The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922123
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

We have an upcoming version that has this fix implemented, currently pending internal validation.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Aratahu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922158
Aratahu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
Anyone running into this issue can try rolling back to a previous version of CL4. Here's a handy link for 4.7 to try: http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...-v4.7.0.77.zip

Please let us know if that resolves the issue for you while we figure this out.

Edit:
Adding a download link for 4.8.3.8 as well.
http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...r-v4.8.3.8.zip
I have the h115i. Not sure what driver I was on but about two hours ago the fan speed started running at full blast yet the whole case was heating up; couldn't see it in the Corsair Link software.

After trying a few things I finally found this thread and can confirm that 4.7 passes signing again. This lets me run fans @ lowest, pump at highest and case is back to being cool.

Thanks for the info; please let us know when it's safe to accept a new version again. As a C# developer (fortunately not of Windows drivers) I get that there must be a lot of intricacies around it. Cheers.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:01 AM

POST ID # = 922806
DigitalEngine Reputation: 10

Hello all, new here, but thought I'd chime in with what worked for me.
After doing the latest Corsair Link update (4.9.0.57) I had the Corsair USBXp Driver unsigned error fault also.
So I uninstalled the device and it's software using device manager check box,
and then uninstalled Corsair Link, (checked the all configuration files check box), using the (4.9.0.57) installer.
Then reinstalled Version (4.3.0.154) which fortunately I still had in my downloads folder. This installed a different driver (which seemed to be a newer driver than the latest update), which worked. Then I was able to update Corsair Link using it's built-in updater. Not using the newest downloaded version (4.9.0.57).
So, has an older driver been inadvertently attached to the latest Corsair Link version?

Old 10-10-2017, 01:15 AM

POST ID # = 922807
DigitalEngine Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
Anyone running into this issue can try rolling back to a previous version of CL4. Here's a handy link for 4.7 to try: http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...-v4.7.0.77.zip

Please let us know if that resolves the issue for you while we figure this out.

Edit:
Adding a download link for 4.8.3.8 as well.
http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...r-v4.8.3.8.zip
Oops ,
just seen this also,
uninstalled drivers and hardware again as above.
Installed Corsair Link version 4.8.3.8, and it seems to work.
Thanks!

Old 10-12-2017, 02:35 AM
Catalonia's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923019
Catalonia Reputation: 10

How about Corsair Link 4.9.0.57? Installing this version does install the latest drivers too? Or I have to manually update them?

Thank you

Old 10-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 923067

4.9.0.57 still has the driver bug. It's my understanding it results from using any recent Windows 10 build with Secure Boot enabled in BIOS.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:45 PM
MalakaGuy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923181
MalakaGuy Reputation: 10

Thats why my H80i V2 is not detected in the CORSAIR LINK Software.
And thats why the options in profile not work like quite or performance.
Even the fans can not be controlled.

Have too this signature problem,hope it gets fixed so i can use my H80i to the fullest.

Last edited by MalakaGuy; 10-13-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:02 AM

POST ID # = 923390
rangka_kacang Reputation: 10
Angry

Really, still no fix after 14 days since pending internal validation date? No wonder some people are willing to pay more for premium support quality not just because of their technical specs. This is just bad, it shows how customer's feedback is taken care of by the company.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 923488

This is not an easy fix. Microsoft changed how driver signatures work, and the problem only surfaced intermittently in our labs. For example, I have a brand new Z370 test bench in my lab that's had zero problems with driver installation.

We need to be able to identify the issue, reproduce it, develop a fix, then validate that fix. These things all take time. Then we need that rolled into a new version of Link. There are processes we have to go through.

We care about this problem a lot because it's affecting a substantial number of users. But we're not going to roll out some half-baked solution. Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:52 PM
GeoffLad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923510
GeoffLad Reputation: 10
Default Well said

Well said, and I agree. However may I (and probably many others) request that the offending files be taken down from your website-Please.

Last edited by GeoffLad; 10-16-2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Grammar-thanks

Old 10-17-2017, 08:48 AM
OldManDan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923553
OldManDan Reputation: 10

I just bought the H100V2 and it does not work on my new build either. I submitted a ticket but I am not hopeful with what I am seeing. I wish I had known this problem existed before buying. This will be my last Corsair product I purchase.I wonder if I can use this POS without the bloatware they supplied. Hmmmm.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 923591

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffLad View Post
Well said, and I agree. However may I (and probably many others) request that the offending files be taken down from your website-Please.
The new software is unfortunately necessary for the new LL fans to run and workarounds do exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManDan View Post
I just bought the H100V2 and it does not work on my new build either. I submitted a ticket but I am not hopeful with what I am seeing. I wish I had known this problem existed before buying. This will be my last Corsair product I purchase.I wonder if I can use this POS without the bloatware they supplied. Hmmmm.
The H100i V2 can absolutely be used without the Link software. If you DO want to try the Link software, I recommend using version 4.7.0.77. You can also load the Link software, change the pump and fan modes, and then uninstall the Link software, and those settings will be saved in your H100i V2.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:18 PM

POST ID # = 923730
echosky Reputation: 10

Any update on when support for Z370 will be released?

Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 AM

POST ID # = 923773
BobT36 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
We have an upcoming version that has this fix implemented, currently pending internal validation.
Hi mate. Any idea when this will be released?

I've just bought and installed an H80iv2, tried installing 4.0.9.57 and ran into the error in the attachment, and hence found this thread.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, fully updated with Windows Updates etc.
I do however have an ASUS Geforce 980ti with ASUS GPUTweak2 installed, unsure if that makes any difference, but saw you asking about their tools.

Just don't want to **** about installing an older version, if a fix is about to be sent out the door that's all. If it's weeks away though then I'll have to.
Attached Images
File Type: png Driver.png (31.1 KB, 187 views)

Old 10-19-2017, 08:57 AM
MalakaGuy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923826
MalakaGuy Reputation: 10

I installed the older version. Now everything runs well with my h80i v2! I can set things how i want now.