Corsair Community

Zero RPM?

MoldCAD

HI, another question from a new AX1600i owner.

I'm a little suspicious of how late the internal fan starts to spin. I had ICUe installed and the fan didn't kick in at all. Not being familiar yet with ICUe interface, I replaced it with the LINK and here it's very straightforward to just click the fan icon and the "Configure fan" window will open. It has several modes to choose from; in Default mode the fan never starts to spin just like under ICUe. Only in the MAX, Fixed % and Custom mode does it spin, so the fan itself isn't broken.

So my questions are:

1. What is the PSU temperature when the fan should start spinning in Default mode under Corsair LINK?

2. How do I set the AX1600i fan speed under iCUe? When I install this software, I'm always in Profile 3 - perhaps this one has the fan RPM set disabled? How do I change it? Why am I in Profile 3 even though I didn't define it (I don't even know how to do it)? How do I delete any custom Profile so iCUe works in default conditions?

Please advise, because it's not encouraging to see PSU temperature at some 37 C and its fan still not spinning! TIA

Piotr

Hi buddy.. on stock settings the fan should kick in around 50c...

as for setting a custom curve,,, go to psu tab in iCUE,, click Performance tab on left.. then click '+' a new profile will be created.. (will be named 'Custom' or 'Cooling Mode'. set up your curve.. then click on the Fan tab to apply it...

that make sense buddy?

this may help....

[ame]

[/ame]

method is the same for PSU

Thanks - 50 C is which it never exceeds under the specific load I'm testing, so all looks OK! As to the profiles: it's quite self-explanatory under LINK, but how do I why is "Profile 3" impossible to delete in iCUe? I'd like to start with a default iCUE profile, and only then add my own if I need....

Also, what started my doubts about the zero rpm mode, is the fact that right after having installed the AX1600i, when I put the PC to sleep, before it turned off the PSU fan would run a couple of seconds at full speed. Now it doesn't do that any more...

Hi buddy.. on stock settings the fan should kick in around 50c...

as for setting a custom curve,,, go to psu tab in iCUE,, click Performance tab on left.. then click '+' a new profile will be created.. (will be named 'Custom' or 'Cooling Mode'. set up your curve.. then click on the Fan tab to apply it...

that make sense buddy?

Once again please help me - anyone who has more experience than I do. I currently have Corsair Link installed, but would like to install iCUE. I tried doing it, but instead of the "Default" profile of a clean install (as per the movie above), I have what I probably set up unwillingly when playing with iCUE before - Profile 3. I do NOT have the behavior shown in the movie, with Quiet, Balance and Extreme modes in the Performance tab for my AX1600i...

Please tell me how to get rid of "Profile 3" so that "Default" profile show at startup, giving me access to all 3 cooling modes (Quiet, Balanced and Extreme). I'd like to get rid of the LINK I have now and install iCUE instead - but until I have this "Profile 3" showing up instead of the "Default" profile, I am waiting for some good soul's advice how to perform a clean iCUE install, with Default profile rather than "Profile 3".... BTW, I believe I went to all the places on my system drive and removed everything related to iCUE profiles - and yet upon iCUE install, I end up in this silly "Profile 3" again. I'm afraid it's stored somewhere in the Registry but before I try to edit it, I'd appreciate it very much if someone gave me a recipe for a more simple and elegant way for a clean iCUE install. TIA

Piotr

Archived