Corsair Community

Crosair Link just forgot my H100i and Cant find It

niallh

So I posted on here a week ago about Corsair Link overriding the default fan curve, that got sorted, its been fine since, However today I noticed my H100i Fans were not responding to profile changes in link, they are spinning and working fine, no changes to hardware have been made, so I exited out of Link for the first time since installation, now when I open it again it cannot find the h100i fans or the pump, even though the fans are spinning and LED is Blue.

* Reinstanlled Link 4 times, no avail.

MB X-99A, Connect to Pump not Motherboard, OS Win 7 Link 4.2.4.25

Please help, getting super annoyed over here !

N

From what you have posted it's impossible for me to know what the issue might be.

For starters you should add your PC specs to your profile, check if the H100i is listed on Devices and Printers and if Device Manager reports any errors for it.

That may help and if not then:

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

I did a System restore back to before I started messing around with older versions of Link, no luck, Went into devices and printers saw a device that says integrated USB Bridge, had a warning next to it, so I fixed it via Windows Online Driver search, still says Integrated USB Bridge, but I went back into Link and h100i was there and the pump, all with my custom curve still there.

Not sure if its a coincidence or what! Maybe the USB Cable is wearing, if it happens again will try using a Mini USB in the back of my machine. Hopefully that fix in Devices and Printers helped it, hopefully this thread will help others.

Thanks

-N

hopefully this thread will help others.

It's good that the issue has gone away, but I doubt this will help others as I can't figure out what action actually resolved the issue from what you have posted.

Had you specified the warning code then this would probably have provided some insight.

Ok So it happened again after working for a day or two, (Since I last posted)

Heres the error-

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

It doesnt do anything else, I cant even fix it this time round.

I don't recall seeing a Code 43 for a H100i before. My suspicion is that the H100i firmware has crashed, what happens if you power down the system and then reboot? I suspect the H100i will come back, well at least for a while.

According to the Win 7 Documentation Code 43 means - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

So yeah you could be right, the fans are spinning but on the quiet profile so been very careful to not put any load on my CPU till this is sorted.

Do you know how to fix this? Hope its not an RMA needed, its been fine... Since I installed Link, wish i never had.

Thanks for your help and time by the way :)

* Also the LED is on Blue, does the system boot test fine, fans are spinning etc.

- N

OK so some news, not my ideal way to spend a Saturday night ! But here we go-

Found this great thread from 2013 from Risphod explaining exactly the issues i've had here, It appears that the issue was a USB Conflict as I removed my External harddrives and Mouse and keyboard, re booted, I now saw "Integrated USB Bridge" in Devices and printers, rather than Unknown Device. Coolio. However luanched Link, still did not detect H100i.

I checked these out in Device Manager under HIDs and found them by comparing the Hardware ID to those that Ripshod posted, they matched, so that was great. Rebooted again, No luck. Shut down and turned PSU off, waited 20 mins and rebooted, launched Link. And Finally H100i Pump,Fans etc show up and respond to controls.

I suspect it was a USB Conflict like i say, with maybe one of my ext HDDs plugged in a USB conflicting with the MB Header the H100i is using.

When the problem occurred my Fans, LED, Temp was working just not showing in Windows/Link. It sticks with the previous Fan Profile. I'm going to be putting my machine in Sleep Tonight and doing multiple Reboot stability tests in the morning to see if the issue occurs again.

Finally i just want to say I had NO issues ever for over a year now when using my H100i WITHOUT CORSAIR LINK. I installed it becuase of the cool Promo video and seemed to be a good way to monitor the temps, It annoyed me how it gets rid of the default fan curve that you can never get back when installed, and then within 2 weeks of installing it, these issues occurred. I think Link could be a great tool, it looks nice it has the potential, and the H100i itself is really awesome. it just scares me to death thinking that this could occur again while i'm away and come back to find out I have a crispy 5960x and £1000 Down ! However I know you guys sell alot of units and theres bad in everything, so I respect that this maybe 100% my fault for the USB Conflcit anyway.

Thanks to Ripshod and Red-Ray .

