The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2017, 12:09 AM

POST ID # = 921548
rpesta Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
So for end users that are having difficulty with new versions of Link we do keep older ones up on the download page now.

That said, if there are multiple users having this issue I need information (PC specs at a minimum) so that I can file a bug and try to reproduce it internally.
Dustin, if you'd like to PM me, I can shoot you over my email and we can start an email chain directly.

My hardware:
Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build: 15063.608 (New Install)
AMD Ryzen 1700x
ASUS Strix X370-F
Corsair H110i GTX
Corsair RM750i
Corsair LINK build 4.9.0.57
Corsair Commander Pro firmware 0.3.153

My Commander Pro is visible and addressable from LINK but nothing plugged into the USB headers of the Commander Pro shows up. Nothing even listed in Device Manager at all.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921610
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I appreciate the offer but prefer to keep things live on the forums in case anyone else comes through with similar troubles.

For you, it sounds like the USB headers on your Commander Pro might be bad and you may need a replacement. Have you tried plugging anything else into them?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:58 AM

POST ID # = 921682

Quote:
I appreciate the offer but prefer to keep things live on the forums in case anyone else comes through with similar troubles.

For you, it sounds like the USB headers on your Commander Pro might be bad and you may need a replacement. Have you tried plugging anything else into them?
Don't have anything else to plug into them besides the Corsair stuff. Support ended up RMA'ing the item so going to get a replacement and test it out.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 922122

I really, really hope that works out for you. If it doesn't, please be sure to let us know. I've seen the odd issue relating to the Commander PRO's hub here and there; it works great in my desktop at home (AX760i connected to it) but I have a testbed with prototype hardware at work that doesn't see anything.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:42 PM

POST ID # = 922477

Quote:
I really, really hope that works out for you. If it doesn't, please be sure to let us know. I've seen the odd issue relating to the Commander PRO's hub here and there; it works great in my desktop at home (AX760i connected to it) but I have a testbed with prototype hardware at work that doesn't see anything.
Received my replacement in today and can confirm same exact issue. Plugging in my RM750i directly into USB header on motherboard, shows up in Device Manger and in LINK. Connecting RM750i to headers on Commander Pro does not show in Device Manger and does not show in LINK.

So either I received another faulty unit or there's another underlying issue in the firmware itself. I'll relay information back into my support ticket as well.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:51 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922481
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpesta View Post
Received my replacement in today and can confirm same exact issue. Plugging in my RM750i directly into USB header on motherboard, shows up in Device Manger and in LINK. Connecting RM750i to headers on Commander Pro does not show in Device Manger and does not show in LINK.

So either I received another faulty unit or there's another underlying issue in the firmware itself. I'll relay information back into my support ticket as well.
Seems like Corsair's go to responses to any problem that is not simply rectified is to try rebooting, reinstalling, or exchanging. Your problems are software / firmware based and having you do RMAs is a waste of everyone's time. I see this happen over and over again. Pretty sure I have seen posts from others with your exact problem. Check the Power Supplies section.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 922728

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
Seems like Corsair's go to responses to any problem that is not simply rectified is to try rebooting, reinstalling, or exchanging. Your problems are software / firmware based and having you do RMAs is a waste of everyone's time. I see this happen over and over again. Pretty sure I have seen posts from others with your exact problem. Check the Power Supplies section.
That's hardly fair. I spend a lot of time on these forums trying to actually help end users. The fact is, though, 90% of the time, "reboot/reinstall/exchange" is actually the solution.

Now, with that being said, we've identified the issue that rpesta is having. It's unique to AMD systems. AMD's chipsets are subcontracted out to ASMedia, and they're having issues with daisy-chaining USB the way Commander PRO does.

So we've identified it, and we're working on a solution.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:13 AM

POST ID # = 922922

Quote:
Fantastic. Glad y'all have isolated the issue and are working on a fix.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:57 PM
tinsuke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 926956
tinsuke Reputation: 10

Quote:
Now, with that being said, we've identified the issue that rpesta is having. It's unique to AMD systems. AMD's chipsets are subcontracted out to ASMedia, and they're having issues with daisy-chaining USB the way Commander PRO does.

