The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 AM
Y0kenB's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776178
Y0kenB Reputation: 10
Important Auto profile switching stopped working after firmware 1.20 update

Hi,

I have 4 profiles setup. each with their own colour profiles and a couple of modes for each.

Since the firmware update, the profiles don't switch anymore to any of my profiles.(StarCraft 2 - correct exe selected, DCS World are my two main profile switchers in case you were wondering)

I disabled the 16.8mil colours already, which solved one of my other issues, but this still prevails.

thanks,

Old 04-29-2015, 10:22 AM
OC & HW Enthusiast
Medieval Nerd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776206
Medieval Nerd Reputation: 22

Strange I use automatic profile switching and they work most of the time.

The issues I have is that sometimes if there is a screen flicker during loading, it sometimes reverts to the default profile. (As if it thinks I did Alt-Tab)

If you tab in and out of the game, does it properly detect the profile and switch?

Did you also update CUE? Older versions of CUE do not like the 1.20 firmware.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:00 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776273
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Does it work for any application at all, like your browser?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:35 AM
ScarletStreak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776439
ScarletStreak Reputation: 10

So I'm all up to date on the firmware and CUE after the latest update, and CUE will detect my program (game) but after about twenty minutes of playing, it randomly switches back to default profile out of the profile that had different modes for different games.

Tabbing to desktop and then going back into the game allows CUE to redetect the program but the problem repeats itself.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:21 AM

POST ID # = 776466
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Have you tried running the game in Window mode temporarily? Does CUE still switch profiles?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:21 AM
ScarletStreak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776471
ScarletStreak Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Have you tried running the game in Window mode temporarily? Does CUE still switch profiles?
That will get it to detect the game and switch to the appropriate profile and mode, but the problem is CUE later switching to default spontaneously during the game. It's closer to an hour into gameplay.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:14 AM
K70 RGB MX Brown <3
St3v3oh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776476
St3v3oh Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletStreak View Post
That will get it to detect the game and switch to the appropriate profile and mode, but the problem is CUE later switching to default spontaneously during the game. It's closer to an hour into gameplay.
+1 - same here. CS:GO exe - does change on startup - if I alttab and alttab back it sometimes recognizes it and goes to game-profile again

Old 04-30-2015, 04:37 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776552

We saw this occur randomly during testing and when we ran a utility to capture what was going on that triggered the profile switch, we found that it was related to pop-ups. For example, when anyone ever got an instant message and got system taskbar pop-ups, it would actually momentarily switch to explorer and hence why the profile changes. This also occured on systems that was using windows without CD-keys and got that annoying reminder.

I would double check to ensure nothing like that is happening since we were never able to see a scenario where the profile switches by itself without something to trigger it (doesn't mean its impossible though).

Old 05-01-2015, 01:10 PM
stevvie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776730
stevvie Reputation: 10

Been experiencing this since the new update too. Been surfing the web with a firefox profile active on a site that I've used for years (gpupdate.net) and then it just decides it wants to go back to default profile. NEVER used to do this before and I dont have a copy of the old firmware to beta test for corsair. It does seem corsair have a track record of fixing one thing and breaking other things. 16 million colours now with added flicker and random profile switching. So disheartened with this whole fiasco. If the keyboard wasn't so nice to use it would of gone back a long time ago.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:54 PM
MasterF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777417
MasterF Reputation: 10

I just bought my k95 today, and I'm trying to set it up, but whatever I link to a profile, it doesn't work.
I open the program I set to a dark profile (my Zoom player - a video player) and when I run it, nothing happens.

I tried with a lot of other programs like notepad and stuff, but I can't get the keyboard to change to it's profile when I open it... I can send a video with me setting it up and running the application, so you can see it Not working :)

Old 05-05-2015, 01:24 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 777421

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterF View Post
I just bought my k95 today, and I'm trying to set it up, but whatever I link to a profile, it doesn't work.
I open the program I set to a dark profile (my Zoom player - a video player) and when I run it, nothing happens.

I tried with a lot of other programs like notepad and stuff, but I can't get the keyboard to change to it's profile when I open it... I can send a video with me setting it up and running the application, so you can see it Not working :)
Sure, let me check it out. Does the keyboard work in general, however?

Old 05-05-2015, 02:13 PM
MasterF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777433

Yes! It work great! Other than Not changing Profile when I run the program associated with it, works beautifully :)

Old 05-05-2015, 02:19 PM
MasterF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777434

I have an asus X99 Deluxe, 32GB 2666 CL13, 780ti, 1000w power 80 platinum.. running Windows 8.1 pro.
Everything else in this keyboard is running perfectly. Just any association of a profile to the an application doesn't work At All!

Old 05-05-2015, 08:24 PM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777496
egret85 Reputation: 10

I've had mine randomly switch back to default profile while playing a game as well. Game was not running in a window. Profile changed to correct one when I stated playing and then just went back to the default in the middle of playing. Automatic profile switching seems to be very buggy in this version.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:29 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 777630

Quote:
Originally Posted by egret85 View Post
I've had mine randomly switch back to default profile while playing a game as well. Game was not running in a window. Profile changed to correct one when I stated playing and then just went back to the default in the middle of playing. Automatic profile switching seems to be very buggy in this version.
Were you sure there were no pop-ups in the taskbar?