The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2019, 01:19 PM

POST ID # = 1005261
maniek123 Reputation: 10

does anybody know if the k70 MK2 SE have less ping ?

Old 05-21-2019, 04:45 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005282
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniek123 View Post
Mine has more than any of my others, however as you should realize now, this is an element of manufacturing and basic material composition. Another SE may be quieter or louder. The SE has the same aluminum frame and it is not the ABS or PBT keys that cause the ping.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:29 PM

POST ID # = 1005287

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Mine has more than any of my others, however as you should realize now, this is an element of manufacturing and basic material composition. Another SE may be quieter or louder. The SE has the same aluminum frame and it is not the ABS or PBT keys that cause the ping.
thank you sir....have a great week.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:40 PM
CS:GO Addict
gtstarwars's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005316
gtstarwars Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeGeek View Post
There's not much that anyone can do other than tell you to get a refund or RMA the keyboard and wait for the replacement.

The metal ping is perfectly normal for a metal keyboard, I assume this is your first mech keyboard, as most have a metal backplate that, in most cases, will cause ping, just various amounts of it. This could be annoying and undesirable to previous rubber dome users.

For example, I bought a family member a K95 Platinum a few years ago that I won't name for privacy reasons, and another for myself a few weeks ago. Both have 'ping', but mine is a bit less audible compared to the other. This is probably because a different revision as there are some differences between the 2017 K95P and the 2019 K95P, at least in my experience.

A Strafe RGB that another family member owns also exhibits signs of the metal 'ping', but again a bit less than the Platinum keyboards seem to have.

I should also stress, if you are not hitting the keys hard, and cannot hear the ping when typing normally (not hitting the keys with the force of a black hole) than its fine. if you can hear quite a lot, even under normal use, with headphones on etc, than it's worth considering going through the RMA process. Corsair's RMA team have been reliable and helpful in my experience and should be of same assistance to you.
so true. some keyboards certain keys have some spring issues. i have taken keys off and replaced with the provided key replacer and sometimes that fixes it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:41 PM
gtstarwars's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005317

Quote:
i have the k70 rgb mk2 SE rn as I am typing this post and i havent noticed any ping unless you count one small spring sound on a numpad key in which i fixed by removing key and placing it back on and never heard it again

Old 05-21-2019, 11:47 PM

POST ID # = 1005318

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstarwars View Post
i have the k70 rgb mk2 SE rn as I am typing this post and i havent noticed any ping unless you count one small spring sound on a numpad key in which i fixed by removing key and placing it back on and never heard it again
See guys and this is what kills me, how to he hell does a company like corsair and razer that charge an arm and a leg for their product, it's not cheap by any means pull off garbage like this .....

Once again I am reaching out to corsair - I use my keyboard for purposes, that's my daily bread, this is the only keyboard that i have and i'm not going to go out and purchase a keyboard for 20 dollars in the interim that i will throw into trash. Please advise if you can send me a QC tested keyboard from your RMA center that has no ping , and has sturdy prop up feet. I really want to stay with the corsair brand, i have corsair fans cases, harpoon mouse, and working with no issues but disappointed in this keyboard.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:41 AM
gtstarwars's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005356

Quote:
See guys and this is what kills me, how to he hell does a company like corsair and razer that charge an arm and a leg for their product, it's not cheap by any means pull off garbage like this .....

Once again I am reaching out to corsair - I use my keyboard for purposes, that's my daily bread, this is the only keyboard that i have and i'm not going to go out and purchase a keyboard for 20 dollars in the interim that i will throw into trash. Please advise if you can send me a QC tested keyboard from your RMA center that has no ping , and has sturdy prop up feet. I really want to stay with the corsair brand, i have corsair fans cases, harpoon mouse, and working with no issues but disappointed in this keyboard.
Just do an advanced RMA if you want them to send it, or try to fix the problem on your end if possible. sometimes its just a jammed spring that couldve gotten like that in packaging/transit etc.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:24 AM

POST ID # = 1005362
StrangeGeek Reputation: 10

Quote:

May I ask, how is this your only keyboard? Do you not have another lying around somewhere?

If the issue is bothering you that much, just return in to best buy in exchange for the same model or a different one. Don't quote me on this as I have no idea if best buy has a policy similar to this or not since I do not reside in North America.

