The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2019, 03:51 AM
Baio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005652
Baio Reputation: 10
Default New iCue v3.16.56 problem

First problem I'm experiencing with this software since I use it.
With last version every 2-3 reboots it looses the custom fan curves I set for AIO and CoPro. I does not affect light effects for both devices.
Installed through sogtware's internal update.
Any idea how to solve it?
Thanks in advance.

Baio
Old 05-25-2019, 08:33 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005667
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Unfortunately, this is referenced in the patch notes and is a version specific issue. It was suggested the resolution will be in 3.17. I am not sure we have a handle on the trigger. Some users have better luck manually quitting iCUE before shutdown or sleep. It has only happened to me once and never again. If it becomes chronic, you may need to go back to iCUE 3.14. For now, make sure you back up the C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder to a safe place. Inside that Corsair/iCUE folder are the fan curves that can be dropped back into and iCUE restarted to recover, rather than redoing them all.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:25 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005696
DevBiker Reputation: 83

It happens at shutdown - for some reason, the file where the fan curve configurations are kept is cleared out. When iCUE starts back up, those curves aren't there and everything is reset to the default.

As c-attack mentioned, one solution is to close iCUE before you shut down. This seems to help. Also, make a backup of your iCUE configuration for those times when you forget to do this and iCUE decides it's going to eat your fan curves.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-25-2019, 11:11 PM
Baio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005739
Baio Reputation: 10

Thanks for your replies. I'm gonna backup the folder, hoping the next release will resolve.

Baio
Old 05-25-2019, 11:45 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005741
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baio View Post
Thanks for your replies. I'm gonna backup the folder, hoping the next release will resolve.

Baio
Yeah, you and me both.

Right now, I have iCUE set to not start with Windows. I check the folder (specifically %AppData%\Corsair\CUE\cooling) to see if the "configurations" file in there is zero-length. If it is, that means that iCUE has been snacking on my fan curves. Drop the file in from backup, start iCUE ... good to go.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.