Corsair Community

Failed Login Notification on The Corsair Support Forums

FROM ADMIN: NOTE: You do not need to report these messages. They're just bots.

Has anyone else received an email this morning advising them someone has attempted to login to their account or have I been singled out?

Dear .Griff.,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair Support Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.xxx.xxx.xxx

All the best,

The Corsair Support Forums

Do admin want the IP address?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I got an email from Corsair claiming that someone had tried to log into my account 5 times with an incorrect password. They blocked the IP for some period of time. I changed my password. The IP was for someone in China who is known to try and spam forums.

I'm wondering if the email was legit. And what else, if anything, I should do.

-- Larry

• 4 weeks later...

I received a notification email also:

Dear FlawlessSoul,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair User Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 46.21.93.18

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

hi all ,

Dear bommie,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair User Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 183.223.207.142

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

here's a another message i get ...

• 2 months later...

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 50.7.139.243

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

Thanks for the heads up on this,i have just strengthened my password.

i take it i am not the only one?

Thanks for the heads up on this,i have just strengthened my password.

i take it i am not the only one?

no they went after me last night the used

the following IP address: 50.7.159.178

Does anyone here belong to http://www.bitcointalk.org

I post a lot on that forum and it was hacked 30 days ago. I am interested to see if this attack here has a common link to the hack there.

Thanks philipma1957

I just got a email saying failed login and it was not me.

See below:

-----------------

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 91.109.247.173

Has anyone else received an email this morning advising them someone has attempted to login to their account or have I been singled out?

Do admin want the IP address?

I also received this, but for a different IP. Forwarding to admins.

Justin

I recently received an email stating:

"Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair User Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 94.23.30.53"

Is that something either one of us needs to be concerned about?

Dear shankly1985,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 192.43.244.42

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

Got one too just logged in to post it and change my password.

Dear ChrisUGH,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 77.109.141.138

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

Archived