Corsair Community

Z.S

I was going to get the Lighting Node Pro but the Commander Pro launched as is better but, I have 2 questions relating to the Commander Pro.

1) Does it offer the same lighting functionality as the Lighting Node Pro (Lighting Node Pro can do all these crazy effects and patterns but the old Lighting Node and Commander Mini can only use static colours when changing LED colours)

2) Does it include RGB strips and if not are the ones sold on the website compatible with all the colour changing effects such as having multiple colours showing at once on different parts of the same strip.

Corsair did the same nonsense as they did last year.

They released the Commander Pro but you cannot buy the lighting strips separately unless you pony up another $60 for the lighting node pro.

Also correct me if im wrong. The old LED strips currently available in the store does not work with the new Commander Pro due to voltage differences. 5V vs 12V.

So what you are left with is a Commander Pro that can only control their LED fans and you will have to wait months for them to sell the LED strips separately.

Corsair did the same nonsense as they did last year.

They released the Commander Pro but you cannot buy the lighting strips separately unless you pony up another $60 for the lighting node pro.

Also correct me if im wrong. The old LED strips currently available in the store does not work with the new Commander Pro due to voltage differences. 5V vs 12V.

So what you are left with is a Commander Pro that can only control their LED fans and you will have to wait months for them to sell the LED strips separately.

the main question i wanted to be answered was not and that is how does the Commander Pro control the lighting does it control it like the OLD link hardware such as Lighting Node and Commander mini where if you change the colour it changes the whole strips colour or like the newer Lighting Node Pro where you can change individual LED's on one strip and thus can do more effects

the main question i wanted to be answered was not and that is how does the Commander Pro control the lighting does it control it like the OLD link hardware such as Lighting Node and Commander mini where if you change the colour it changes the whole strips colour or like the newer Lighting Node Pro where you can change individual LED's on one strip and thus can do more effects

I understand what you are asking but I think you need to see the full picture.

You can get the commander pro right now but at the time of this post you cannot get the new lighting strips separately unless you buy the lighting node pro. So do not believe anything unless you see a video of someone connecting the new lighting strips to the commander pro and displaying the fancy patterns unless you would like to take the chance and spend $$$ on the 2 items and test it.

I understand what you are asking but I think you need to see the full picture.

You can get the commander pro right now but at the time of this post you cannot get the new lighting strips separately unless you buy the lighting node pro. So do not believe anything unless you see a video of someone connecting the new lighting strips to the commander pro and displaying the fancy patterns unless you would like to take the chance and spend $$$ on the 2 items and test it.

I was going to buy the Commander Pro for HD140 RGB Fans I was going to get RGB Strips but will wait it out till corsair sell them as replacements as I would rather wait a couple of months than spend like $50 worth on something when I really only needed like $10 worth of accessories from it

• 4 weeks later...
Now that some of you have both the LNP and CLCP, can any one shed some more light on the original question? I am also interested if there is a difference in HD-RGB fan light options using Link between the two devices. I understand the issue with the LED strips and I am not particularly concerned about that as I have lots of other options. However, I am wondering if the available light effects are the same for both devices.

Is there is a difference in HD-RGB fan light options using Link between the two devices.

Exactly the same control protocol is used for the CLCP and CLNP so the LED control options should be identical for both devices.

The LNP is marketed as being capable of saving preferences to the device and then running without Link. Can the CLCP do the same?

Yes, both the CLCP and CLNP set the LEDs to the last setting.

As to what the CLCP does in terms of fan control when it's not being controlled by software Corsair don't specify this and as yet I have not figured it out. I suspect it may well depend on which temperature is being used to control the custom curve.

With the CoolIT CLCC + H110i + ... you can read back how the firmware is configured, but with the CLCP this is not possible which makes it impossible to know how it's configured.

Given you don't want the Corsair LED strips I feel a CLCP is a far better option.

The main issues with the CLCP are that fan hotplug does not work, some fans don't get detected at all and 3-pin/4-pin get incorrectly detected. AFAIK Corsair are working on new firmware.

Yes, I am arriving at the same conclusion. With CAM and AURA also running these days, I can see a need to selectively shutdown or remove some of these programs at times. The temp probes may be of use to me, unlike the LED strips, so that is another plus for the CLCP.

Archived