Corsair Community

Corsair 4gb DDR3 memory BSOD all the time and game crashes

jonte95

Hi, lets start with the full name of my memory: Corsair 4gb (KIT) DDR3 1333MHz/CL9/XMS3-10600 , find the rest of my components in my profile.

Now to my problem: I've had this computer for max 5-6 months, and I've encountered many frustrating problems, with sending in my computer to the store where I bought it for analyze. They said everything was ok. But, I'm getting BSOD everyday when booting the computer for the first time (Maybe like 20% chance max that I don't get a BSOD). When I get BSOD, the computer either freezes, but most of the it reboots itself when I get BSOD. When it reboots itself or freezes, I have to shut the computer down and then boot it again, to then get to Windows error recovery and choose "Start windows normally". This is now a habit for me to do.

But now to some things that can proove something: I've had problems installing some windows updates, but my dad took out one of the memory sticks, it booted without problems and he could install all the updates without any trouble. I've also had constant world of warcraft game crashes with Sys32/kernel texts in the error report, and something about "Couldnt read the memory referenced at ....numbers,letters...". I've also had weird automatic shutdowns of another game (Battlefield: bad company 2), without any message, however, not anymore though.

What's the part number of the kit? How To Read the Memory Label

Today, I got a BSOD while doing nothing special and as far as I know, I haven't had any BSOD while I'm actually in windows. I wasn't doing anything special, like being on the internet, it said "Dumping physical memory" or something. I've also had recent crashes with a game and it said this in the error "memory couldn't be read", "memory couldn't be executed", and lots of different "00000x00x00" like it´s saying in a BSOD. And lots of kernel, sys files got included also.

But I will check the part number today as you said.

Hi jonte95,

I would suggest downloading Memtest86+ (link is on the left).

Loading Setup Defaults in BIOS.

Then run Memtest until at least 4 passes are complete.

If you get any errors:

Remove one module and test again.

When done, swap modules in same slot and test again.

This wil narrow down which module may be bad.

It could also be incorrect BIOS setting. But the above noted steps would be a good place to start:)

Hi jonte95,

I would suggest downloading Memtest86+ (link is on the left).

Loading Setup Defaults in BIOS.

Then run Memtest until at least 4 passes are complete.

If you get any errors:

Remove one module and test again.

When done, swap modules in same slot and test again.

This wil narrow down which module may be bad.

It could also be incorrect BIOS setting. But the above noted steps would be a good place to start:)

The computer shop did this, but I can try again.

Archived