Corsair Community

[Feature Request] Control Motherboards Lights via SDK

solarity

Please leverage the SDKs available from various manufactures to allow us to control the RGB. I know Gigabyte, Asus, and MSI all have SDKs available for download.

That and I am giving up on Gigabyte's Fusion. It is hard to try to work around their problems, especially when you guys put something like iCue.

• Corsair Employee
This is something we are currently investigating. I did a demo with MSI motherboards last year. Part of the challenge has been implementing the lighting effects. If its simple effects, than it is easy. However, many of our effects require a minimum spec of LED controllers to maintain our frames per second and we've found that to be lacking with third party hardware...

Maybe you guys could start off with something simple, then work your way up. Every since I did ambient RGB lighting in my home theater in 2015, I really like being able to customize and control things. I even set macros to change lights turn on/off lights based off different buttons.

I am still learning the software and I think it has a lot of potential. It is light years beyond what anyone else has, though I do have the RGB K70 Lux, 3xHD-120s, and LNP w/ 4 D-RGB strips.

• 4 months later...
This is something we are currently investigating. I did a demo with MSI motherboards last year. Part of the challenge has been implementing the lighting effects. If its simple effects, than it is easy. However, many of our effects require a minimum spec of LED controllers to maintain our frames per second and we've found that to be lacking with third party hardware...

Is this still in the works? Hoping to be able to control my Gigabyte mobo using iCUE..

Is this still in the works? Hoping to be able to control my Gigabyte mobo using iCUE..

Check my sig, I created a tool that indirectly matches my iCUE profiles based on game/process.

i would really love to see this. i recently upgraded my keyboard to a k95 platinum and i am loving icue. i would really love having icue control my motherboard leds.

I agree :)

Maybe you guys could start off with something simple, then work your way up. QUOTE]

100% agree. I would take static lighting over nothing. Perhaps some simplified effects. I have an ASUS Rampage VI and would like to use Corsair ICUE to control it. It is my dream. Ideally my memory too which is not Corsair currently. :)

I have an ASRock board. Love the Killer 370 sliac I have as far as stability but this is where they are at with the SDK:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8350&title=rgb-api-sdk-for-custom-software

Sounds like Nada atm. The mobo does not control anything other than on board lights at the moment an unused header since i have a node pro, but that sounds like I'll be keeping them off.

I think everyone can agree that while adhering to a set of standards makes quality products that we would love a solution even if it can't take full advantage. Just alternating colors for rainbow and staying static for a solid color would be enough to satisfy most of us. I'd also like this for my GPU as well. Please give us a temporary solution for current tech until deals can be made for other stuff...

On a side note that is sort of unrelated... If you guys would sell your own Mobo/GPU then this wouldn't be an issue... And I could have my full Corsair system.

I think everyone can agree that while adhering to a set of standards makes quality products that we would love a solution even if it can't take full advantage. Just alternating colors for rainbow and staying static for a solid color would be enough to satisfy most of us. I'd also like this for my GPU as well. Please give us a temporary solution for current tech until deals can be made for other stuff...

On a side note that is sort of unrelated... If you guys would sell your own Mobo/GPU then this wouldn't be an issue... And I could have my full Corsair system.

The more feedback and interest Corsair sees people have in this, the more likely the will add it as a feature.

I think one reason why they aren't entertaining some basic integration is you have some people who never used iCUE that will drop $100s of dollars in Corsair items all at once and just assume everything will work together. Then gripe how it is the end of the world as they can't sync their motherboard with Rainbow wave pattern.

Then there is the differing options in motherboard RGB LED layout. Gigabyte has by far the most RGB LEDs on their boards, though it isn't consistent between different boards. It would be a lot of work to get everything in a rainbow spiral to match the LED layouts on all the different motherboards. To add to that the SDK for Gigabyte's RGB Fusion is a bit limited, when it comes to motherboard support. Even though many motherboards support RGB Fusion a lot of them aren't supported in the SDK.

TL;DR; Make waves about MB support. Though don't expect much until MB manufactures get the stuff together and start standardizing stuff.

The more feedback and interest Corsair sees people have in this, the more likely the will add it as a feature.

I think one reason why they aren't entertaining some basic integration is you have some people who never used iCUE that will drop $100s of dollars in Corsair items all at once and just assume everything will work together. Then gripe how it is the end of the world as they can't sync their motherboard with Rainbow wave pattern.

Then there is the differing options in motherboard RGB LED layout. Gigabyte has by far the most RGB LEDs on their boards, though it isn't consistent between different boards. It would be a lot of work to get everything in a rainbow spiral to match the LED layouts on all the different motherboards. To add to that the SDK for Gigabyte's RGB Fusion is a bit limited, when it comes to motherboard support. Even though many motherboards support RGB Fusion a lot of them aren't supported in the SDK.

TL;DR; Make waves about MB support. Though don't expect much until MB manufactures get the stuff together and start standardizing stuff.

Exactly. They will expect full integration when then best they can do is half *** it.

personally I would be happy if iCUE could simply change the static colours of my motherboard and attached RGB devices with profiles. I don't use any of the effects as I find them distracting and kinda tacky but I do have profiles in iCUE for all my games that change the static colours to something matching the game (white and yellow for overwatch for example). It would be awesome if my motherboard and RGB watercooling components could change when launching games too. I was surprised that Asus does not provide this functionality despite the SDK having the potential to do so (Black Ops 4 can control the lighting on your ASUS GPU for example).

Archived