I do agree with what gstarwars said:
Quote:
Just do an advanced RMA if you want them to send it, or try to fix the problem on your end if possible. sometimes its just a jammed spring that couldve gotten like that in packaging/transit etc.
Although I would not attempt to 'fix' the keyboard by opening it up and voiding the 2 year warranty.

I would not be inclined to believe this is of Corsair's fault, necessarily. Metal does ping when it is struck. This is a physical property of metals, and even though you might be able do dampen it by a significant margin, you will never bypass this fully.

Additionally, how bad is the ping? Could you compose a quick video showing how loud it is and what keys are affected, if not all?

Old 05-22-2019, 10:23 AM

POST ID # = 1005365

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeGeek View Post
May I ask, how is this your only keyboard? Do you not have another lying around somewhere?

If the issue is bothering you that much, just return in to best buy in exchange for the same model or a different one. Don't quote me on this as I have no idea if best buy has a policy similar to this or not since I do not reside in North America.

I do agree with what gstarwars said:

Although I would not attempt to 'fix' the keyboard by opening it up and voiding the 2 year warranty.

I would not be inclined to believe this is of Corsair's fault, necessarily. Metal does ping when it is struck. This is a physical property of metals, and even though you might be able do dampen it by a significant margin, you will never bypass this fully.

Additionally, how bad is the ping? Could you compose a quick video showing how loud it is and what keys are affected, if not all?
I don't have a stock pile of keyboards laying around lol..... the keyboard this replaced went to the other side . I will reach out to corsair .

Old 05-22-2019, 05:28 PM
gtstarwars's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005407

for the keys affected have you tried taking the keys off and putting it back on again? there should be a included keycap puller and spare moba/fps key that shipped with keyboard. Advanced RMA (for them to send product first) will require a deposit that they will refund upon receiving the defective merchandise. Standard RMA will leave you without a kb till you get a new one. If you are able to make a video it might be a bigger help to diagnose as well.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:41 PM
Ektelion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005423
Ektelion Reputation: 10

Quote:
for the keys affected have you tried taking the keys off and putting it back on again? there should be a included keycap puller and spare moba/fps key that shipped with keyboard. Advanced RMA (for them to send product first) will require a deposit that they will refund upon receiving the defective merchandise. Standard RMA will leave you without a kb till you get a new one. If you are able to make a video it might be a bigger help to diagnose as well.
The problem is not from the Keycap, its laughable if you think it is.

30% of my swithces do this sound too, i decided to live with it and enjoy life but honestly if you want my humble opinion, something costing this much shouldn't behave like that.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:02 PM
gtstarwars's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektelion View Post
The problem is not from the Keycap, its laughable if you think it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udgVebGIpQA

30% of my swithces do this sound too, i decided to live with it and enjoy life but honestly if you want my humble opinion, something costing this much shouldn't behave like that.

the remove and replace option is only if a key wasnt aligned on the switch right which caused the switch to not depress in straight, rather go in on an angle lol. in your vid you are also pushing the key on the bottom harder than the one on the top as well

Old 05-23-2019, 09:49 AM
Ektelion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005463
Ektelion Reputation: 10

Quote:
the remove and replace option is only if a key wasnt aligned on the switch right which caused the switch to not depress in straight, rather go in on an angle lol. in your vid you are also pushing the key on the bottom harder than the one on the top as well
I did it so you could actually hear the sound on the video, it's only noticeable when typing fast with no headphones on.
You can hear the cling cling all the time.
Not all of the switches do it as I found it odd since they're all housing on the same metal plate.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:48 AM

POST ID # = 1007436

See no reaction from corsair. Both of the feet broke off even though i don't pound on the keyboard. Great job corsair for great stellar customer service, and whenever I have called you about your noisy keyboard from the metallic ping you gave me a run around. Razer here I come. I just tried the razer huntsman , while not a looker , it certainly has a better feel to it.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007468
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

Quote:
See no reaction from corsair. Both of the feet broke off even though i don't pound on the keyboard. Great job corsair for great stellar customer service, and whenever I have called you about your noisy keyboard from the metallic ping you gave me a run around. Razer here I come. I just tried the razer huntsman , while not a looker , it certainly has a better feel to it.
Bon Appetit with your Razer. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.