Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

Just throwing my hat in the ring here. I just installed the brand new H100i RGB PLATINUM SE and I am experiencing the same USB disconnect issues. If I set the lighting effect to a static color the problem goes away. Hopefully its fixed soon

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just throwing my hat in the ring here. I just installed the brand new H100i RGB PLATINUM SE and I am experiencing the same USB disconnect issues. If I set the lighting effect to a static color the problem goes away. Hopefully its fixed soon

I wish it was that easy for me but I cant stand all my devices in a spiral rainbow or whatever their default is.

Pretty sure if I saw that endlessly I would go crazy.

Also are you running a nVidia GPU?

How are your fans connected? Are you using a Commander Pro or any other Corsair fan/LED hub?

Pretty sure it doesn't matter how they are hooked up. It seems like the issue is with iCue due to the CorsairService.... service taking a dump all over itself and being restarted automatically by the iCue software. And I can add my GFs Corsair hardware to this list. She has a RTX2070...the reason neither noticed is because she prefers that look.

The more I think about it the more I think I should dump her before I go full on Jack Nicholon (The Shining/The Departed/Batman/etc) level of crazy on her... :P

Edited by Waukeen

Same issue with 2 different H100i RGB Platinum pumps. I created a new thread not realizing it was such a hot topic here but I wanted to add to this main discussion.

I replaced quite a few parts in my PC thinking that it was a hardware issue or some incompatibility issue after I completed some upgrades. I was mainly using the Spiral Rainbow effect on the pump and fans.

I noticed numerous USB disconnects in many different situations (unplugging/plugging in hardware, installing software, opening programs etc.) however, one thing I did notice was when the issue starts (USB Disconnect, Light Flash, Fan RPM Increases etc), if I open the iCUE software, it isn't showing the fan or pump speeds increasing or decreasing and closing and restarting iCUE resets the issue.

Currently testing static lights to see if there is any change.

*Started using a customized static light theme for the pump and fans and have had zero issues. Installed a few programs, ran some programs that would cause issues previously and still stable.

Edited by Isomelos
Additional Info

It seems to be the moving light effects that causes the problem. If you set the light on the pump and fan to one or more static colors it works fine. As soon as you set rainbow or arc effects the disconnects start again.

For me the problem goes away if i restart rhe service from within iCue but only untill i restrt my computer.

It seems to be the moving light effects that causes the problem. If you set the light on the pump and fan to one or more static colors it works fine. As soon as you set rainbow or arc effects the disconnects start again.

For me the problem goes away if i restart rhe service from within iCue but only untill i restrt my computer.

Although the situation we're all in is very annoying with these USB disconnects, it's nice to know we're not the only ones with the problem. Hopefully Corsair gets their act together and releases and update for iCue sooner rather than later! I didn't spend nearly £250 on upgrading my fan ecosystem with 3x LL120 RGB fans, H100i Platinum RGB, and a Commander Pro for them not to play nicely with each other! :)

yeah can confirm I've been stable for a couple days now just using a the static lighting effect. Really annoying though cause that's not what I paid for. Hopefully its fixed soon :mad:

Although the situation we're all in is very annoying with these USB disconnects, it's nice to know we're not the only ones with the problem. Hopefully Corsair gets their act together and releases and update for iCue sooner rather than later! I didn't spend nearly £250 on upgrading my fan ecosystem with 3x LL120 RGB fans, H100i Platinum RGB, and a Commander Pro for them not to play nicely with each other! :)

I'm sorry to let you know that before I downgraded the software version I also checked it without the multi-color lights option I set up and the USB disconnect

glitch did hit me there. This could be due to any number of things on my end but the disconnect didn't happen as often when I turned them off.

Sadly, as I as got the Obsidian 500D case now I am, for the first time, considering going with the H100i or the H115i, which means I will be even more invested in Corsair for my system build if I do that.

Even though this issue is still not acknowledged by the devs I am still going to buy their products as long as they avoid going the way of Logitech and start having crap support and getting products that are DOA...3 times... screw the G710+ and the G700s.

I just wish they would poke their heads in here and start looking/asking for information so they can reproduce this error on their test systems and fix it. All they need to do is start asking us for information about this if we have it. Im sure all of us here would be happy to help solve this error.

