The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2018, 01:07 PM

POST ID # = 968232
Blackstarwolf Reputation: 10

Dear Corsair, please fix this problem

Otherwise I don't think it's a good marketing if everyone tells around Corsair stands for bad support and isn't gaming friendly.

This problem is caused by your keyboard K55
Fix the problem, give everyone with a K55 another keyboard or live with bad reputation.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:04 AM

POST ID # = 972822
syn111 Reputation: 10

I'm affected by this issue too. This is not a K55/Steam specific issue. It is not either iCue related.

Other non-steam software also gets frozen for some time when enumerating USB devices if K55 is present, as in this example on DCS World:

[1516] 2018-09-15 07:54:56.566 INFO INPUT: Device [Keyboard] created deviceId = -1
[1516] 2018-09-15 07:55:36.704 INFO INPUT: Device [Mouse] created deviceId = -1

Only this keyboard causes that reproducible 40 second delay on application launch and when hotplugging any USB devices. Disabling HMI devices on devmgmt does prevent this problem, at the expense of losing macros and leds.

I have personally returned the keyboard due to the lack of response from Corsair to this known issue.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:39 AM

POST ID # = 978864
kwik.kiwi Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldfella View Post
I know I am jumping a little late on this thread....

I have been having problems with my PC for weeks while trying to play games, some on Steam, some not (iRacing).

Initially, I blamed the issues on my old Logitech G25 wheel after a recent Windows update messed up the Logitech drivers but the problem was intermittent and somewhat random. I spent MANY hours trying to resolve various menu freezes and controller issues. I even did a complete fresh install of Windows 10 in an attempt to resolve the issues.

Most of my games (Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Euro Truck Simulator, Dirt Rally, Race Room Experience and even iRacing) would randomly freeze while loading various menus and in particular on controller configuration pages....

Assetto Corsa became completely useless could not configure wheel due to system hangs). Other games would hang or freeze for a minute or two.

Today, while making unrelated changes to my Gaming Rig, I unplugged my K55 Keyboard and noticed my Logitech G25 Force feedback wheel move (calibrate) itself at the same time.... for no apparent reason... this got me thinking.

I plugged in a different keyboard (leaving the K55 unplugged) and WOW!!! All of my issues solved in one go! NO MORE FREEZES.

In hindsight, I started using the 55 about the same time the problems started (was given the keyboard by a family member because of an upgrade) and just never put two and two together until now.

Hopefully this post helps someone else resolve "Game Controller" issues.

Safe to say, the K55 will NOT have a happy ending!
OMG... I have spent months trying to sort my Raceroom and PCars2 issues.. i would never have believed it would be the keyboard.. changed keyboard and everything is perfect again.. I don't think I would ever buy another Corsair product.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:36 AM
DavieWeegie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001323
DavieWeegie Reputation: 10

this problem is still happening now, its a complete joke that corsair blame steam for this when its clearly a fault of the keyboard and hid drivers.

i too have purchased the full array of corsair products and if this isnt fixed and i need to use a diffrent keyboard then it will be the last corsair product i purchase.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Bürgus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001350
Bürgus Reputation: 10
Default My K55 has been a horrible experience as well

Boy, although I don't know exactly how to solve your problems, I gotta say, this keyboard behaves like some possessed spoiled child.

• The iCUE software recognizes it only "when it wants to";
• Waking up the PC means the drivers will probably stop working entirely;
• When the drivers aren't working, the iCUE RGB actions don't work, and the NumLock/CapsLock/WinLock LEDs won't work at all;
• Sometimes I can't input my PIN and have to restart my PC because the keyboard makes the system think I'm holding Shift, and the issue persists when unplugging the keyboard — this never happened with my old keyboard;
• The iCUE software doesn't recognize it after restarting at least twice, restarting the Corsair service task does nothing;
• I don't know if it's the keyboard or some freak malware, but a couple times a week, when I'm typing, it'll automatically input the text "MP[88amp" then opens System Settings randomly — this never happened with my old keyboard;
• The Harpoon mouse that came with it works 100% fine and never had a single problem.

It's an awesome, affordable keyboard, but these very persistent software issues make it worthless compared to some cheap Chinese keyboard which at least lets you know if Caps Lock is on.

Anyone has the same issues?

Old 04-14-2019, 11:05 AM
DavieWeegie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001414

i get a few of your problems with mine...

icue will recognise it on a restart but randomly it just wont pick it up which coincides with the caps lock light not functioning. this behavior also coincides with games taking ages to load and causing problems with any controllers connected.

i think something driver related to the keyboard is crashing and icue then doesnt recognise the keyboard, when this crash happens the caps lock light doesnt function and games take ages to load and it also causes the problem with controllers.

if the driver/service doesnt crash everything is fine with icue, caps lock light, games and controllers.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:34 AM
Bastinazus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002622
Bastinazus Reputation: 10

This issue has almost 2 years old. It's safe to assume Corsair will never fix it.

