Corsair Community

Two keys on my K95 RGB keyboard refuse to change color.

Bunni

Hi all,

I have two keys, "8" and "W" that are pink and light blue respectively when I've set all my keys to white. This is for my work profile. I have cleared the lighting altogether on both these keys, but they seem stuck displaying these shades. If I choose another color for these keys they are still different than what is chosen.

Also it seems my number keys on the top row are a bit muted. I removed all the previous lighting as suggested when setting up.

No idea how to get these keys to become white. It is distracting when I'm working.

Other than this issue, I'm loving my Cherry MX brown switches!

I'm using latest firmware and all. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Bunni

• Corsair Employee
Bunni, did you clear the "ALL" group to prevent any overlays with the keys? The top row of keys will be slightly muted on the bottom half of the key because the lighting is located on top of the switch. However, your issue that you're experiencing is something I'd like to know more about (and may ask for your keyboard back for analysis).

I cleared everything and today my "Q" has turned light pink, just like the "8".

"W" is still light blue.

Just noticed too, If I have all keys set to white, Including my G keys, "G5" is a light purple. 8 is light pink, Q is light pink, W is light blue.

So just an update, I tried reinstalling CUE after upgrading my USB 3 driver. Grasping at straws I know.

I redid my background lighting, and nothing much has changed.

On Keys that are set to white:

8 is pink, Q is green, W is a light violet.

Prior to reinstalling CUE my V key was turning cyan.

I posted in another thread also that on reboot (prior to reinstalling CUE) my keyboard entered (what I now know as) demo mode. Unresponsive, got malfunction in CUE, rebooted, and it was back to "normal".

I never know what I'm going to experience from one day to the next. Mechanically it's awesome, but visually annoying.

Bunni, did you clear the "ALL" group to prevent any overlays with the keys? The top row of keys will be slightly muted on the bottom half of the key because the lighting is located on top of the switch. However, your issue that you're experiencing is something I'd like to know more about (and may ask for your keyboard back for analysis).

Is there some other info I can give you James?

If you are still having issues it may be best to remove the Corsair folder in the %appdata% (Roaming folder). Please advise that this will remove all existing profiles/color/lighting/macro effects you have on your system.

I removed the Corsair folder from %appdata% roaming. I rebooted, and had a black keyboard. Cue opened asking me to update firmware for both my devices, which was already done.

I cleared everything in the default profile, just as I had before.

With my symbols keys and number keys set to white, my 8 is still pink, Q is still green, and W is still blue.

I don't know how this can be unless there might be a physical problem with those LEDs?

The tab key is now changing to green almost the same color as the light green Q. The "}]" key is changing to green as well. Wish I knew where the keyboard is finding the colors from.

Since I've changed the profiles so much in all the various stages of trying to fix this, did you know in the default profile, the M2 default has some keys that are not cleared under any of the groups like in M1 or M3? You have to do them each manually to clear their colors. hard to notice, since they all seem cleared but are actually black. It's only in M2 as well. They are QWER and DF. You can replicate by going to M2 under default, and clear each of the groups. You'll see these keys alone look different. Wondering if this could affect anything or not. I clear everything out before creating any background colors. So I don't know how this would be a problem, it's just something I noticed.

Well things are changing...I haven't done a thing with it other than work.

8 is now light blue, Q is a faint pink, W is purple. I'd really love to know why. It's as if there is a display kinda thing programed only the colors are changing very very slowly.

Just to confirm, are you using version 1.1.57 CUE software as well as being on the latest 1.13 firmware?

Download link is located below:

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Gaming-Keyboards/Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.1.57.zip

The Corsair folder located in the %appdata% (Roaming folder) will be rebuilt once deleted upon loading CUE software.

I am now using CUE 1.1.57. I upgraded firmware almost immediately after installing the keyboard to 1.13.

8 has turned back to pink.

Q is a lighter pink.

W is a light purple.

I'll take a pic later in the day if I can get this to show up. Different keys intermittently tint one color or another and go back to white. But those 3 keys seem stubborn.

Today as I'm working, my A key turns blue, and then suddenly pops back to white. My caps lock indicator light is stuck on as well. I couldn't stop working long enough to investigate if anything was happening with CUE, but now that I have my keyboard chows malfunction.

8 has turned light blue again.

Q light pink.

W light purple.

Suddenly too my M65 RGB lights have completely gone off.

Can you give a screenshot of the lighting tab?

Here is the lighting tab for M1 - M3 and for my mouse.

I got lights to come back on for mouse by reinstalling firmware..nothing else worked.

I've also noticed now I'm getting frequent key repeats since CUE 1.1.57

Most annoying.

M1.thumb.jpg.32ed7b5974b757f3e889081e2fb2f698.jpg

M2.jpg.b9e871ebd8f8e50688b9987f998e8ea2.jpg

M3.thumb.jpg.112c2729e048aa3ee08a593b92dadd0a.jpg

M65Default.thumb.jpg.156ea3a4b73e4fb3a6a0df391b9a521f.jpg

Here is the lighting tab for M1 - M3 and for my mouse.

I got lights to come back on for mouse by reinstalling firmware..nothing else worked.

I've also noticed now I'm getting frequent key repeats since CUE 1.1.57

Most annoying.

Click on "new..." and make a new profile and name it anything. For the mode make sure there's no groups what so ever and click+drag to select all the keys and set them to any solid color. Then right click the cue software in the task bar and switch to the new profile. Do you still experience any issues?

No, why would I? A simple white background profile won't display correct colors for various keys. I've had to restart, redownload, and reapply firmware so many times, that I'm not messing around with anything else till this issue gets solved.

The repeating keys thing is becoming a problem. I've gone into keyboard settings and turned it almost all the way down, yet it still occurs. Thiis has been an issue since 1.1.57 of CUE. Notiice the two "i"? It's not doing it on all keys either. F, E and I are most susceptible. I type for a living.

When will the next CUE version be available? Is there new firmware being worked on as well?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to give up on this or be patient.

I've spent over $300 on the K95 RGB and M65 RGB mouse combined..and I really really want the bugs to be gone. Do I need to put in a support ticket? Will I get more support that way? IIs there anythiing else I should be trying? Is there any infformation I can offfer to help with thiis?

I've purposely not edited what I'm typing so you can see the keys repeating.

Archived