Corsair Community

Does the 900D support EEB motherboards?

LateralusArt

Workstation stnadards EEB and CEB are listed in official tech spec. On diffrents forums and webpages, some say that this case support EEB format and others that it isn't. I am building my new arch-viz workstation with dual xeon v3 and Asus mobo Z10PE-D8 WS. Any one now or try to put such a mobo in this case? What is official Corsair statement about this issue?

Additional info: EATX is vertical (33.02 cm x 30.5 cm) standard and EEB is horizontal (30.5 cm x 33.02 cm).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
I hate to reserect this thread, but yes, I have one installed right now in the 900D. HOWEVER!! The tapped threads for risers are missing for the middle of the that style motherboard. This makes simple tasks like installing 16 sticks of RAM (use EEC Registered, or risk 2nd CPU not working) uhhh, interesting... its a really spongy experience, (if you push too hard, you risk flexing the motherboard to the point of touching the back of the case. Can you say short?) and worst part is, the stamped recessess in the case keep you from simply drilling and tapping the three new holes you’d need... once everything is installed and working though , it’s all good. I would recommend breadboarding everything first, then installing. Should have zero problems then. :)

Archived