Common guys (Devs) pick up the ball and start running with it.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say we are running tests to identify the root cause and are working on a solution. This is a high priority issue with the team and hope to have a solution soon.

THANK YOU...FINALLY you guys come in here and informed us. So the question is, is there anything you all need from us to help diagnose this? Also so the place to start looking is at the service itself.

Edited by Waukeen

i currently have myself on a gigbyte z370 G7 MB & Asus Gtx 1080 Strix & Thermaltake Riing Psu on a i7 8700k but i'm running case wise corsair 500d rgb SE with Corsair's 3 LL 120mm rbg fan's in front then bought the corsair h100i rgb platinum cooler & took the new ML fan's off & bought a 3 pack of the LL fan's to complete my whole rgb build but..... everything work's well only thing im not sure with is where i have the corsair commander pro, I have taken the 2 fan's that are on the Rad of the cooler and plugged those 2 my commander pro and left the 2 fan connector's that's connected to the water dye itself empty. Thing's seem to be going smooth that way.. ive tried both and haven't noticed that i couldn't it even lets u change the DYE settings of the RGB's from ML fan's which is what comes stock 2 the LL fan's so seem's like it should be ok on that just wasn't sure if anyone knew right off... Other then that Yes i have been getting the USB plug & unplug sound getting it as i type this now would like to know before i can't send this cooler back if its a hardware issue or a software. Seem's software based to me because cooler keep's temp's and so on under control.

i currently have myself on a gigbyte z370 G7 MB & Asus Gtx 1080 Strix & Thermaltake Riing Psu on a i7 8700k but i'm running case wise corsair 500d rgb SE with Corsair's 3 LL 120mm rbg fan's in front then bought the corsair h100i rgb platinum cooler & took the new ML fan's off & bought a 3 pack of the LL fan's to complete my whole rgb build but..... everything work's well only thing im not sure with is where i have the corsair commander pro, I have taken the 2 fan's that are on the Rad of the cooler and plugged those 2 my commander pro and left the 2 fan connector's that's connected to the water dye itself empty. Thing's seem to be going smooth that way.. ive tried both and haven't noticed that i couldn't it even lets u change the DYE settings of the RGB's from ML fan's which is what comes stock 2 the LL fan's so seem's like it should be ok on that just wasn't sure if anyone knew right off... Other then that Yes i have been getting the USB plug & unplug sound getting it as i type this now would like to know before i can't send this cooler back if its a hardware issue or a software. Seem's software based to me because cooler keep's temp's and so on under control.

Its a software issue. Install iCue 3.1.133 been working fine for me besides the fact that you lose some functionality they added since that version.

And as for a commonality between all these systems...I still say its an issue with how the software talks to nVidia GPU cards since I have yet to see anyone with this issue who has an AMD card. If someone proves me wrong then great but my money is on that being the issue.

First forums post ever ..... ok installed corsair 100i platinum was working fine 2hrs ish then I updated the unit .....update failed now pump sounds like a jet engine no rgb on the pump and fans Usb drops out every 30 sec is this a rma or do I bin my old z77 mobo setup or software

First forums post ever ..... ok installed corsair 100i platinum was working fine 2hrs ish then I updated the unit .....update failed now pump sounds like a jet engine no rgb on the pump and fans Usb drops out every 30 sec is this a rma or do I bin my old z77 mobo setup or software

From the sounds of what you said it sounds like you might have bricked the unit but I do not know if that device has firmware. This sounds like you might need to make a call to support. On the flip side if it *IS* the issue the rest of us are having then welcome to the club brother good to have you :P

Good luck and do let us know how it turns out.

Hey guys, i just stumbled across this thread while browsing reddit and wanted to share my experience with this problem. I have an h100i GTX which was doing this. Usb reconnect every couple minutes and an LED reset. Presenting near idle usually

I solved the issue by giving the fan header more voltage. In my case i give the fan header a full fixed 12v now, but i dont believe it took that much for the issue to go away.

No where in the corsair manual did it say anything about preferring 12v or how the 12v rail

Works inside the pump.