Note I'm on Windows 7 , Motherboard X-99A, 750W Coolermaster PSU, 64GB DDR4 Crucial RAM, Intel i7 5960x (not oc'd) 2x Segate HDDs and 4X External Segate Expansion Drives. (Just thought id post for refernce of other peoples issues)

It keeps disappearing from the Corsair Link screens (latest version). I've found that if I locate it in Windows Device Manager (under Universal Serial Bus controllers as "Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device") and then right-click and "disable" it and then immediately right-click and "enable" it, then it instantly reappears in Link!

Why is this happening?

It keeps disappearing from the Corsair Link screens (latest version). I've found that if I locate it in Windows Device Manager (under Universal Serial Bus controllers as "Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device") and then right-click and "disable" it and then immediately right-click and "enable" it, then it instantly reappears in Link!

Why is this happening?

I suspect this may be slightly different and am wondering does this happen when the system awakes from sleep?

Post a screen shot of the Device Manager Properties when the H80iV2 is not working.

• 5 weeks later...

It happens to me with a H115i sometimes after sleep.

Sometimes is fine, other times Corsair Link won't show my H115i and SIV shows a temperature of 0 (zero) and fans/pump stuck at (probably) last values before sleep.

Windows shows the H115i USB device enabled and no issue with it.

Quick fix is to disable/enable the device from Windows Device manager then restart SIV or CorsairLink.

Also, related to SIV, every time after sleep my PSU RM850i shows no values. If I restart SIV it works fine.

Sometimes is fine, other times Corsair Link won't show my H115i and SIV shows a temperature of 0 (zero) and fans/pump stuck at (probably) last values before sleep.

Also, related to SIV, every time after sleep my PSU RM850i shows no values. If I restart SIV it works fine.

As far as I can tell when the computer awakes from sleep the H115i windows driver goes wonky. As you found this can be recovered by using device manager to disable and enable the device.

If you run SIV in -AIOCTL mode SIV will do this automatically. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=857462, but as -AIO-POWER=15:15 is now the default (see [About]) it does not need to be specified. Note that CL4 should not be active when -AIOCTL is specified.

The correct solution would be for Corsair the fix the H115i driver, but I advise you not to hold your breath.

When SIV fails to report the RM850i after a sleep is an error displayed on [Link Status]? If so what is it? Does it update/change every two seconds? Post [Link Status] screen shots that show the Tool Tip for the RM850i similar to as attached .

959529122_LinkStatuswithToopTip.thumb.png.a0867d2a72c6bcc1189b79556be18c1a.png

Thanks for your reply and for SIV :)

I use -AIOCTL as I use custom pump / fan profiles for H115i.

I don't run CL4 at the same time with SIV.

The H115i driver issue doesn't happen after each resume from sleep (it takes a couple of sleep / resume cycles for the issue to manifest itself)

RM850i issue is after each resume from sleep.

Screenshots

Not-working:

2146628845_ScreenShot2016-09-21at21_03_28.thumb.png.9f4e07b72250c6a7a49fd5422fd89d24.png

screen3.thumb.jpg.588fc3188c9670ac1e4e902c195170f3.jpg

Working:

441771503_ScreenShot2016-09-21at21_07_32.thumb.png.49b7200187020d2f47f916dcf6f952c9.png

Not-working:

attachment.php?attachmentid=26528&d=1474490082

1. For some reason when SIV tries to read the RM850i after the resume this fails, but as I don't have an RM850i I can't check out what happens here.
  2. What happens if you press [Restart] for the RM850i on [Link Devices]? Does this get it working again?
  3. What happens to what the first instance of SIV reports when you start a second instance of SIV?
  4. When the RM850i is reporting zero values what is reported the very first time you press [ 0:0 01 ] and does doing this get the RM850i reporting again?
  5. After pondering things I suspect #3 will get the RM850i reporting again in the first SIV instance so I updated SIV to do what this does automatically.
  6. After doing the above tests then grab SIV 5.13 Beta-21 or later and check if it resolves the issue with the RM850i.

