Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB Pro - Static Color

Bhaalspawn

Dev - what I can't quite work out is if you can give each individual DIMM a different static color profile? So, for example, I could program a static "symbol" to appear on the DIMMs? To do this, would I have to have 4 separate profiles, applying each one separately to each DIMM (I didnt think you could do that)?

EDIT: Actually just testing now, it's fiddly and not very user friendly but I think you can do exactly that - set up a separate multicolor lightning profile and apply a different one to each dimm.

Dev - what I can't quite work out is if you can give each individual DIMM a different static color profile? So, for example, I could program a static "symbol" to appear on the DIMMs? To do this, would I have to have 4 separate profiles, applying each one separately to each DIMM (I didnt think you could do that)?

EDIT: Actually just testing now, it's fiddly and not very user friendly but I think you can do exactly that - set up a separate multicolor lightning profile and apply a different one to each dimm.

Each effect (not profile, effect) can be applied to an individual, single DIMM. For example, I've made an "American Flag" effect by setting individual DIMMs and LEDs to Red/White/Blue as appropriate. However, only one effect can be applied to any individual DIMM.

• Corsair Employee
Each effect (not profile, effect) can be applied to an individual, single DIMM. For example, I've made an "American Flag" effect by setting individual DIMMs and LEDs to Red/White/Blue as appropriate. However, only one effect can be applied to any individual DIMM.

To expand into this, that's right; no layering to clarify.

A cornerstone feature of iCUE is you can now layer different color effects on top of each other. Obviously layering a solid red over a solid blue will still be red (top is dominant), however with the fans, strips, keyboards, and some other devices you can stack effects with a dynamic component to create movement or simply to fill in "black space". If I put a while static color underneath a blue/red wave, the white will show on all LEDs where the wave is not active. This allows some very complex patterns on keyboards and 12/16 LED fans. On the Vengeance RGB Pro you are limited to a single lighting effect for each LED, so no Rain on top of a solid blue or something to that effect.

A cornerstone feature of iCUE is you can now layer different color effects on top of each other. Obviously layering a solid red over a solid blue will still be red (top is dominant), however with the fans, strips, keyboards, and some other devices you can stack effects with a dynamic component to create movement or simply to fill in "black space". If I put a while static color underneath a blue/red wave, the white will show on all LEDs where the wave is not active. This allows some very complex patterns on keyboards and 12/16 LED fans. On the Vengeance RGB Pro you are limited to a single lighting effect for each LED, so no Rain on top of a solid blue or something to that effect.

Wow, that's really cool, I had no idea that existed. I'll try and find some resource for these effects for my fans 120LL RGB and 120ML RGB fans!

Archived