticed if I tap on the sides(ends) of the radiator I can get a range of 3 to 10 degree temp drops immediately.
Contact Corsair directly through the Support Ticket system. Make sure you get those two pieces of information in the description. You will also need to upload a copy of the purchase invoice to establish the warranty start date.

Do you hear any odd sound from the pump? Ironically, silent (or faint hum) is bad and is probably a blockage. Air bubbles would be a steady stream of static like clicks and pops, but it is usually treatable. The prior condition is not.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 PM
HooDoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004957
HooDoo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post

Do you hear any odd sound from the pump? Ironically, silent (or faint hum) is bad and is probably a blockage. Air bubbles would be a steady stream of static like clicks and pops, but it is usually treatable. The prior condition is not.
Nothing out of the ordinary or different.
As for contacting support, it wouldn't do any good. The warranty is long gone on it.
Sounds like I have reached (or fixing to reach) EoL on the unit. Time for a replacement I think.

Thanks all for the replies.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:16 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004963
DevBiker Reputation: 83

You know that the warranty is 5 years, right?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.