If your keyboard is still under warranty, just RMA it, buy a Razer, Logitech or another reliable brand and never buy a Corsair product again. This issue is one of those things you shouldn't overlook at all. If Corsair hasn't fixed this important issue yet, that's a big red flag and it should dissuade any consumer from buying any other product from this brand.

Last edited by Bastinazus; 04-26-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:21 AM
MattiVM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005665
MattiVM Reputation: 10
Default I had the same problem and this is what it fixed for me:

Hello everyone,
I might have found a fix. (It works for me.)

I am using a K55 keyboard, a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, a Blue Snowball MIC and a PS4 Controller (Dualshock 4 Version 2) that I later just refer to as 'controller'. Everything worked together without any problems for about 2 years, until two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago I bought a Corsair Force MP510 960GB nVME SSD that arrived and that I installed a week ago. I had to do a clean installation of Windows and I installed everything to be able to game (Steam, Uplay, Origin,...).
As soon as I would connect my controller any other USB device that was connected would stop responding. One time it was my mouse, sometimes my mic, sometimes the keyboard and sometimes multiple at the same time.
I also had the problem that Windows Common Shell DLL would freeze when I wanted to calibrate my controller in Windows. Unplugging the K55 stopped the freezing and gave me the option to calibrate my controller.

So this is why I thought it was a problem related to the K55. (Just to be clear, I love the K55.)

So what I did:
  1. First I updated Windows (10) to the latest version
  2. I updated all device drivers using the device manager (really every device that was listed there)
  3. I then installed iCue and updated everything that could be updated (currently I have iCue Software Version 3.16.56)
  4. I repeated step 2 to be sure
  5. I disabled "Wireless Controller" under "Sound, video and game controllers" in the device manager. (This stops the PS4 controller from taking over your sound devices (mic, headphones, input/output devices)
  6. But this is what I think it did: Because the PS4 controller has light, I tought that the lights of my keyboard may conflict with the lights of the controller (and other devices), so I disabled "Enable SDK" (so it is unchecked now) in the iCue Settings. This disables the ability for games to control your lights of your connected Corsair devices. (I did the same for my other devices that have RGB and this option.)
  • (In steam I also have "Guide Button Focuses Steam" and "Playstation Configuration Support" toggled on under Steam's General Controller Settings (Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings).

When this was all done, I was able to use all my devices together again. No problems since then.
I hope this can help someone. (Let me know. )

Last edited by MattiVM; 05-25-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:14 PM

POST ID # = 1008128
uaxdeath1 Reputation: 10

We'll I've found another issue with this keyboard.

As it turns out, neither Ace Combat 7 nor Sekiro will even start if this keyboard is plugged in.

I've tried all the usual troubleshooting BS with reinstalling and drivers.

I bought this as a backup keyboard as it was fairly cheap, but I wish I'd kept the receipt. I won't be purchasing anymore Corsair products in the future, because a KB causing software issues in 2019 is unacceptable.

Old 06-16-2019, 05:44 AM
MattiVM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008154
MattiVM Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaxdeath1 View Post

As it turns out, neither Ace Combat 7 nor Sekiro will even start if this keyboard is plugged in.

I bought this as a backup keyboard as it was fairly cheap, but I wish I'd kept the receipt. I won't be purchasing anymore Corsair products in the future, because a KB causing software issues in 2019 is unacceptable.
That is unacceptable indeed.
Right now I don't experience any problems anymore apart from games freezing for a few seconds when starting up. I still have the receipt and can return it, but I don't really have a valid reason. Or is incompatibility with software and other devices a reason to return a keyboard after 1 and a half year usage? Because it is only about a month ago that the first problems started happening.
Also, if I would buy another keyboard, I would have no idea for another keyboard except the K70 (or the K95), because if I buy a new keyboard, it needs to be mechanical and needs to have dedicated media and volume keys.

Last edited by MattiVM; 06-16-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:16 AM
DavieWeegie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008181

i dont want to tempt fate here but my k55 has been working perfectly since i saw a fix on another thread.

it suggested holding fn + alt + f4 and the keyboard would flash twice.

i did this around 3 weeks ago and havent experienced any problems since after 2 years of constant problems with games taking ages to load, steam failing to open and the caps and num lock lights failing to work.

EDIT: heres the thread i got the fix in...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...58#post1007158

Last edited by DavieWeegie; 06-16-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:17 PM
ltron's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008301
ltron Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaxdeath1 View Post

Did you try flashing the K55 keyboard with the older firmware that Corsair gave me? I've linked to it in this post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...4&postcount=38

This fixed all my problems.