1. For some reason when SIV tries to read the RM850i after the resume this fails, but as I don't have an RM850i I can't check out what happens here.
  2. What happens if you press [Restart] for the RM850i on [Link Devices]? Does this get it working again?
  3. What happens to what the first instance of SIV reports when you start a second instance of SIV?
  4. When the RM850i is reporting zero values what is reported the very first time you press [ 0:0 01 ] and does doing this get the RM850i reporting again?
  5. After pondering things I suspect #3 will get the RM850i reporting again in the first SIV instance so I updated SIV to do what this does automatically.
  6. After doing the above tests then grab SIV 5.13 Beta-21 or later and check if it resolves the issue with the RM850i.

I've tested directly with SIV 5.13 Beta-21 and it seems to solve the issue with RM850i. I've only tried once but I'll let you know if I see the issue again.

Based on what you suggested above I tried "Restart" for H115i on "Link devices" after a resume from sleep when H115i wasn't reporting anything.

It started working again, reporting temperature but the pump/fans control wasn't working (stuck at the default values stored in the H115i device memory).

Then I restarted SIV and pump/fan control started working again.

So, this is without Windows H115i driver Disable/Enable.

I've tested directly with SIV 5.13 Beta-21 and it seems to solve the issue with RM850i. I've only tried once but I'll let you know if I see the issue again.

Had I wished you to do this then I would not have specified that you should do the other tests first :brick:.

It's tricky for me to support Corsair hardware at all as Corsair have declined to make the datasheets available to me and you not bothering to do as I asked does not help.

If you can't be bothered to run the tests I asked for using the SIV 5.12 release then I would prefer that you use CL4 rather than SIV.

Based on what you suggested above I tried "Restart" for H115i on "Link devices" after a resume from sleep when H115i wasn't reporting anything.

It started working again, reporting temperature but the pump/fans control wasn't working (stuck at the default values stored in the H115i device memory).

Then I restarted SIV and pump/fan control started working again.

So, this is without Windows H115i driver Disable/Enable.

What you have reported is not enough for me to address the issue, further as others have specified SIV correctly reports Asetek coolers after resuming from sleep I find this hard to believe. I am pondering:

1. Which W10 build are you using? See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history + https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history.
  2. Which version of SIV does this pertain to?
  3. Do you think SIV was running in -AIOCTL mode?
  4. Was SIV actually running in -AIOCTL mode? Post [About] + [Link Fans].
  5. Was SIV -AIOCTL active when the system resumed from sleep?
  6. If you have Windows Device Manager active with the USB section expanded does it update/flicker about 15 seconds after resuming from sleep?
  7. What about when you press [Restart]?
  8. How many seconds after awaking was it when SIV was reporting zero?
  9. If this was < about 15 seconds did it start reporting none zero values after about 15 seconds?

I could specify command qualifiers that would provide debug trace information, but as you fail to do as I ask I suspect you would not bother to run the tests. On the off chance you can be bothered then you could do as below in a command window and post SIV_DBGOUT.log after doing a sleep/resume.

SIV64X -AIOCTL -DBGUPD > SIV_DBGOUT.log

The reason I didn't go through your steps is because I thought you already figured the issue hence the quick new working beta version.

Your assumption that I can't be bothered is wrong, I use your software, I am thankful for it and I will gladly help you in any way I can to improve it.

So, I reinstalled SIV 5.12 release version and went through the steps:

Answers below:

2) If I press "Restart" nothing happens, I tried twice, it won't start reporting again

3) If I start a 2nd SIV instance then both instances start reporting correctly.

4) If I press "0:0:01" nothing happens, reporting doesn't work.

5) You are correct in your assumption - and now I remember I even tried with the previous beta version but actually forgot to mention that "Restart" or pressing "0:0:01" did nothing.

