The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 08:09 PM
iGumball's PC Specs

POST ID # = 866601
iGumball Reputation: 10
Default [Resolved] CUE causing ridiculous amounts of lag whenever its open

RESOLUTION: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...0&postcount=35

I just picked up an RGB STRAFE and I love it so far. The only problem I've been having is that whenever the CUE software is open while I'm playing a game, there is so much lag the games become unplayable. It also subsides immediately after i cause the program. Any tips?

Last edited by Corsair James; 09-30-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:43 PM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 866607
terabyte Reputation: 44

Post your system specs and also the specific game you're playing. Does it happen only with that single game or more?

You can update your system specs using the link "Edit System Specs" at the top of each page.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:56 PM
iGumball's PC Specs

POST ID # = 866610

its with every game i play:

Asus z170A
Intel i7 6700k
GTX 1070
Corsair H100i v2
TP Link N900
Corsair RM 750 80+ Gold
Windows 10 64 Bit

Old 08-11-2016, 08:36 AM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 866662

Hmm, I can't see anything wrong with your configuration after a quick check. Have you tried using different USB ports? Just that might make a difference sometimes.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:14 AM
iGumball's PC Specs

POST ID # = 866682

I tried using the 1 USB 3.0 Conifg and the 2 USB 2.0 Config but that didnt seem to work. Does CUE access the internet through any kind of features that I can disable? Also this might be worth mentioning, but whenever I tried uninstalling the newest version of CUE, and used the one that shows up on the RGB STRAFE product page, the software doesnt seem to recognize that there is a newer version available for an update. I would use the older version of the software for the keyboard but I haven't tested it to see if it causes the lag and there's way less you can do with the lighting.

Also one more note: The newest version of CUE consistently fails to check for updates within the software. Whenever I try to check for an update within it, I get a warning error and it tells me that I can't update it.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:41 AM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 866688

Wait, let's clarify something first: which CUE version are you using exactly? The latest stable CUE 1.16.42 or the BETA version 2.3.74?

For CUE 1.x it is normal to not find updates, there are none. And for CUE 2.x it is also normal to not being able to check for updates since it is a beta version and the update checker has the lower stable 1.x version in it.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:01 AM
iGumball's PC Specs

POST ID # = 866694

I was initially using the 2.3.74, then I switched to the 1.16.42 because I thought it was an older version and thought it might help but after seeing the UI and that it took a while for me to figure out the lighting setups I uninstalled it because I thought it was just a piece of dino software but I was completely wrong I guess. I wasn't aware that the former was a beta version.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:58 PM

POST ID # = 867528
Mikalton Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGumball View Post
I just picked up an RGB STRAFE and I love it so far. The only problem I've been having is that whenever the CUE software is open while I'm playing a game, there is so much lag the games become unplayable. It also subsides immediately after i cause the program. Any tips?
I am getting the same thing. I use the corsair void and I always have to close the driver so I can actually play csgo. If I have it open I get so much lag it makes it unplayable.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:00 PM

POST ID # = 867530

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
Wait, let's clarify something first: which CUE version are you using exactly? The latest stable CUE 1.16.42 or the BETA version 2.3.74?

For CUE 1.x it is normal to not find updates, there are none. And for CUE 2.x it is also normal to not being able to check for updates since it is a beta version and the update checker has the lower stable 1.x version in it.
I'm forced to use the beta version because the original CUE would not open for me at all.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:00 PM

POST ID # = 867531
Default Lagging as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post

I'm forced to use the beta version because the original CUE would not open for me at all.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Kyle Ragnador's PC Specs

POST ID # = 867943
Kyle Ragnador Reputation: 10

Using only the Corsair void Wireless SE (fw 39.02)
For me I'm loosing around 10fps in Rainbow six siege and it starts lagging as well in overwatch with cpu usage getting up to 100%. with cue 1.X everything runs normal (with 60fps). Possible a faulty audio driver?

CPU: intel i5 5200u
ram: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia 950M GT (368.81)

And i dont know why, but i cannot change the led color. And LED long slow breathing seems more like "pause fast breathing pause..."

Last edited by Kyle Ragnador; 08-19-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:39 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 867957
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ragnador View Post
Using only the Corsair void Wireless SE (fw 39.02)
For me I'm loosing around 10fps in Rainbow six siege and it starts lagging as well in overwatch with cpu usage getting up to 100%. with cue 1.X everything runs normal (with 60fps). Possible a faulty audio driver?

CPU: intel i5 5200u
ram: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia 950M GT (368.81)

And i dont know why, but i cannot change the led color. And LED long slow breathing seems more like "pause fast breathing pause..."

CUE 2 takes more resources then CUE 1, so if your lagging in game turn down the lighting effects. Also how are you maxing out a i5 5200 in Seige or overwatch?
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 08-21-2016, 07:01 PM
myrkat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 868212
myrkat Reputation: 10

What would be nice is if the unofficial Linux / MacOS driver was ported to windows. It is a far superior product, but just doesn't have that teenage gamer look to the interface. No sweat, just make it easy, efficient and compatible and I'm set.

The CUE software is the biggest complaint I have when I am in windows. It is night and day compared to the really great utility that linux users get.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:06 AM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 868244
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrkat View Post
What would be nice is if the unofficial Linux / MacOS driver was ported to windows. It is a far superior product, but just doesn't have that teenage gamer look to the interface. No sweat, just make it easy, efficient and compatible and I'm set.

The CUE software is the biggest complaint I have when I am in windows. It is night and day compared to the really great utility that linux users get.
thanks for going off topic, go make your own thread...
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 09-05-2016, 08:18 AM
StrafeUser's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870235
StrafeUser Reputation: 10

Same problema here. I must close CUE to play a game.

Tags
cue, gaming, lag