Corsair Community

Air bubble or ?

eaglenv

My C1 Pro Plus has been a rock solid unit for me from day one. I run AIDA64 stability tests every so often and with Stress CPU and Stress FPU checked, the temps have never exceeded 85 C...ever.

I ran the test yesterday and the temps shot up immediately into the 90's and after 1 min hit 100 C. The idle was also the highest I've ever seen it...65 - 70 C after 10 min of idle. Restarted and ran the test again with the same results.

Unplugged everything and left it turned upside down overnight. Fired it back up the next day and everything was back to normal. Was hoping for some insight and ideas of what y'all might think it was. My hope is that it was an air bubble in the coolant. Is there anything else I should look into? Thanks

**SOLVED**

On the 2nd it started having issues again with the idle at 60 - 65 and temps shooting into the 100's with AIDA64...so I ran down to Fry's and picked up some Artic Silver 5 thermal paste and a ML140 Pro Blue LED fan.

32864471817_a61b405b7d_z_d.jpg

When I took the cooler off the CPU (sorry didn't take pics) the paste was almost non existent. Cleaned CPU and cooler, applied new paste and reassembled. Its been 7 days with no temp issues at all.

This fan runs at 800 on idle and is just a tad louder than the stock fan at idle...I do love the blue glow from the top of my C1.

32864471487_ccb75648f5_z_d.jpg

With it running for 1 hr 26 min room temp at 24 C you can see my idle temps are very satisfactory (sorry for the pic quality). And load temps are lower than I've ever seen on my unit as well..no doubt the help of the new fan (I will post some load temps in the near future)

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//live.staticflickr.com/65535/47018777924_7c91b19545_k_d.jpg%5B/

Edited by eaglenv
SOLVED

Hey thinkflight...yea...I hope it was just an air bubble....The Link software has the option to put notifications on temps...set min/max value, then check if you want it to shut the PC down or choose to play a file (I assume a audio file or video) or set all fans to 100%.

• Corsair Employee

Really odd. Did you happen to have something near the system that could've obstructed airflow?

Also, have you ever opened the system up? (For cleaning/just to take a peek/etc.) It's possible that if you did open it up, that the tubes running into the CPU block may need to be adjusted a bit for better coolant flow.

Really odd. Did you happen to have something near the system that could've obstructed airflow?

Also, have you ever opened the system up? (For cleaning/just to take a peek/etc.) It's possible that if you did open it up, that the tubes running into the CPU block may need to be adjusted a bit for better coolant flow.

No sir...no obstructions...last time I opened it up was to install my SSD's 9 months ago...9 months with normal cooling then all of the sudden *bam*… I must agree...odd...Maybe I should check those lines...thx for the idea.

Or if a tube had somehow developed a kink or twist in the tube, but going upside down helped to clear it up.

Possible...I will crack it open and check it out...very weird...has been running normal since I turned it upside down 4 days ago.

You can find it on the label at the underside of the unit as the serial number. It's also on the original box is you still have it.

Do I need to give the full serial # or just a part of it for the lot #?