Corsair Community

Dell M6400 + p256

Onyro

hello All,

i bought the first of 2 p256's which arrived yesterday and installed lastenight, however it is only reaching arround 150MB/s read.. motherboard settings are set to ahci.

any ideas?

http://www.onyro.com/images/ssd.jpg

I intend on adding the 2nd one when it arrives next week in a raid0 setup..

cheers Ant

I see that it is assigned as C:. Is your current OS running on this drive? If so, this is not the right way to bench a drive for its max potential. Keep in mind while your running this benchmark the OS is running in the background as well. The correct way for testing would be to use as a secondary drive.

• Corsair Employee
I am sure it will but if that is the drive you are running the O.S. from it will be a bit lower on the performance mark, I think if you search for that you will see that is common.

thanks guys.. to be honest though won't most people use these as their OS drives..? i mean we buy them to run our systems quicker.. not just transfer files quicker. Anyway everything loads nice and quick so not complaining..

i'm hoping the extra drive in raid0 takes is over 350-400MB/s read..

Also, does that laptop have SATA I or II ports? If the former then that will certainly limit the speed as well.

Guys the dell m6400 covet is the phatest laptop on earth... so it shouldn't have any trouble coping with whatever u throw at it.

the controller is Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

do you know if there will be a firmware update or is the slow small file read write a hardware issue..?

cheers

Also, does that laptop have SATA I or II ports? If the former then that will certainly limit the speed as well.

Guys the dell m6400 covet is the phatest laptop on earth... so it shouldn't have any trouble coping with whatever u throw at it.

the controller is Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

Intel® I/O Controller Hub 9 (ICH9) Family

Looks like it is SATA I.

Archived