Hope this helps.

Edit- i have been informed in the reddit thread where i found this thread, that your model AIO does not require a fan header. I suggest compairing your USB voltage to others which do not have the issue. And if someone here feels froggy, maybe slightly increasing your usb voltage on that header. *warning- increasing usb voltage could damage your AIO, your MOBO, or both.

Edited by Meantittes

Quick update from my end: I now have my 5th H115 Platinum unit and every of them has this USB disconnect. Need a 6th one because this one has other issues like a pink instead of white inner LED and dirt under the outer ring but I totallyy expect the 6th one to also have this USB disconnect issue...

Its absolutely safe to say this is not a hardware issue of the pumps itself (so you can relax, all your hardware is fine) but its for sure a software error within the iCUE software.

Quick update from my end: I now have my 5th H115 Platinum unit and every of them has this USB disconnect. Need a 6th one because this one has other issues like a pink instead of white inner LED and dirt under the outer ring but I totallyy expect the 6th one to also have this USB disconnect issue...

Its absolutely safe to say this is not a hardware issue of the pumps itself (so you can relax, all your hardware is fine) but its for sure a software error within the iCUE software.

I'll be receiving my replacement today. I'll probably just end up returning it and use the one I have.

After reading through, I've changed my Pump and Fans to only have a static color, until this software issue is fixed. Have had no issues since doing this. Multiple games and USB Connect/Disconnect for different devices and everything works.

New member here, interesting reading 2 say the least.

I've got a new rig, and I am getting this infuriating usb connect/disconnect problem as well.

I have the h150pro, corsair rgb ram, 7 ll120 rgb fans, commander pro and lighting node with icue installed.

About 75% of the time icue starts and does not show my pump or lighting node. 100% of the time I get the usb connect/disconnect problem.

If I uninstall icue, then reinstall it shows everything but the usb problem still happens.

It also seems to happen when using external usb devices as well.

Glad I found this thread, I was going to start ordering new parts.

I will set everything to a static colour and see how it goes.

What a bad situation this is!!!

H115i platinum here. Also having this issue. After repeated disconnects on boot up it smooths out over time. Waiting on a software fix because I really like this cooler and it's my first pc build (unrelated, I really hope they make a k95 wireless like the k63 wireless. I love my k63. Use it for the xbox).

Hi guys. Just here to say I've got the exact same problem as you all do.

I have a H100i RGB. Spent hours and hours debugging this, changing cables, removing software, BIOS settings and reinstalling windows. It was seriously driving me nuts. Very happy I found this thread and happy to read that Corsair is working on a fix for this ASAP.

This is a very serious issue and I'm on the fence whether to return this unit or not. I hope this can be resolved in the next release.

Also, information about this should be put up on your site so people are aware and don't have to spend hours on this for no use.

Hi guys. Just here to say I've got the exact same problem as you all do.

I have a H100i RGB. Spent hours and hours debugging this, changing cables, removing software, BIOS settings and reinstalling windows. It was seriously driving me nuts. Very happy I found this thread and happy to read that Corsair is working on a fix for this ASAP.

This is a very serious issue and I'm on the fence whether to return this unit or not. I hope this can be resolved in the next release.

Also, information about this should be put up on your site so people are aware and don't have to spend hours on this for no use.

tbh, dont expect a fix for this at least until Eastern. Atm they have absolutely no clue what is causing the USB disconnects and testing a possible fix will take also a long time so.. yeah. I personally expect a fix for this around Eastern at the end of April or with the May iCUE release at the earliest.

That is very disappointing if that is true. Currently I have only static light configured. Problem fixed for now. Not getting what I paid for though.

In this case Corsair have a bug that is easily reproducible. Basically the dream of any developer when it comes to bugs. They have the sourcecode of iCue and the firmware to the pump. They now need to sit down in Visual Studio and debug the code. Unless there is some major complexity that I can't see I would say this is definitely fixable.

Does this problem also affect our ability to control the fan speed/pump speed?

Is there an alternative way to control fan speed/pump speed outside of iCUE?

I have a H100i RGB platinum

I find that the fans are really too loud when at 100% load and I was hoping to just set them to 2000 fixed.