Corsair Community

Corsair Link v4.3.0.154 bug

torturer

well. after I update to the latest version of corsair link, which is v4.3.0.154. My configuration are gone! all the temps and fans i position according to my case setup, naming of the fans, and the image of my pc case are all gone! Brilliant upgrade, Corsair! now i got to manually add those fans back!

Yeah, I am not sure what happened to Corsair, maybe too many products and not enough time spent on making sure they work properly. This new release included controlling the DRAM LEDs but it doesn't even control one for me. The kit is faulty so maybe that is the issue.

I have the H115i, in quiet mode the new driver 4.3.0.154 causes the Fans to do spikes from ~950rpm to ~2100rpm for less than a second while the water temp is only 31.5C to 32.5C, this occurs very often, every 1-2 minutes or less.

Apart from that, a general concern is that the speed thresholds should have been designed a bit different.. when the temp is going to touch 40C, it triggers the higher speed, in this point the temperature drops under 40C, about 39.7C so the speed drops again and then it climbs over 40C again and so forth.. there is an instability of the speed in the values near the thresholds.

A solution would be simple, when temperature touches the 40C for first time, the higher speed step should be maintained for a specific time, lets say 3mins, even if the temp drops under 40C, the speed should stay in the higher step, after 3mins if the temp is still over 40C then it should continue maintaining the same speed.

These unstable ups and downs in speed are very annoying, it sounds like a racing car before the start :)

I think the fan issue is because the curve on the 110GT is running off the cpu package temp instead of radiator temp in this release.

CPU package temp goes up and down quickly and gets higher than the normal rad temps so the fans rev up a lot.

On mine at least the fan revs seemed to coincide with brief cpu package temp spikes.

I changed it to look at the radiator temp and it seem to be behaving normally now.

I think the fan issue is because the curve on the 110GT is running off the cpu package temp instead of radiator temp in this release.

CPU package temp goes up and down quickly and gets higher than the normal rad temps so the fans rev up a lot.

On mine at least the fan revs seemed to coincide with brief cpu package temp spikes.

I changed it to look at the radiator temp and it seem to be behaving normally now.

How did you change it?

How did you change it?

On the home or config page click on one of the coolers fans and it will pop up a Configure Fan dialog.

You'll see a drop down labeled "Group" with "CPU Package" as the value.

Change that to H110iGT Temp or which ever cooler you have, it should be pretty obvious.

You'll have to do it for both fans and in each profile you use.

Not sure if Group was an option in the earlier versions.

Don't know why they picked that name either, I'd have gone with Temp Source since that what it seems to be...

On the home or config page click on one of the coolers fans and it will pop up a Configure Fan dialog.

You'll see a drop down labeled "Group" with "CPU Package" as the value.

Change that to H110iGT Temp or which ever cooler you have, it should be pretty obvious.

You'll have to do it for both fans and in each profile you use.

Not sure if Group was an option in the earlier versions.

Don't know why they picked that name either, I'd have gone with Temp Source since that what it seems to be...

Thanks,

I did a restart after a windows update and it's back to being quiet again.

Archived