The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 02:13 AM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777750
egret85 Reputation: 10

It was a game running full screen without being in window mode. So the game is active unless I alt tab out. Once it changed back to the default profile, I tried to get it to change back by alt tabbing out and going back to the game and it did not work (there were no other windows on the task bar when I did this). Only way I could get it to go back to the correct profile was to completely exit the game and launch it again.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:47 AM
ChuCho's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778721
ChuCho Reputation: 10

I have the same problem since when i bought my k70 rgb. it worked once, when i plugged my keyboard for the first time, and never again. I set up a program or a game (even chrome) and it doesnt work. Nothing happens. And i tried with a lot of programs, the CUE just doesnt get the info about a program running i bet.

The rest of things are working fine tho

Old 05-13-2015, 04:47 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 779046
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by egret85 View Post
It was a game running full screen without being in window mode. So the game is active unless I alt tab out. Once it changed back to the default profile, I tried to get it to change back by alt tabbing out and going back to the game and it did not work (there were no other windows on the task bar when I did this). Only way I could get it to go back to the correct profile was to completely exit the game and launch it again.
What game is this?

Old 05-13-2015, 04:55 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 779048

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuCho View Post
I have the same problem since when i bought my k70 rgb. it worked once, when i plugged my keyboard for the first time, and never again. I set up a program or a game (even chrome) and it doesnt work. Nothing happens. And i tried with a lot of programs, the CUE just doesnt get the info about a program running i bet.

The rest of things are working fine tho
Ive just tried it and don't have an issue with Chrome. What path did you use?

Old 05-14-2015, 07:19 PM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
What game is this?
The game was ARMA 3.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:56 PM
stevvie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779500
stevvie Reputation: 10

you can add assassins creed Rogue, firefox (after about an hour) to the list of programs that send the profile back to default.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:43 AM

POST ID # = 779607
Hooch Reputation: 10

It also doesn't work for me.
Now I'm in the process of reverse engineering Corsair software to be able to change profile via injected dll. As soon as I'm done with it I'll make a public git repo for everyone.

It would be the best thing in the world if Corsair released any kind of API or at least opened sources of this software. I see no reason for it to be closed. I bet that community would create some wonderful mods for it and fairly quickly fix all problems.

I know that this will never happen which is sad. But MAYBE, maybe some developer reading this message will at least suggest it on next meeting. Never stop the hope.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 AM
ScarletStreak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779752
ScarletStreak Reputation: 10

Quote:
We saw this occur randomly during testing and when we ran a utility to capture what was going on that triggered the profile switch, we found that it was related to pop-ups. For example, when anyone ever got an instant message and got system taskbar pop-ups, it would actually momentarily switch to explorer and hence why the profile changes. This also occured on systems that was using windows without CD-keys and got that annoying reminder.

I would double check to ensure nothing like that is happening since we were never able to see a scenario where the profile switches by itself without something to trigger it (doesn't mean its impossible though).
Game is full screen on primary monitor running off dedicated graphics card, while second monitor is playing in browser (chrome) video through integrated graphics. There are positively no pop-ups and no messages in system tray either. It just does the switch to default randomly.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:40 PM
stevvie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletStreak View Post
Game is full screen on primary monitor running off dedicated graphics card, while second monitor is playing in browser (chrome) video through integrated graphics. There are positively no pop-ups and no messages in system tray either. It just does the switch to default randomly.
There are NO pop-up happening for me too as games are in full screen and firefox a window.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:41 PM
g0ats3cks's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779839
g0ats3cks Reputation: 10

I am having the same problem.

Path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo.exe

It's not just CS:GO either, any program I try to use will not change the profile on launch.

"Default to Standard Lighting Mode" is checked, should it not be?

Have tried with/without 16.8m Color Mode

Firmware 1.20 / CUE 1.5.108

Old 05-19-2015, 04:28 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 779985

I'll check with our validations lab to see if this can be replicated. All of you have enabled Automatic Profile by right clicking the Corsair system taskbar icon right?

Old 05-19-2015, 05:36 PM
g0ats3cks's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780000
g0ats3cks Reputation: 10

For me, activating the Automatic Profile Switching fixed it for me. As I stated in another post, you should put this option to activate Auto Profile Switch elsewhere in the software as well, in the Settings section itself, or maybe give the option to activate it when you edit/create a profile and set a path. Maybe give it a permanently fixed position in the task bar menu, I never even saw it because it was at the bottom of the profile list I have and had to scroll down to see it.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:08 PM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780465

Quote:
I'll check with our validations lab to see if this can be replicated. All of you have enabled Automatic Profile by right clicking the Corsair system taskbar icon right?
Yes, Automatic Profile Switching is set for me.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:55 AM
stevvie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780553

Quote:
Yes just like I have for previous versions of cue that WORKED.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:17 PM

POST ID # = 780955
Hooch Reputation: 10

I also have it ON. But still it is not switching my profiles. Do you want me to take a dump of process or anything else?