Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2019, 06:27 AM
morganthomas757's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004984
morganthomas757 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niacinamine View Post
Maybe this is a dumb question but is there any way to flash the new firmware on a device that's not being seen by iCUE but shows up in usbdeview?

also, if i have the constant disconnect bug, how can i be sure it's gonna finish flashing the new firmware before getting disconnected again and interrupt the flashing process
Don't flash the new firmware through iCue if you're already having the disconnect issues in my opinion, just done it to mine and I think it's bricked the cooler, no longer shows up in iCue and fans run on highest setting right from when I power on the system. If any Corsair employee reads this could you please help me manually update the firmware!

Old 05-19-2019, 10:48 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005006
DevBiker Reputation: 83

For the first question - not that I know if. If it shows in USBDeView, it should show in iCUE.
For the second - I would suggest that you shut down steam and set the lighting to a static color first.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:20 PM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005057
Gronar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
There's flicker and then there are disconnects - two different things.
Specifically, I've seen the flicker when pairing the CoPro with an AMD motherboard - but I've not had any disconnects with 1.15. Do you hear the USB disconnect sound? If so, are you running Steam or any monitoring tools?
Devbiker, I fixed the flicker. Had to run the cooler connection to a USB port on the back of the motherboard. A little inconvenient but it works. Did a clean install of iCUE and everything works as advertised now. Sure wish I didn't have to do that due to the way it messes up the nice cable management I had going one but I'll live with it. Only disconnect sound I get is one at initial boot when iCUE loads but all runs fine afterwards.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Tiwtin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005502
Tiwtin Reputation: 10

Interesting that there hasn't been any updates to this. Anywho, I still receive a disconnect randomly when I wake my computer from sleep. Doesn't happen all the time, but it still occurs just like it used to, but this time only after waking from sleep and loading it's profile.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006020
Kouzai Reputation: 10

Has anybody got any advice or updates regarding this? everything was fine until i updated yesterday to the lastest version of icue. now everything disconnects, fans ramp up and flickering occurs, i used to be able to cure this by setting a static colour for my H100i plat. Please it's literally driving me crazy, i have invested a lot into this system and the corsair platform, ive done a full reinstall of windows 10 fresh and started out by just installing icue. nothing is fixing this issue for me :(

Old 05-28-2019, 05:31 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronar View Post
Devbiker, I fixed the flicker. Had to run the cooler connection to a USB port on the back of the motherboard. A little inconvenient but it works. Did a clean install of iCUE and everything works as advertised now. Sure wish I didn't have to do that due to the way it messes up the nice cable management I had going one but I'll live with it. Only disconnect sound I get is one at initial boot when iCUE loads but all runs fine afterwards.
How did you have the USB connected before?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:33 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwtin View Post
Interesting that there hasn't been any updates to this. Anywho, I still receive a disconnect randomly when I wake my computer from sleep. Doesn't happen all the time, but it still occurs just like it used to, but this time only after waking from sleep and loading it's profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouzai View Post
Has anybody got any advice or updates regarding this? everything was fine until i updated yesterday to the lastest version of icue. now everything disconnects, fans ramp up and flickering occurs, i used to be able to cure this by setting a static colour for my H100i plat. Please it's literally driving me crazy, i have invested a lot into this system and the corsair platform, ive done a full reinstall of windows 10 fresh and started out by just installing icue. nothing is fixing this issue for me :(
For both of you - please detail how you have the cooler connected (direct to motherboard / through Commander Pro / through something else) as well as any monitoring tools that you may be running and whether you are running Steam and if shutting down Steam resolves the issue. Finally, logs are helpful.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:36 PM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006034

Fresh install of windows 10 home, nothing but ASU’s hero xi drivers installed and Nvidia latest graphics driver, I have it connected via commander pro, the usb from the pump goes straight into the copro and this also controls four LL fans and 4 RGB strips, I’ll attach some logs for you tomorrow as it’s late and trying to resolve this has done me over, appreciate the reply though!

Old 05-28-2019, 10:22 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouzai View Post
Fresh install of windows 10 home, nothing but ASU’s hero xi drivers installed and Nvidia latest graphics driver, I have it connected via commander pro, the usb from the pump goes straight into the copro and this also controls four LL fans and 4 RGB strips, I’ll attach some logs for you tomorrow as it’s late and trying to resolve this has done me over, appreciate the reply though!
Did you install the Asus drivers only or all of AI Suite?

Old 05-28-2019, 11:54 PM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006063
Gronar Reputation: 10

Quote:
How did you have the USB connected before?
To a copro.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:57 AM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006077

Quote:
Did you install the Asus drivers only or all of AI Suite?
No Ai suite 3, just the latest bios 1005 and drivers for the hero xi, the main issues are that sometimes the LL fans/ RGB strips wont light up at all, even at a hardware level, H100i plat ramps up, disconnects and flickers and this now seems to crash or cause instability of icue. The best i've managed so far is to disable icue after setting lighting at hardware level and fan profiles. Still get the odd disconnect and fan revs but not constantly. just heading to work so will attatch logs later today.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:18 AM

POST ID # = 1006116
jefri080686 Reputation: 10

after installing hwinfo i have the same problem to,after uninstalling hwinfo and restart the Windows. USB reconnect problem from my H115i RGB PLATINUM dissapear link to the software https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ Icue Software Version 3.16.56
this post solve my hwinfo USB reconnect problem
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...82&postcount=3

Last edited by jefri080686; 05-29-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Old 05-29-2019, 12:52 PM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006152

Quote:
For both of you - please detail how you have the cooler connected (direct to motherboard / through Commander Pro / through something else) as well as any monitoring tools that you may be running and whether you are running Steam and if shutting down Steam resolves the issue. Finally, logs are helpful.
When you say logs are you reffering to the service_error file in service logs? how do i attatch this as its over 15mb? thanks

Old 05-30-2019, 05:33 AM

POST ID # = 1006247
jms1977 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefri080686 View Post
after installing hwinfo i have the same problem to,after uninstalling hwinfo and restart the Windows. USB reconnect problem from my H115i RGB PLATINUM dissapear link to the software https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ Icue Software Version 3.16.56
this post solve my hwinfo USB reconnect problem
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...82&postcount=3
go into safety menu in hwinfo and uncheck asetek controllers its a known issue hwinfo conflicts if this isnt unchecked

Old 06-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Tiwtin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007015
Tiwtin Reputation: 10

Quote:
1. Connected to Commander Pro
2. Not using any monitoring tools
3. Steam is not running

I'm only noticing issues when the computer wakes from sleep. It's only the cooler that will disconnect (the noise), turn to it's rainbow effect, then switch back to the profile that I had going. Sometimes I will have to completely end CorsairService in Task Manager to be able to get the cooler to work with iCue again.