Corsair Community

Potential pump fail - one hose hot

dougalmcfrugal

Hi all,

I'm concerned there is an issue with my corsair h80i GT. The last few days my CPU has been running mega hot, to the point it has failed boot until it can cool down. I've cleaned and reapplied the thermal paste twice but to no avail.

Right now the Core temps are breaching 90c, I have a browser with about 20 tabs open and a game alt-tabbed. CPU load around 20%

Having read the Cooling FAQ I'm now worried the pump has failed/is failing as one hose is hot whilst the other is cool. I've reset bios to defaults and I've not been overclocking the CPU.

CPU voltage never goes above approx 1.2

Liquid temp 62 ©

fan rpm around 2580

pump 3210

The device is around 3 years old and I honestly can't remember if that is beyond the warranty period.

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Dougal

Liquid temp 62 ©

fan rpm around 2580

pump 3210

I'm afraid that is the only line that really matters. Looks like you have some kind of blockage or other flow problem. Contact Corsair directly through the Ticket Support System in the menu above to start the RMA process. As you have seen, you need to be careful using it until a replacement is secured. The cooler is unable to shed its heat, so the longer you are up and running, the more heat accumulates. Then you have to wait for it to dissipate naturally when shutdown, which could take hours. Stick to emergency browsing only and be quick.

Archived