Corsair Community

Official Response: Amazon Vengeance K70 RGB

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Hello all,

To address questions and concerns about the various models of RGB keyboards: as with our previous keyboards, we will be releasing various versions of our RGB keyboards with variations in finish. Since, as a rule, we don’t comment on unannounced products, we can’t reveal all of the different color schemes at this time.

Underneath the skin, they will all be exactly the same, electrically and mechanically. There are no planned changes, electrically or mechanically, to the RGB keyboards that are currently for sale.

The Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) software is still in beta, and we really appreciate all the feedback you've given us so far. An official release is scheduled for later this month. All of our keyboards are field-upgrade-able for new firmware. We may issue new firmware updates to improve performance or to make other minor changes as they come up.

We thank you all for your patience and the passion you have for our products.

AND an addendum from our person in charge of software development.

I want to clarify an error in the original "statement" above.

The software that was released 6/8 is not a "beta." This release, which was build number 657 (which should tell you something) was tested for many weeks before it was made live. All critical issues that had been identified by our extended test team were fixed and verified.

Like with any complex software, there are going to be opportunities for improvement. And it will improve. The next release comes later this month, and there will be many more to follow.

I ask for your patience, and hope you will work with us to make the software that works with our gaming hardware the best in the business.

Bill Rathbone

Thank you for the clarification. As long as the outstanding issues get sorted our with subsequent software updates. My concern now is would such defects stemming from software have any adverse impact on the hardware? E.g. USB incompatibility issues should not have any adverse impact on the electrical inner workings of they keyboard, correct? Due to the fact that the keyboard intermittently loses light on some keys and then it stays on even after the PC shuts off and the fact that it needed to get unplugged and replugged-these shouldn't affect the keyboard in any way?

About the finish that make sense because you never get the Same color,but different version numbers is a littlebit over reactive I think.

The software is in beta but when you played for a few houers you get used to it and know the bugs,also there are many downloads with profiles so it is not a big problem.

Corsair thanks for the official response.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Hello all,

To address questions and concerns about the various models of RGB keyboards: as with our previous keyboards, we will be releasing various versions of our RGB keyboards with variations in finish. Since, as a rule, we don’t comment on unannounced products, we can’t reveal all of the different color schemes at this time.

Underneath the skin, they will all be exactly the same, electrically and mechanically. There are no planned changes, electrically or mechanically, to the RGB keyboards that are currently for sale.

The Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) software is still in beta, and we really appreciate all the feedback you've given us so far. An official release is scheduled for later this month. All of our keyboards are field-upgrade-able for new firmware. We may issue new firmware updates to improve performance or to make other minor changes as they come up.

We thank you all for your patience and the passion you have for our products.

While I have had minimal issues with the keyboard and software, I think its unacceptable to ship final hardware with beta software. You should have delayed for another month and got it right.

I used to purchase Corsair products without hesitation or much research but honestly after this launch, lack of immediate communication and beta software I will not purchase another Corsair product until reputable reviewers get their hands on your products and review it.

You just lost a day one early adopter.

While I have had minimal issues with the keyboard and software, I think its unacceptable to ship final hardware with beta software. You should have delayed for another month and got it right.

I used to purchase Corsair products without hesitation or much research but honestly after this launch, lack of immediate communication and beta software I will not purchase another Corsair product until reputable reviewers get their hands on your products and review it.

You just lost a day one early adopter.

Of course they beta tested the keyboard and the software before the release, but until more people start using it you won't get much more further with bug reports or everything else in general. I am a developer myself and I know how this kind of thing works.

Once something new is released it will ALWAYS have issues, which is why I'm waiting a while myself before purchasing it. I didn't want to be an early adopter since this is quite a complicate keyboard compared to others.

Of course they beta tested the keyboard and the software before the release, but until more people start using it you won't get much more further with bug reports or everything else in general. I am a developer myself and I know how this kind of thing works.

Once something new is released it will ALWAYS have issues, which is why I'm waiting a while myself before purchasing it. I didn't want to be an early adopter since this is quite a complicate keyboard compared to others.

I should have done the same. I just sent it back to Amazon. Not going to pay 169.00 plus tax to beta test their products.

The software that was released 6/8 is not a "beta." This release, which was build number 657 (which should tell you something) was tested for many weeks before it was made live. All critical issues that had been identified by our extended test team were fixed and verified.

Like with any complex software, there are going to be opportunities for improvement. And it will improve. The next release comes later this month, and there will be many more to follow.

I ask for your patience, and hope you will work with us to make the software that works with our gaming hardware the best in the business.

Bill Rathbone

Bill Rathbone

Your software is in beta, and regardless of the version number (which tells me nothing, i could make some software and say its version 4358.564 R5.0, that doesn't make it perfect and immune to bugs, or dictate how much work went into it) or how many hundreds of hours that your test team spent, your keyboard is having tons of issues with a pretty big handful of people, and corsair has done nothing but consume the problems + specs of the people affected. I've been contacting support since i got the keyboard (on September 10th), with no response as to the status of any bug fixes or bug identification from support, corsair employees, or even you, save for 'be patient'. That looks alot like beta testing to me.

Here's the thing though Bill, i have no issue being patient - none at all. However, i waited and paid for this product, and 200 dollars is not too much to ask for a little information, Especially since that information could save a sale for you - or even just more than 1. If i don't get information soon, i have no choice but to return the keyboard. I already live paycheck to paycheck, I'm not going to waste this bonus i got on a faulty keyboard because i blindly trusted an internet employee, who uttered the words 'trust us, it'll get better'.

If this truly is a software issue - then great! I'll keep the keyboard. But i have heard nothing from corsair on wether or not this is hardware, software, or even just a firmware problem, and because of that, i have no choice but to wait out the return period, and return it at the end. A little communication goes a long way Bill, and i see no reason why corsair has to keep bug status and software fixes secret, unless they don't have any info to report to it's 'beta testers.'

What are your "issues" you are having? You post your motherboard and your OS and you are complaining about this kb?! What??

By corsair support, i mean their actual diagnostic department, so my posts aren't an actual representation of my conversations with them. Be that as it may, I'm not sure how much you know of this, but the keyboard has to be plugged into the motherboard, which runs the OS. I know, it's all crazy, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

AS for my particular problems, my software continually keeps reporting a malfunction with the keyboard, as well as crashing every now and then. While the keyboard is said to be 'malfunctioning', the caps lock, scroll lock, and num lock lights stop working and only the keys and whatever light the keys were at are all that stay working. This is the part where I'm confused as to the hardware issue, or the software issue, and the part where i wish corsair would stop being secretive.

I've updated my bios, reinstalled many times, updated my chipset, and updated my USB controller drivers, as per corsair support suggestions. All of these have failed, and my keyboard still doesn't work.

Everytime i see this icon, i want to scream.

This is the part where I'm confused as to the hardware issue, or the software issue, and the part where i wish corsair would stop being secretive.

You need to understand that we cannot troubleshoot your system without YOUR input. This means that you need to fill in your system specifications if you are going to post and expect help in the forum.

We also need more specific explanations of what you are actually doing when you have the issues. In checking your support ticket, our tech support reps are in fact working with you and responding in a reasonable amount of time.

We do not announce progress on bug fixes. We do not announce "bug fixes". We release software updates on which, we are diligently working.

Archived