Hey Corsair Dustin, have you guys figured out a solution for this problem already?

It does not only affect AMD systems, I have an ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1, that also uses ASMedia for SATA and USB 2/3 connectors.

Today, I was happily updating my rig with a Commander Pro and 6 ML120 Fans, just to figure out that now (since my MoBo has 2 internal USB 2 headers) I have to leave my AX1200i disconnected, as I chose to keep the Commander Pro and my old n' loyal H100i connected (oh yeah, I used to be able to connect the PSU via the CL Digital port in the H100i but that doesn't work anymore either).

IMG_20171119_183456.jpg

Old 11-19-2017, 05:24 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 926968
DevBiker Reputation: 83

One stop-gap would be to take a standard mini-USB cable and run it outside the case to plug into a USB port on the back of the system. It's a little Frankenstein and not what we should have to do but, honestly, the problem may be with the AsMedia hub also (not saying it is, just a possibility). If that's the case, Corsair won't be able to do much about it. I and others have also used NZXT's internal USB hub. I can confirm that using that with a Commander Pro that has a Lighting Node Pro and a H100iV2 connected does work.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:11 AM

POST ID # = 927028

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
One stop-gap would be to take a standard mini-USB cable and run it outside the case to plug into a USB port on the back of the system. It's a little Frankenstein and not what we should have to do but, honestly, the problem may be with the AsMedia hub also (not saying it is, just a possibility). If that's the case, Corsair won't be able to do much about it. I and others have also used NZXT's internal USB hub. I can confirm that using that with a Commander Pro that has a Lighting Node Pro and a H100iV2 connected does work.
I suppose if I would have known there was an incompatibility, I wouldn't have purchased this $70 item that I now cannot return, which was suppose to work out of the box with all my other Corsair stuff. Purchasing a $10-15 workaround solution isn't the "right" solution here.

I'll trust in Corsair Dustin that they are working on resolving the issue.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 927245

We've had to prioritize other fixes (see the release notes on 4.9.2), but this is on our radar as something that needs to be resolved. I'm on a Ryzen 7 1800X system myself, I'd like to see this issue fixed. ;)

Old 02-25-2018, 07:13 AM
tinsuke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942157
tinsuke Reputation: 10
Sad LINK stability issues on systems with AMD hardware have been mitigated?

Quote:
We've had to prioritize other fixes (see the release notes on 4.9.2), but this is on our radar as something that needs to be resolved. I'm on a Ryzen 7 1800X system myself, I'd like to see this issue fixed. ;)
On the sticky thread for Link v4.9.4.28, we can read:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Known Issues:
  • Users connecting Lighting Node PRO or AXi USB dongle to Commander PRO USB hub may experience detection issues if Commander PRO is connected to an AMD chipset or ASMedia USB controller. (Fix ongoing.)
Which is the issue we are experimenting here on this thread, right?

But then, v4.9.5.25 came out, and on its sticky thread we don't see that as fixed or a know issue anymore, has Corsair given up on it?

Or is it this fix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Bug Fixes:
  • Updating Lighting Node PRO when daisy-chained to Commander PRO on AMD X399 no longer results in failure.
If this is the issue, the fix is not working for me, I've tried uninstalling LINK and the Driver Package, restarting and reinstalling LINK, it does not work, I still don't see my AX1200i that is connected to the Commander PRO's USB port.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:31 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942164
DevBiker Reputation: 83

It's not fixed yet.

It is still on the radar.

Also, we've learned that it apparently doesn't just affect the Commander Pro's USB hub, but at least one other internal USB hub has issues with the AsMedia chipset.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:50 AM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945618
Muadweeb Reputation: 10

Is there any kind of an update on this issue? My Ryzen system is constantly showing a strange "Unknown USB Device" with a driver error in the control panel. ive traced this down to the USB hub portion of the commander pro, after many hours of troubleshooting. Not only that, but with my Commander pro hooked up, it randomly hangs the boot sequence with a GPU debugging LED lit. This is pretty unacceptable, considering that this has been an issue (from what I can tell) for at the very minimum 5 months. I need to know if I should hold out for the fix, or return both the lighting expansion kit and the commander pro since they are incompatible with my system.