------

Now, on the H115i issue:

1) Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.187

2) SIV 5.12 release and SIV 5.13 latest beta

3) I always run SIV in -AIOCTL mode due to my custom H115i pump/fan profiles (Qualifiers: -AIOCTL -TRAY -NOSMART)

4) [About] shows AIOCTL green, [Link Fans] screen4.thumb.jpg.51146bc1ea9aae13e521f5ecc14b0e1d.jpg

2nd SIV instance started after resume doesn't see H115i at all [Link Fans] screen5.thumb.jpg.f64588a9b0f406cfe7ef5bacb4ef9a9b.jpg

5) I checked 4) after resume, so yes

6) I can't verify this remotely

7) When I press "Restart" the Device manage will refresh its view and SIV will start reporting data from H115i correctly (this is with SIV 5.12 release now) and it appears pump/fan control works as well.

8) Definitively more than 15 seconds, it lasts until I do Disable/Enable from Windows device manager on the H115i USB device or "Restart" in SIV

9) When do you need the debug trace? Is it ok after resume to start a SIV instance and capture it?

SIV only reports wrong values for H115i when the device is stuck after resume from sleep. In this case both SIV or CL4 won't see the device at all until I re-enable it from the device manage. Again, this doesn't happen for every resume from sleep.

The reason I didn't go through your steps is because I thought you already figured the issue hence the quick new working beta version.

By now I guess you have deduced that resuming from sleep is tricky, if not then I can assure you it is! It's also quite tricky to remotely figure out what is happening when I don't have the hardware to recreate the issue.

4) If I press "0:0:01" nothing happens, reporting doesn't work.

I am not sure what this means. Does SIV just stall? Does a screen appear after a while, how long does it take? Can you post the screen shot?

4) [About] shows AIOCTL green, [Link Fans] [ATTACH]26536[/ATTACH] 2nd SIV instance started after resume doesn't see H115i at all [Link Fans] [ATTACH]26537[/ATTACH].

It's telling that the 2nd instance does not show the H115i at all. What does the H115i [Link Status] ToolTip on the 1st instance report? When you check device manager is the H115i actually disabled? What does [Link Devices] report? Screen shots would be good.

SIV only reports wrong values for H115i when the device is stuck after resume from sleep. In this case both SIV or CL4 won't see the device at all until I re-enable it from the device manage. Again, this doesn't happen for every resume from sleep.

From this I suspect that SIV disables the H115i, but for some unknown reason once in a while the enable fails. Do you think this is what is happening?

If so then I am inclined to enhance the restart code to check that the device enable enabled the device and if not to try again.

I am not sure what this means. Does SIV just stall? Does a screen appear after a while, not long? Can you post the screen shot?

screen6.thumb.jpg.cd0bbe39a2b66299b03e223955d82102.jpg

It's telling that the 2nd instance does not show the H115i at all. What does the H115i [Link Status] ToolTip on the 1st instance report? When you check device manager is the H115i actually disabled? What does [Link Devices] report? Screen shots would be good.

[Link Status] ToolTip on the 1st instance

screen8.thumb.jpg.075d5f68fe0aa9f7509952792c6d711c.jpg

(I see text saying: Access is denied!)

Device manager: screen7.jpg.843e370d655e3be913b12e3b9577f70d.jpg

Status is enabled (Device is working properly)

[Link Devices] screen9.thumb.jpg.43c7a905719b41492fd28b5a5a72e69c.jpg

From this I suspect that SIV disables the H115i, but for some unknown reason once in a while the enable fails. Do you think this is what is happening?

I'm not sure about SIV disabling the H115i, it could be the case.

Btw. With SIV 5.12 it seems to be happening after each resume from sleep.

(I tried 3 times and it happened every time)

If I stop SIV and start CL4, it won't see H115i.

If I click "Restart" from [Link Devices], stop SIV and start CL4 then it will see it.

Again, Windows Device Manager shows the H115i device as Enabled and everything looks fine.

[Link Status] ToolTip on the 1st instance

attachment.php?attachmentid=26540&d=1474559661

(I see text saying: Access is denied!).

This does not make sense. There is no way SIV should get access denied as SIV claims the lock before doing the CreateFile(). Does the time change every two seconds?

Did you have any other software active that could have been accessing the H115i? Having CL4 active could cause this, can you confirm it was not active. Did you have any other reporting programs active?

Do you have NZXT CAM on your system?

Archived