Corsair Community

A chance of a 280X rev. 2.0 ?

Jaguar_84

Hi there,

I'm about to build a new rig for my sister and we really love the Corsair Crystal 280X, it looks beautiful.:praise: But there are 3 major points that keeps me - and as I've read in other forums / sites others too - from getting this case:

1.) The airflow in this case is not that good, would be much better if a

120mm fan could be installed in the back of the case.

2.) again, the airflow: the distance between the front glas panel and the

front fans should be a little bit larger.

3.) Since this is a m-ATX / cube case and the majority of people will place it

on their desk, it would be much better if the audio, usb, power button,

etc.

were set in the front of the case (like the Air 240).

So my question: is there any chance of getting an "updated" / better :naughty: version of this beautiful case? :winking:

Best regards,

Jaguar

I too was disappointed with the 280X. I was hoping for a case to replace my aging Air 540, but the 280X doesn't meet my requirements. The issues I have with it follow:

1. No front HDMI port passthrough for VR headset gaming.

2. Doesn't accommodate ATX or EATX motherboards. My motherboard is an Asus EATX.

3. Doesn't accommodate 140mm fans.

4. No rear fan.

• Corsair Employee
So my question: is there any chance of getting an "updated" / better :naughty: version of this beautiful case? :winking:

Best regards,

Jaguar

Your suggestions are fair but I'm not sure if the team will work on a revision for these features.

I/O panel position will have different reactions depending on the user's preference. A back 120 mm fan would be tight. I'm using the 280X as my main at home right now and actually had a lot of trouble fitting the fans I do have in there right now.

Definitely pretty challenging putting in a 240 mm radiator and a 120 mm radiator haha.

• Corsair Employee
I too was disappointed with the 280X. I was hoping for a case to replace my aging Air 540, but the 280X doesn't meet my requirements. The issues I have with it follow:

1. No front HDMI port passthrough for VR headset gaming.

2. Doesn't accommodate ATX or EATX motherboards. My motherboard is an Asus EATX.

3. Doesn't accommodate 140mm fans.

4. No rear fan.

You can think of the 280X as a successor for the Air 240. Not sure if they'll have an Air 540 successor though.

But yeah, no ATX or eATX compatibility. No rear fan. It does accommodate 140 fans though: 2 on the top, 2 in the front, and 2 on the bottom. You can fit a 280mm radiator only on the top and the bottom of the case.

Keep in mind that the case is very tight especially if you use an mATX board. You'll really have to watch out for the various sizes of your other components.

Well...for me it's not really a Air 240 successor. The Air 240 had the possibility of installing 2x 80mm fans at the rear for much better airflow. I've read on some sites / tests, that you can only install fans on the bottom if you use an mini-ITX board, is that correct?

I really hope that they take a second (and closer) look at this case and reconsider some decisions. They should really add the possibiliy of mounting a 120mm fan at the rear (nobody will buy 80mm fans these days). The air input at the front should be much better. I'm 100% sure, if there would be a Crystal 280X 2.0 version, a looooot of people would buy this case since it's really a beautiful and stylish case.

• 1 month later...

Archived