Corsair Community

icue and fans need help

Gunnar

Hello, new to forums. I have 4 SP120 fans that are working, with fan hub and sp lighting controller. My problems is the fans are not recognized but icue and its v 3.1.1.4 the latest. I think the problems is, the connector on the sp controller is the 6 pin type that has the the 3 separate pins {power, speed etc} on the other side that is not sata power. I'm guessing that the connector needs to connected to motherboard but I do not have that connector or know what it is called or, where to connect it to. Can somebody tell me what its called or provide a link to connect to usb inside motherboard? Thanks in advance

Motherboard is Gigabyte gaming 7.

PS keyboard is Cherry MX silent and is recognized,

Thank you. I have the RGB Fan hub this one, and that is connected to the button controller the other end of controller (not the sata power) is connected to nothing. Sorry I wasn't more clear. I have rgb fan hub connected to sata power and sp lighting controller. The three pin connectors from fans are connected to case fan hub for powering fans.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

Ok so I bought the wrong thing. Thanks a bunch!! So, will the Lighting Pro node operate more than 2 fans? It has 2 ports on it?

Yes, it will. The fans don't go into those ports - they connect to the RGB Fan Hub, which has 6 fans. So one LNP can control 12 fans. Or 6 fans and 6 strips. Or 12 strips.

Check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880.

I'm hoping you're still looking at this thread. I have LNP installed and have the fans working, Sorta. They are on change colors but I have this blinking when set to static. Slow and on individual fans. For instance Fan 1 goes off then on static but 2, or 3 or,4 go off, then back on. Basically they don't stay static. When set to other effects they do the same just faster. Kinda at a loss here. I have opened pc back up checked connections. They were connected correctly. Fan 1 in radiator fan rear of case. 2 is top rear, 3 middle top and 4 front top. They are connected as such in hub. Connection is port 1 of LNP. 2 is empty. All fans are connected to fan hub in case NZXT 440H. Not any particular order. I have also,

uninstalled icue and got latest. (yesterday)

rewired and labeled connection.

Switched usb ports on mb

Scaled oc cpu to default setting.

Have turned off aorus engine and rgb fusion 2.0 for mb and ram. Stall flashes grrr. Halp

Hmmm ... that's really odd. What happens if you rearrange the fans on the fan hub?

Consider - the fans operate in series. On fan gets data and then passes it on to the next fan. The Fan Hub facilitates this. But one bad fan in the bunch can cause crazy issues. Rearranging them can help isolate the bad fan but you need to be super-methodical about it. Put 1 fan in port 1. Does it work? Yes? Good. Put it in port two. Then start putting other fans in port one and verifying that both the fan and the next one work. Finally, put a known good fan in port two and put the first fan back into port 1. Do both work? It's tedious but it tests both aspects of the fan data connection.

Thanks again. I will go for it tomorrow. Problem is that my pc doesnt have the easiest access...grr. Well, I will try and let you know tomorrow. The only other fans I have are not rgb. It is AF120. So its just red. But I would think that wouldnt matter to much as flickering is not rgb related. Will let you know. Question? Do I set the fans in setup to, 1 fan with one fan plugged in. 2 with 2 fans etc. Or, just leave it at 4? Thanks again

So far, everything flashes in port one all fans with just that single fan plugged in. In port 2 nothing. Port 2 no fans light up. (Nothing in port 1.) PLugged in 4,3,2,1 and still the same. Tried lighting port 2 same thing as video. Plugged in the SP "button" controller node and it all works fine. Also, tried, instant lighting, lighting library, and hardware lighting on a static color they all do the same as video. Used a different 3 pin cable. The same.

Very short video

[ame]

[/ame]

I rewired and tried another LNP same results. I also, plugged all fans into mb and uninstalled icue and reinstalled icue and it is doing the same thing. I have also disconnected the fan hub that came with the case and still the same results.

Edit: in case anybody still reading this or cares, I bought some HD fans and voila, they work. No problems. And on top of that the strips work too!

PBQYRtR.jpg?1 [ame]

[/ame]

Archived